Announcement We created the Cat Ball® cat bed and the Cat Canoe®. We use designer cotton fabrics to make washable pet beds that look beautiful in your home. On Instagram @TheCatBall
We created the Cat Ball® cat bed and the Cat Canoe®. We use designer cotton fabrics to make washable pet beds that look beautiful in your home. On Instagram @TheCatBall
- All 62
- Cat Ball cat bed 20
- Cat Canoe cat bed 15
- Jumbo Cat Bed 2
- Matching Cat Bed Sets 3
- One Of A Kind Cat Bed 3
- Green Cat Beds 1
- Cat Toys 1
- Sale Cat Beds 3
- Christmas cat bed styles 1
- Jungalow Style Cat Bed 2
- Funny Pet Beds 6
- Neutral Color Cat Beds 2
- Navy Blue Cat Beds 2
- Floral Fabric Cat Beds 1
Laura on Feb 17, 2017
My cats love this cat ball more than they love me.
Diane Petraccoro on Feb 16, 2017
My 4th purchase of a specific Cat Ball, this Paisley purple one is for my feline named Paisley. However my 3 additional cats can't stay away from it either. If you don't already own a Cat Ball you need to change that! I can't recommend their products enough
pamreggie on Feb 12, 2017
Love the fabrics on this cat bed. I bought a Cat Ball several years ago and my cat still uses it on a regular basis. I have noticed that she uses it a lot when she is not feeling well.
Designed for Cats, Styled for People
When working in costume design you get asked to make some peculiar things, for example, a giant ball costume that a person could get inside. My client asked me for three of these giant balls, and I had to figure out how to make them!
I made a small ball prototype before making the human sized costumes. Shortly after this I got kittens, and then had the eureka moment to turn this prototype into a cat bed. The kittens absolutely loved it, and I had created an original cat bed, which I called the Cat Ball® cat bed.
My Cat Ball® cat bed and Cat Canoe® cat bed are made with a thick, high density foam that maintains the unique shape of the beds while also allowing your kitty to curl up in any position. They can even smash the Cat Ball® and sleep on top of it, and you can press the bed back into shape. The shape and properties are entirely from the pattern I created and the materials I use: there is no internal wire or framework.
I worked to develop lovely finishing details for our beds, and finish the seamswith bias tape for a tailored look. These cat beds are fully lined, washable, warm, cozy, and cats will also use them as a play space. Currently most of the fabrics we use are 100% cotton quilting prints.
The Cat Ball® cat bed and the Cat Canoe® are labor intensive to make, requiring specialty materials and equipment. Our business has grown and to keep up with demand, we now have help cutting and sewing our products. I continue to work at The Cat Ball World Headquarters, where I design new products, make samples and prototypes, and occasionally do custom work. I have four industrial sewing machines, an army of cutting tools, many pounds of thread, and a large, cork covered pattern making table.
Everything I do is loud, messy and for the love of cats.
Sign up for our email newsletter here, because we have great cat photos:
The Cat Ball® cat bed - Your cat will figure it out.®
The Cat Ball®, Cat Canoe®, and Cat Ball® logo are registered trademarks.
Retro is a good-natured guy, but nobody really understands him. His hobbies are naps, string, and rodents. Retro is half Angora, half Siamese. His color is called "lynx point".
Tink is new to the crew, and is still learning how to be a Siamese Supermodel. She loves the laser pointer more than anything else, but has also demonstrated superb lap-sitting skills. Tink wears a very cute pair of puffy pants.
Twix has this incredible long, strong powerful tail that can drag your coffee cup right off of the table. He can be found sitting wherever he wants, and he really doesn't like to be photographed.
Owner, Designer, Pattern Maker
I am a designer and pattern maker, and have the ability to create the designs that I dream up.
This is a full service cut and sew shop.
Woodinville, WA, United States
This is a full service cut and sew shop.
Your cat will figure it out.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Money Order
- Other Method
* I can arrange for direct credit card payments via phone or invoice (avoiding Etsy direct checkout)
* I can accept checks.
* I can make arrangements for local buyers.
Using a coupon code? Not sure how to input that information?
Check this link: http://www.etsy.com/help/article/350
I use Priority Mail, First Class Mail, Parcel Post, International First Class Parcel and FedEx.
Multiple Item Purchase:
I generally ship the least expensive way, and most shipments are via USPS Priority Mail. The Cat Canoe® usually ships First Class.
I can make arrangements for local pickup, saving you the shipping cost.
Please contact me.
- I ship the least expensive, and slowest, method unless you request otherwise.
- The shipping transit time is generally two week to four weeks.
- You are responsible for custom taxes, as I do not know these laws and procedures for every country.
- I will not ship catnip toys internationally.
- You are welcome to contact me with questions about shipping and shipping rates. If you want to buy more than one cat bed I will take the time to see if I can reduce the shipping cost.
Refunds and Exchanges
Additional policies and FAQs
- My cat beds are washable; please follow my washing guidelines, as I have carefully tested to develop the best methods.
- Rabbits? I do not recommend my product for rabbits. They like to dig holes.
- I do not offer patterns for DIY sewing.
Frequently asked questions
Custom and personalized orders
Yes. we can do custom work.
* Do not bleach
* OK turn it inside out before washing
* Remove as much hair as possible before
* Use cold water (so fabric does not over shrink)
* Tumble dry on low. A hotter setting will shrink fabrics
* Did your Cat Ball® cat bed arrive all wrinkled up? Spray it with a water bottle and toss it in the dryer on low
We sell wholesale to qualified buyers, and can provide a line sheet on request.
Can other animals use these cat beds?
Sure! Pets to about 18 - 19 pounds fit our standard size beds. Some dogs love our beds. We do not recommend this product for rabbits.
Will my cat fit?
Probably! Cats love small spaces.
* Our mini Cat Ball® cat bed was developed for pets to about 9 pounds, but we've seen larger cats using it.
* Our standard size beds were created for pets to about 18 - 19 pounds, but we have seen larger animals (and multiple animals) in it.
* Our jumbo size Cat Canoe® was created for multiple pets or pets over 18 - 19 pounds.