Announcement We've been slowly accumulating a lot of awesome chairs and MCM furniture since our son was born and are now just getting around to listing it all... we're back haggling a broad swathe through New England's modern cities, estate sales and sunken pirate ships. We select items for your/our enjoyment based on 3 important, arbitrary and ever-changing criteria: (1) is it awesome, (2) did I laugh out loud when I saw it, or (3) is it jello. And if it's jello, we don't buy it.
We've been slowly accumulating a lot of awesome chairs and MCM furniture since our son was born and are now just getting around to listing it all... we're back haggling a broad swathe through New England's modern cities, estate sales and sunken pirate ships. We select items for your/our enjoyment based on 3 important, arbitrary and ever-changing criteria: (1) is it awesome, (2) did I laugh out loud when I saw it, or (3) is it jello. And if it's jello, we don't buy it.
Unique Vintage Items from the East Coast!
Our shop started when we lived in a beautiful loft in downtown Providence, RI. Lots of space led to lots of Herman Miller Eames chairs around the table, at the desk, in the bedrooms... perhaps, in Elisa's opinion, too many.
When we moved to Boston for work, we needed to shed some of our favorite items, including a ton of our beloved Eames shells. We quickly realized however that the hunt for vintage treasures could lead to us having a rotating selection of awesome items in our now much smaller apartment. Each new item we acquire necessitates that we take a current household favorite and send it on to the next person.
As you can tell from our listings and sold items, we still love Eames shells, card catalogs, McCobb furniture, and anything else that looks great and is unique. We hope you like the items as much as we have.
Brian sources most of the items in the shop, combing local auctions, estate sales, yard sales, craigslist postings and secret locations - also assists Lu in packaging / shipping. Can talk himself into purchasing almost anything.
Elisa is the creative force behind the Arb. An interior designer by day, and Arb sourcer, photographer, blurb writer, and voice of reason for purchasing (aka keeping Brian in check) - also assists Lu in packaging / shipping.
Atley is a relentless force... constantly posting blog updates, facebook events, tweets, vines, instagram pics, tumblr memes, and contacting the local newspapers to get the Arb's name out there, he keeps his cool by napping 18 hours a day.
Lu is all about cardboard boxes... small boxes, large boxes, medium boxes, long boxes, wide boxes, weird shaped boxes.... each a cat condo in waiting.
Accepted payment methods
2) SHIPPING: As each item varies in size and weight, we have several shippers that we use including USPS, UPS, FedEx and various freight transporters. For large items, freight shipping is typically required. The price will vary depending upon the carrier, how quick you need the item, and distance from Boston, MA. We can deliver within an hour's drive of Boston, MA for a small fee.
* Note that most smaller items are shipped via USPS Parcel Post or USPS Priority Mail, while the larger items (or more fragile items) are generally shipped via UPS Ground (or in some instances, USPS Priority Mail). If you have a preference, please let us know. Thanks!
3) MULTIPLE ITEMS: We can combine multiple items to reduce your shipping cost. Convo us or email: 2be.arbitrary [!at] gmail.com for more information. You may make your own shipping arrangements but you must contact us prior to purchase.
4) INTERNATIONAL: We're more than happy to ship internationally, feel free to convo us or email: 2be.arbitrary [!at] gmail.com for more information. Please note that your item will be marked as merchandise (typically 2nd hand), with the correct purchase value stated. Please do not ask us to list it as a gift or list a nominal value for the item. Please also note that international purchasers will be responsible for all import/VAT taxes and fees.
Refunds and Exchanges
2) ALL SALES ARE FINAL. No refunds, returns, or exchanges..... but, if it's damaged in transit upon your receipt, let us know and we'll try our best to fix the situation.