Announcement Hi, I'm Helen. I make improvisationally sewn body-positive eccentric clothing from new and recycled materials. Petite - plus sizes. See also: secretlentil.com
Hi, I'm Helen. I make improvisationally sewn body-positive eccentric clothing from new and recycled materials. Petite - plus sizes. See also: secretlentil.com
BeadiEyed on May 7, 2015
Great experience and a great garment.
I'm an artist, not a fashion designer. I sculpt clothes ...
Hi, I'm Helen Carter. I'm a friendly freak - a minimalist with a strong absurdist streak who likes to make clothes that explore, blend, cross and possibly desecrate all the lines within those realms. I'm an artist, not a fashion designer. I sculpt clothes.
• ABOUT THE WORK: I like dour things with hidden punchlines. I like outrageously funny things with dark underbellies. I like turning one idea into one dress in one fell swoop, on a good day. I dream that my work could somehow emerge from - and exist outside of - the blip in time where we are stuck together. I love that idea even though I'm not sure exactly what it means. I also enjoy making jokes that no one gets. But mostly: I'm committed to the paradox of making meaningful clothing.
• ABOUT THE PROCESS: I sew intuitively, blending found and new materials to suit my needs. I like deconstructing. I like exposing the process. I like to combine the sturdy with the raw. I embrace wabi sabi, even if that becomes a trendy thing to say. Right now I'm working in small themed batches of maybe a dozen or so pieces at a time, made one at a time in my studio.
• ABOUT YOU: I'm interested in pairing eccentricity with comfort for you. I'm interested in dressing women of all shapes and ages. I'm drawn to those of you who hear "I wish I could get away with that" whispered into your ear on a regular basis. I want to propel you along on your path by helping you look the way you feel. I'm interested in sincere wildness and joining others who are exploring a deep, abiding wild authenticity.
Owner, Maker, Designer
I make these things.
Photographer, Packer And Shipper, Shelf Putter-upper, Ledge Talker-downer
I photograph these things.
You can shop for other (one of a kind) stuff, read my blog, see what happy customers have said, you know - all that good stuff - at SL headquarters:
---> facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Secret.Lentil.Clothing
---> twitter: https://twitter.com/secretlentil
---> pinterest: http://pinterest.com/secretlentil/
---> flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/secretlentil/
That's enough, isn't it?
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
• New York State residents will be charged sales tax. All hail the Empire!
• I ship worldwide, happily! You are responsible for paying any taxes or customs duties that your country adds to shipments.
• Your item/s will arrive handsomely wrapped in 100% recycled paper, with a recycled fabric tie, and locally screen-printed tags.