Jerica Waguespack on Jan 22, 2017
Treasured Keepsakes For Family Traditions
Whether it is for Christmas, or for that special Wedding Gift, Anniversary Gift or Home Decor for "feathering your own nest", The Burlap Cottage® creates that treasured keepsake for your family traditions.
The Burlap Cottage® began as a creative outlet for me during a particularly difficult season in my life. Over the past 5 years, my ETSY shop has proven to be a great form of expression and a way for me to be at home for my family and son who had been battling a chronic illness. I have learned to find "Joy" and give thanks in all things. It is no accident that "Joy" is my middle name! I am happy to say my son is well and flourishing now which enables me to spend more time creating for my shop.
I strive for my products to be more than Home Decor. My goal is to create beauty and artistry that will become an important part of your special day and family traditions for years to come.
What do I love most about what I do? When I create something that is meaningful to me, which then becomes meaningful to others.
Here is what some of The Burlap Cottage® customers have to say:
- "I completely understand why this is a best seller! BEAUTIFUL tree skirt!" - s
- "Shipping was very timely and the tree skirt is gorgeous. The workmanship is impeccable." - Pamela
- "I love this tree skirt - it was exactly what I was looking for and arrived right away without waiting even though late in the holiday season." - lp
- "The tree skirt is extremely well made. I had trouble finding a larger size and this is perfect. I would highly recommend them to anyone!!" - Joan
If you would like to be notified of new creations, specials and watch the progress of our home renovation, like and follow me here:
***A portion of my sales goes to charity. Thank you for making a difference by shopping at The Burlap Cottage®.
Owner, Designer, Maker
Cutting, sewing and all around amazing helper.
Specializing in personalization
Small Batch Textile Production with a Social Mission
Austin, TX, United States
My production Partner is located in Texas
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Frequently asked questions
Are your Tree Skirts lined?
Tree Skirts are unlined. I use the highest grade (upholstery grade) burlap available that provides a much straighter and tighter weave. Once on the floor under the tree, it is difficult to near impossible to see through the skirt. Lining on burlap shows through the burlap and draws attention to the lining, not the natural beauty of the burlap itself.
For my linen tree skirts, I use 100% heavy weight linen providing a very durable product with a much tighter weave than standard linen you can buy at the fabric store. No lining needed.
Do your Tree Skirts have closures?
Yes, depending on the listing, either hidden velcro or hidden magnetic snaps.
Spot Clean Only. No Dry Cleaning or Laundering. Press with a cloth, direct contact between iron and lettering will ruin the lettering. Store in a cool dry environment. Keep away from heat and direct sunlight.
Please contact me for Wholesale Availability.