CuriousCaseGifts is taking a short break
Note from shop owner
P on Jan 23, 20215 out of 5 stars
I loveeeee my tag, fits my personality well and every time I read it I smile. ;)
Olivia on Dec 27, 20205 out of 5 stars
Very sturdy and great tags. Easy to read. Used for international travel and they were not damaged at all.
miss on Dec 21, 20205 out of 5 stars
PERFECT! Arrived quick and they are adorable. Sturdy, bright colors. Thanks.
Evan on Dec 1, 20205 out of 5 stars
So cute and well done!!
Katrina on Dec 1, 20205 out of 5 stars
Very good quality. The metal connector very sturdy.
ctax2 on Nov 27, 20205 out of 5 stars
These are my third purchase from this seller and I have never been disappointed. I have bought various luggage tags including ramen noodle , eye shadow, and pop tarts over the past few years. The recipients have loved them. Quick response, quick delivery and a sticker, which is a thoughtful touch.
Fran on Nov 17, 20205 out of 5 stars
Love it! Won’t miss this on my luggage! Fast shipping!
Fran on Nov 17, 20205 out of 5 stars
Perfect! Fast shipping!
Nadine on Nov 16, 20205 out of 5 stars
Awesome! Arrived in a timely fashion
Jerri on Nov 12, 20205 out of 5 stars
These tags turned out beautiful. Giving out some as gifts to my traveling friends. They are made well! Absolutely love them.
Gifts that Travel the World
Owner, Maker, Designer, Curator, Do Everything Er :)
Sherry the face behind The Curious Case and CbSew. My love for all thing geek made me and my shop what it is today with a little help from the ever-so- geeky Husband, of course :)
Shipper And Ever Geeky Inspiration
A Big THANK YOU to my husband Jim, My every ready package delivery guy! A million trips to the post office never dulls his smile
Accepted payment methods
Returns & exchanges
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, mailing address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
How Long I Store Your Information
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Sherry Quilty, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at sherry [!at] thecuriouscase.net
Frequently asked questions
What is Dye Sublimation?
Dye Sublimation, is the method of applying an image to specially coated ceramics, metals and polyester cloth, using three main ingredients: specialty sublimation inks and printers, high heat and pressure.
Sublimation ink is unique in its ability to convert from a solid to a gas without going through a liquid form. The conversion is initiated by heat, controlled with pressure and time. Hard items such as ceramic, fiber board, metals and plastics require a special coating to accept the sublimation inks
So How are your items Handmade?
Each and every item is created, designed, printed and dye sublimated by me in house. An individual product typically takes 6-12 steps to make not including design, cleaning and packaging. As a artist paints with a blank canvas my canvas is a blank cell phone case, business card case, light switch cover, coaster, luggage tag... My art ( graphic design) is printed then applied by dye sublimation, assembled and packaged ready to ship off to my customers all by my hands. My items fall well within the Etsy guidelines for handmade and hand produced items. None of my items are printed through 3rd parties and are not outside manufactured. I handle, assemble, design, print and package every single item.
Currently I'm not offering wholesale at this time, but feel free to contact me if you're looking for a larger qty as I do offer small discounts on qty purchases.
Reviews, Blogs, Giveaways, Donations:
I am currently not offering any free products for giveaways or reviews at this time, I do get these requests several times a week and I'm just unable to offer product at this time.
How are your luggage tags made? Don't you just push print?
Each of my luggage tag takes a minimum of 8 individual steps not including cleaning and packaging. Setup and Printing your info is just one step. Each tag goes through multiple steps after setup including multi step image placement by hand and heat sublimation, I handle each tag about a dozen times before it gets to you (10 tags takes 80-120 steps!) Though I can't give you my exact process, that I've fine tuned over many years, there is much more to my luggage tag creation process other than machinery.