Announcement Welcome to my Etsy shop. I am a British maker and design and create original stained glass panels, light catchers and mirrors as well as fused glass items. All my work is handcrafted in my Surrey village-based studio (Elstead) and absolutely unique. Every piece is made by me with love and will make individual and interesting gifts. Anything is possible, so if you like a design, but want a different colourway or size, please contact me. Photographs do not capture the beauty of stained glass.
Welcome to my Etsy shop. I am a British maker and design and create original stained glass panels, light catchers and mirrors as well as fused glass items. All my work is handcrafted in my Surrey village-based studio (Elstead) and absolutely unique. Every piece is made by me with love and will make individual and interesting gifts. Anything is possible, so if you like a design, but want a different colourway or size, please contact me. Photographs do not capture the beauty of stained glass.
- All 521
- Fused glass coasters 200
- Glass hearts and animals 67
- Stained glass suncatcher 52
- Stained glass panels 27
- Stained glass crosses 4
- Stained glass mirrors 25
- Stain Glass Garden panel 11
- Glass plates dishes 15
- Glass candle holders 8
- Glass soap dishes 12
- Glass cheese boards 3
- Fused glass magnets 40
- Fused glass panels 9
- Christmas glass 44
- UPcycled bottle, mosaics 4
Carlie Morris on Jul 3, 2016
Absolutely stunning! Just what I wanted, thank you so much!
m ensor on Jun 25, 2016
Really great service, I wanted 2 of the green and grey coasters and 2 red and grey, which Sally made specially for me. The process was really easy and very quick, I ordered on the weekend and received them by the Wednesday. Good quality and perfect colours.
Glass creations in the making
I make stained glass panels intended to be hung in windows - light catchers or sun catchers. I also make stained glass garden panels, panels for doors, and mirror frames. I usually create my own designs. I do everything, from research to the final polish of a finished piece. I have customers from the USA, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany and Denmark, as well as the UK. I also make fused glass items such as glass coasters, soap dishes, and candle holders.
Very occasionally I use a book pattern, particularly for the Christmas ranges, as there are so many great patterns. I always specify if this is the case.
Creating a stained glass panel - the process
1. Research and design a layout - known as a cartoon.
2. Select the glass and cut into the right sizes.
3. Fit the glass pieces together on the cartoon/layout - a bit like a jigsaw. Grind the edges to make it them safe and also to fit the design.
4. Wrap adhesive copper foil around the glass edges. Place at my soldering station on the cartoon/layout. Apply flux to the copper foil, and then join the edges together using solder (mix of lead and tin) and a soldering iron.
5. Clean, apply a patina to the solder if necessary. I tend to use dark grey as it gives the solder a lovely antique look, or leave it silver. I apply carnauba wax to the solder lines and glass, and polish. Gives it a lovely shine as well as protective coating. I sometimes frame the piece using lead came.
6. Finally clean and polish the stained glass panel. Very time consuming, but worth it in the end.
Around the web
Started life as a journalist specialising in in-house magazines for blue chip companies. Left to raise children - kids need a full time mom right - and then found glass. Love working with glass. There is much to learn and I am enjoying the journey.
Every piece is made and designed by me. They are absolutely unique and made with love and care. It pleases me greatly to think that people are gaining pleasure from something I have created. The pieces I make will make individual, interesting gifts. All are sold ready to hang (if appropriate).
I am always interested in commissions, so if you like a piece, but want a different colourway, subject or size, please let me know. I am flexible and keen to help out where I can.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Other Method
I will endeavour to ship products within 48 hours after a sale is completed.
Customs: Please note that buyers are responsible for any and all duties and custom charges that my be incurred.
Packaging: I do recycle packaging materials when sending my items out. If you would specifically like new packaging, please let me know.
Refunds and Exchanges
Additional policies and FAQs
Please note: All pieces are created by hand, so no two pieces are identical. That is the beauty of the product. Please allow for slight variances from what is shown in the made to order photos.