Vintage | Antique | Art | Decor | Collectible | Salvage
ScrappyPuppy's Shop Policies
Hi. This is a friendly shop. Order with confidence. If something is not right, I will strive to make it right. Note that buyer is responsible for return postage on any returns.
If there is a problem, relax, and let me know immediately. I can be more helpful if you are not upset. Thank you! :)
Paypal (preferred), credit or debit cards, or Etsy gift cards.
Shipping is same or next business day. Items requiring special packaging may need an extra day.
I make every effort to save you money, unless instructed otherwise. If shipping is significantly less than expected, I issue a refund. I am not responsible if someone buys an item that you are discussing buying. First to pay takes priority.
Insurance is usually a few dollars but can be more. If you want insurance, please request it when you order.
An occasional complaint is late delivery. Though most items arrive quickly, some are late. Invariably, the item shows up, but not before people worry. My suggestion: If something is late, stay calm. Check the tracking number on your mailing confirmation email at USPS.com.
>>The most common explanation for a "lost" shipment is that someone in your household received it, or possibly a neighbor, and forgot to tell you.
Orders outside the US and Canada may contact me about costs, but posted information is usually reliable.
Customs is the usual cause of delay in international orders. Check your confirmation for customs information, but services vary by country. I have seen customs delays of 4+ weeks.
Reserve requests must be accompanied by a non-refundable 20% downpayment, and the deadline for the customer to complete the transaction will in no case exceed 15 days.
To make a downpayment, request that I make special listing for you, and pay it within 24 hours. If someone else buys the item before you complete payment, your money WILL be refunded promptly. "Promptly" means usually within 12-24 hours, and very rarely, up to 10 days. The longer time limit is generally only exercised when something unusual happens, such as a prolonged power outage or difficulty obtaining a refund destination.
Any change from these policies is at my discretion. I practice courtesy and consideration, so please do the same. Thank you!
Refunds and Exchanges
- I pack with care. Accidents by the post office are resolved between you and the post office, though I will assist if I see the need.
- If you do not request insurance, I may not include it. Insurance is pretty cheap. Feel free to request it. I reserve the right to reimbursement for items over $50.00 or under $10.00.
- Some items are guaranteed and say so. You have the expressed number of days to contact me and arrange return of the item. Upon determination that the item is in as-sold condition, I will refund your purchase price. I regret this does not include any shipping costs on either end, nor transaction fees charged by credit cards or by Etsy.com. Do not mail items to me without my written agreement. Include tracking information with any return.
- Non-guaranteed items are reliably as described. Bring concerns to my attention. Retroactive adjustments are generally not possible and are at my discretion, but I will certainly pay attention to your concerns and consider the matter carefully. Abusive or confrontational requests will be referred to Etsy. Unilateral demands will not be considered.
- Refunds are at my discretion. If you do not engage in a civil discussion of a reason for a refund request or refund amount, I will refer the matter to Etsy.
- Do not be alarmed if a box is ugly on the outside when it arrives: e.g., with lots of tape and maybe even slightly out of normal shape. For some items, it is more critical to pack them safely and have an ugly box than it is to take risks and have a pretty box. Please trust my judgment. Remember that some packaging decisions are made to save you money, AND safely protect your order.
- Sending me your ZIP code prior to a purchase may allow me to adjust shipping costs in your favor. Please feel free--it may not be much, but it helps.
- Do ask questions! Please do not ask me to email you off of Etsy.
- Please do not offer to mail payment in cash or do "off the books" transactions. Thank you.
Additional Policies and FAQs
Use caution if someone wants to do business "off site."
Please contact me via my shop(s) to arrange a meet-up. I have multiple locations in the same neighborhood.
Last Updated March 29, 2015