SusabellaBrownstein's Shop Policies
Welcome to SusabellaBrownstein's, where we share unique finds from all over the world - exquisitely made items from the Art Deco & Belle Epoque through the Mid-Century & Mod eras.
We love beauty and enjoy sharing what we've collected; if you're searching for that perfect gift, or a particular item, please contact us - we've got an entire cottage full of retro fabulous items not yet listed!
We accept all major credit cards through Direct Checkout and PayPal. You can also use an eCheck or money from your bank account through PayPal (with or without creating a PayPal account). We also accept Etsy Gift Cards.
Immediate payment is required unless you contact us before making your purchase to discuss other arrangements.
:: PAYING IN INSTALLMENTS (LAYAWAY) ::
We offer Layaway payment programs to enable our customers to stay within their budgets AND to purchase something they love; please inquire if interested.
:: LAYAWAY TERMS ::
Once we come to an agreement with you about what amounts you can pay and when, we create a separate listing for each payment, and post in our RESERVED section with the payment dates that you choose. That way you just go through the regular Etsy purchase process on those dates.
1. The process begins with an initial payment to hold your purchase, usually 10%-15% for orders of $1000 and less; orders over $1000 require a down payment of 15%-20%. This and your future payments are considered deposits, only refundable if, after receiving the item, you find your item(s) significantly different than described and ask us to return it within a week of its arrival.
2. Please choose the dates on which you commit to making the payments. If you need help remembering, we can send you a reminder a day or so beforehand.
3. Please use the same payment method for all your installment payments (either PayPal or Etsy's direct checkout). That way there's no confusion about when payments are made or received. PayPal has an eCheck system that links directly to your bank account if you don't want to use a credit or debit card.
4. Please provide your phone number in the comments section of your first payment.
5. If you miss any payments by more than 2 days and 2 reminder emails, we take the item out of reserved status, and it becomes available for purchase by the general public. If someone else does purchase it, we will refund a portion of your payments to you (the total amount paid, less a 15% restocking fee, and up to $5 per installment to cover fees & labor).
6. We will ship upon receipt of the final payment.
:: WEDDING REGISTRY DISCOUNT PROGRAM ::
When you add an item to your Etsy Registry (or other online registries), it is not actually reserved and could be purchased by someone else. We offer you the option of reserving most items in our shop for your registry, provided you commit to purchasing any of the leftover pieces at a discounted price (10% off for purchases up to $450; $15% off anything over that).
~ Items can be reserved for up to 3 months, max
~ Item reservations totaling $500-$999 require a 10% deposit; over $1000 it's 20% down
~ You have up to 10 days after your wedding date to finalize any outstanding purchases, after which we will refund any unused deposits. If no items remain for you to purchase, we will refund your deposit within 7 days.
:: SALES & DISCOUNTS ::
We offer a 10% discount to repeat customers, and of course, courtesy to the trade; Please use the following COUPON CODES during checkout:
* Returning Customers - 10% off with RETURNCUSTOMER10
* Etsy Sellers anytim - 15% off with ETSYSELLER15
For more information on redeeming coupon codes, see:
U.S. Shipments: We use USPS Priority, Standard Post, FedEx, UPS Ground, or Media Mail with delivery confirmation, but our domestic shipping costs are generally estimated for Flat Rate Priority shipping; insurance is included in your price.
International Shipments: We generally use USPS International First Class for packages up to 4lbs [1.81kg] and costing less than $50 - it's cheaper, but offers a Customs number instead of a tracking number; for packages over 4lbs [1.81kg], we usually use USPS Priority International, which offers tracking. Please contact us with your full address for an exact quote.
We love to combine shipping on your purchases; if it costs more to ship your order to you than we estimated, we will cover the difference up to $10. If we miscalculated shipping costs by more than $10, then we will contact you to work out a solution. Alternately, if it costs less, we refund you anything over $2.
Tracking numbers & shipping confirmation will be emailed to you once shipment has been made.
PLEASE NOTE: When using PayPal, we will ship only to PayPal confirmed addresses (usually the same address as on your credit card statements).
Please contact us if your package has not arrived after 5 days of the estimated arrival date in your Shipping Confirmation email.
Refunds and Exchanges
Your satisfaction is very important to us - if you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, please let us know immediately and we'll work something out!
Vintage items are by nature old, and as such, are assumed to be in age-appropriate condition. We strive to describe all defects, flaws, or signs of age in great detail.
Please note: photographed colors will display differently on different computer monitors. If exact color is important to you, please contact us before purchasing for additional photos.
If an item arrives damaged, please save all packing material & the original box, and send us with photos and description of the damage. We will handle any claims with the carrier.
Last Updated October 4, 2015