- All 128
- Ready to Ship 2
- Baby & Child Memorials 42
- Rainbow Baby Sculptures 11
- Adult Memorials 5
- Babywearing Sculptures 7
- Family Sculptures 13
- Love Sculptures 10
- Mermaids 11
- Grief / Healing Sculpts 7
- Animals and Acorns 10
- Ornaments 7
- Gift Boxes 2
eazysvixen1 on Jul 23, 2016
alg027 on Jul 20, 2016
A Real Job
As a child, whenever someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I'd say "I'm going to be an artist." So often the response was "Everyone is already an artist. I mean what do you want to do for a REAL job when you grow up?"
Guess what happened? I grew up, got a corporate job fresh out of college and I was managing at a large company by 22 years old. I did that for almost 8 years and gained wonderful experience but not the life joy I was looking for. Joy in your work is so important. I didn't have that working under florescent lighting and constant white noise.
In 2008 I opened The Midnight Orange and in 2011 my business had grown so much that I couldn't keep up with it while working my regular full time job. I took the very brave leap of faith and left my corporate job to pursue my dream as a full time artist. The job no one thought was real when I was a little girl became my very real, very fulfilling, very stable career. Here we are in 2015 and I am so completely humbled and privileged to be here doing what I'm doing. I am thrilled to be living my dream and teaching my two young daughters that working hard and having passion can make dreams come true.
I am passionate about sculpting and the subject matters that I sculpt. I want my artwork to touch everything life touches and for my sculptures to help us tell our life journeys in clay. My hope is that that is what you feel you've found at The Midnight Orange.
I sculpt child angels in honor of my childhood friend Christopher who left much, much too soon when we were just 8 years old. You can read his story here: http://themidnightorange.blogspot.com/2010/04/why-i-sculpt-child-angels.html
Through clay my aim is to touch all of life's journeys, from very bright to very raw.
Meet my beautiful Thomas. My fiance and life partner, Tom helps me at home with parts of my process that don't require sculpting. Tom often prepares my clay for me, cuts out butterfly wings, and helps me with packaging from time to time.
Meet Miss Abby! Abby helps me with glazing, photography, and also helps with packaging from time to time.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
★How long will my order take to make and receive?
- Since I work in volume, I have a creation period that allows me to work through my pending sales in the order they are received. My creation period is viewable on the Shipping Tab in every one of my item listings. When I package an order I send an email to you notifying your order is on the way, and including tracking in most countries. Shipping time will vary based on what country you live in.
★I already placed an order, when will I receive it?
- You can view your shipping date listed on your invoice. To access your invoice, go to the top right of your screen under Your Account, and then choose Purchases. You will see your order there and you can click on it to open up your invoice and review details.
★Do you ship to my country?
- Yes I do, no matter where you are. Every week I ship packages out all over the world, and love having the opportunity to send a little piece of The Midnight Orange out into the big wide world. To see how much shipping costs to your country, just click on the Shipping tab within any listing and you will see the prices listed there.
★I am giving this as a gift, can you ship to my recipient?
- I do this all the time and am touched to do so on your behalf. If I am shipping to your recipient please enter **their** address in the Ship To during check out. Not to worry, your receipt is not included in the package.
Refunds and Exchanges
Should an item ever arrive damaged, please contact me and I will help you and ensure that your experience brings you both satisfaction and a beautiful, in tact product. Shipping maladies are few and far between but if the issue should present itself, you know where to find me. :)
Additional policies and FAQs