freeburn51 on Apr 14, 2017
This is too awesome for words, one truely remarkable one of a kind piece of art.....will go on my favorite guitar....thanks so much Errol!
Vivi Ca on Feb 19, 2017
P E R F E C T !!!!! Gorgeous design, just sized, quick & beautiful work... It's exactly same than photo and that I wanted. And I'm looking forward to see the aging of the leather. I will use it for a long time in my guitar life. Thanks a lot!
Sun Wizard Creations, since 1974
Errol began his professional artistic life in 1968 after being honorably discharged from the US Navy. He immediately began painting his first series of abstract oil paintings and had his first show in 1969 at a gallery in Del Mar, California. He subsequently attended Grossmont College in El Cajon, CA from September, 1969 until May, 1973 studying art and philosophy. After finishing Grossmont, he joined up with a fellow artist creating centerpiece sand cast candles which they sold at county fairs and art shows. The candle factory was based in Palmdale, CA., about 55 miles north east of Los Angeles.
While attending one show in particular that was held every weekend at a restaurant's open field area in Clairmont, CA, east of Los Angeles, Errol met and subsequently apprenticed with a leather artist who he was always set up across from at the weekend show. Errol decided to quit the candle business and move into the craft of leather. He apprenticed for about six months.
Shortly thereafter, Errol moved north and eventually wound up in a small town called Ben Lomond, ten miles north of the city of Santa Cruz, CA in the Santa Cruz mountains.
At that point he was ready to open his own studio and subsequently found a market place to sell his work as a street artist in San Francisco. As San Francisco sales began to drop after the 1978 season, and after four years of successfully selling his leather artwork at the Embarcadero Plaza in San Francisco, he switched to selling his work around the San Francisco Bay metropolitan area at various art and wine festivals and art shows.
That continued up until 2011 when he finally retired from the show circuit. His worked has been sold in a plethora of art and craft shops around the bay area since the 70's. Currently his work can be found at two gift shops in the Santa Cruz Mountains both at The Henry Cowell State Redwoods Park gift shop and at the Roaring Camp Railroads General Store (an 1800's vintage railroad attraction, roaringcamp.com) as well as on Etsy.
Around the web
Errol G. Specter
Owner, Maker, Designer, Errol
Errol first opened his business in 1974 as the Sunshine Wizard Traveling Show. He is a Renaissance Artist with multi media talents including Leather Art, Abstract Oils, New Age Visionary Music Composer, Photography and he is a Published Author.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Products from SUN WIZARD CREATIONS are shipped from Santa Cruz, California, USA.
SHIPPING TO NORTH AMERICA: Orders being shipped to all locations in North America are shipped via fully insured USPS 2-3 Day Priority Mail unless purchaser specifies otherwise.
ALL INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: Please include your PHONE NUMBER with your order in buyer's notes. All orders are shipped via US Postal Service unless purchaser specifies otherwise. Shipping charges may be adjusted as necessary although this is a rare occasion. Purchaser will be notified if such is the case prior to shipping and will need to certify and agree to changes in shipping fees. Sometimes fees are reduced. Purchaser pays all customs fees. Purchaser also assumes all risks of loss during the shipping process.
Refunds and Exchanges
• I personally inspect every item prior to shipping to be certain there are no defects as I want to be certain that my customers receive a product we can both be proud of. Satisfied customers are of prime importance for that reason. Dissatisfied customers are not good for both spiritual, ethical or for positive business purposes and customer relations.
• RETURN/EXCHANGE/REFUND POLICY:
NORTH AMERICA: • We will accept returns and exchanges under the following circumstances: 1. EXCHANGES: We will make exchanges for another style under the stipulations listed under RETURNS and we will price adjust. 2. RETURNS: We will refund a portion (80%, 20% restocking fee charged against cost of item and shipping charges as etsy fees are charged against both item and shipping charges) of the purchase price after receipt of item from buyer ONLY if product is returned in SAME CONDITION as when shipped so that product can be resold in new condition. In the event there is damage or any wear due to use of any kind, we reserve the right to refuse refund or prorate value (see below). IN THE CASE OF A GUITAR STRAP, it is important that the strap was NOT PLACED ON THE GUITAR as that will void the refund because the holes in the strap will reflect this. We cannot ship a strap to another customer that shows any sign, however slight, of usage.
• Once we have determined that the item is in exactly the same condition as it was when shipped, we will then request a payment from you through PayPal of the 20% restock fee plus shipping charges as Etsy cancellation of an order does not allow for our restocking fees and cost of shipping. We apologize for this inconvenience. Once our charges to you have posted on PayPal as paid, we will cancel the transaction through Etsy and you will receive your refund through etsy.
• If we determine in good faith that the product is no longer a viable product that can be sold as a new product, we will inform the purchaser of this fact and why we have made this determination. The purchaser has the option of having us ship the product back to them at their cost or to have us place the item up for sale as a used item discounted based on either the original cost of the item minus our fees or what we determine the item to be worth based on the damage. Upon sale of the item, we will contact the original purchaser to arrange for transfer of funds via PayPal.
• Purchaser must assume all shipping costs.
• OUTSIDE North America: Unfortunately, we do not accept returns for any shipment to a location outside of North America.
• DAMAGE DURING SHIPPING •
• NORTH AMERICA ONLY: If product was damaged during shipment, purchaser must contact us and USPS immediately to file a claim. We will assist in helping you to file a claim if necessary. We will replace the item with one of equal style, size and quality after the claim has been settled or customer can make arrangements with us directly for quicker shipment if need be depending on circumstances. The item and container will be requested by USPS for proof of damage. IMMEDIATELY TAKE PICTURES OF ANY DAMAGED CONTAINER PRIOR TO OPENING THE CONTAINER.
• OUTSIDE NORTH AMERICA: Unfortunately, we do not accept returns for any shipment to a location outside of North America. If product was damaged during the shipping process, we MUST be notified immediately so that a claim can be filed. TAKE PICTURES OF ANY DAMAGED CONTAINER PRIOR TO OPENING THE CONTAINER. However, there is NO GUARANTEE that the claim will be honored because of international differences in the insurance policy of each countries postal regulations. The purchaser assumes all risk of loss. WE WILL ASSIST to the best of our ability to satisfy the customer's claim.
Additional policies and FAQs
I will accept custom orders with the following stipulation:
The customer must understand that custom orders can be the most difficult projects to complete even with a meeting of the minds regarding all of the elements .... I cannot guarantee that the finished product will be exactly what the client has in mind. Artwork and craft results will differ from what the client has in mind to some degree as there will always be differences between any two individuals as there are always two sides to every story. I will do my best to complete the project to the best of my ability but there is a NO REFUND policy when it comes to special orders with the exception of the refund policy I have in place. The customer assumes all risk of accepting an item or items that are made within the scope of the initial order that was agreed upon. What is in one person's mind will not necessarily be what is in another person's mind and the finished product might reflect that difference. All I can do as an artist and craftsman is do my best to satisfy the customer's desire and/or needs relative to the parameters of what was agreed upon. There is no express guarantee of any satisfaction beyond that.
• WHOLESALE/CONSIGNMENT: Available under certain circumstances and conditions. Please contact us at 831-336-2494. If Voice Mail answers the phone, please SPEAK SLOWLY and be certain to REPEAT YOUR PHONE NUMBER.