Announcement Nose jewelry, nose studs, nose rings, nose screws, nose hoops. Fine jewelry for your nose, all individually hand crafted. Gold.Silver.Platinum.Canadian Diamonds.Gemstones
Nose jewelry, nose studs, nose rings, nose screws, nose hoops. Fine jewelry for your nose, all individually hand crafted. Gold.Silver.Platinum.Canadian Diamonds.Gemstones
kimmartin857 on Aug 23, 2016
So beautiful and stunning Adele! It was shipped super fast and arrived fast also! Thank u for always making such quality nose studs! Perfection like always !Such gorgeous green stones sparkles and shines so beautifully in the sunlight!Thanks Adele wi be purchasing many more! Your the greatest nose stud artist !
kimmartin857 on Aug 19, 2016
Absolutely stunning and beautiful Adele! You are so right it is beautiful in sterling silver! Great customer service abd Adele you are so amazing to work with! Fast shipping and quick to arrive also! Will be buying a lot more from this shop! Thank u ADELE!
Megan Aslan on Aug 17, 2016
Fine jewelry for your nose by TheNozeJob on Etsy
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
1) PAYMENT: through PayPal or direct credit card payment at checkout
2) CANCELLATION POLICY:
a) NO CANCELLATIONS AFTER 24 HOURS FROM TIME OF PURCHASE!!! Please write immediately after ordering if there's a problem with your order and/or you have to cancel.
b) NO CANCELLATION OF "CUSTOM ORDERS" IN WHICH I HAVE ORDERED SPECIAL METALS AND/OR GEM MATERIAL SPECIFICALLY FOR THE ORDER!
3) CUSTOM ORDER LISTINGS ARE ONLY LEFT UP FOR 24 HOURS...
I'm always delighted to make Custom Orders for clients... but I only leave those listings up for a 24 hour period. I know that sometimes it takes customers a little time to make their purchase but, if their listing is left up longer than 24 hours, it begins to appear as if they no longer want the item/s and that looks bad in the shop and you'd be surprised at just how many other folks look at those Custom Order listings. After 24 hours, I simply "deactivate" the person's Custom Order listing until they let me know that they're ready to go ahead with their purchase, as it only takes me a second to reactivate the listing again.
BC RESIDENTS MUST PAY PROV. TAXES & GST.
*DUTIES & EXCISE TAXES*
CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY/ALL IMPORT DUTIES
1) SHIPPING TIMES (time from receiving your order to shipping it) CAN VARY FROM LISTING TO LISTING AND SHIPPING TIME IS NOTED IN EVERY LISTING LOCATED TOWARDS THE BOTTOM OF THE LISTING RIGHT UNDER "SHIPS FROM CANADA"... PLEASE SEE SHIPPING TIME FOR YOUR LISTING! Shipping dates are noted in each listing; most listings have a 2-week shipping time frame but take longer if I have to order gems/parts in and I do stock "ready to ship" items that ship the following day.
2) Outside of "Ready To Ship" items (premade/ship immediately), most 14K gold items and certain gemstones may take longer a little longer if I have to order them in.
3) If the end of your shipping period falls on a weekend, I will ship your item the following business day.
4) If my work load allows for it, your item "may" ship earlier than specified shipping date noted on your order... I always try to get orders out as fast as I possibly can.
SHIPPING METHODS & DELIVERY ESTIMATES:
1) I DO "NOT" SHIP ON WEEKENDS, as nothing leaves the PO on weekends even though you can drop things off. If your scheduled shipping date (noted in each listing and on your invoice if you've purchased something) falls on a weekend or a stat holiday, I will ship on the next BUSINESS day that the PO is open.
2) RATES TO USA:
a) TRACKED PACKET: I use Canada Post's 'Tracked Packet" for all USA shipments on orders under $100... this method has tracking * $100 maximum insurance coverage!!!
b) EXPEDITED PARCEL: I use Canada post's "Expedited Parcel" on orders over $100... it includes tracking & unlimited insurance coverage depending on the contents so I send expensive orders this way, as I can fully insure contents.
c) XPRESSPOST: I offer this shipping upgrade for those who want a 3 - 5 business day delivery window. (Please be aware that the guarantee becomes null and void if a delivery is delayed for longer than 3 days due to a US Customs inspection.)
3) SHIPPING RATE TO CANADA:
I use regular Air Mail rate for Canadian packages: it includes tracking and full contents (retail value) insurance.
4) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES: international packages have NO tracking or insurance! I can ship with both but it's expensive and rates vary by country... please convo me for a rate quote if you're interested in that method.
5) DELIVERY TIMES... THESE ARE "APPROXIMATIONS" ONLY:
USA: 7 - 12 business*** days
Canada: 5 - 7 business*** days
International: 14+ business*** days - varies by country & VERY hard to estimate
***Business days*** means Monday thru Friday so does NOT including weekends or satuatory holidays. If your shipping date falls on a weekend or a stat holiday then I will ship next business day.
6) CUSTOMS & DUTY:
By law, I must declare the content of packages at full value! Therefore I can’t alter the contents or price shown on the Customs Declaration in an attempt to decrease international custom fees so please don't ask me to do this for you, as I simply cannot because it's illegal for me to do so!
Your order may be subject to excise fees and taxes, which can be levied once a shipment reaches your country if your package is inspected (not all are). The general amount for the duties and taxes fee is roughly 20% of the dollar amount of the merchandise, however, this is only a general guideline and may vary depending on your country. I can neither control nor be responsible for any duties/taxes your incur do you’ll solely be will be responsible for paying any and all additional charges incurred. On rare occasions there might be a delay in delivery if your package is held by Customs for inspection but it’s usually only two of three days additional from what customers tell me.
7) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING INFO & RESTRICTIONS:
I am NOT responsible for paying any taxes, tariffs or duties levied by your country nor am I responsible for any Customs restrictions in your country and/or other regulations that apply to gem material contained in your order! The customer is wholly responsible for all these things and I encourage you to speak with the Customs officials in your country if you have any questions before you place your order. Do not order gems that are illegal to import into your country... import laws vary from country to country and it's the customer's responsibility to check with their Customs office to see if their country permits the import of certain gem material. If for any reason the package is seized by the Customs in your country, it is NOT my fault and I will NOT issue you a refund... knowing the Customs rules of your country is solely your responsibility and not mine so it's a "buyer beware" situation.
Refunds and Exchanges
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING & SHOP VERY CAREFULLY... AND PLEASE MAKE SURE THE GUAGE YOU ORDER IS THE RIGHT SIZE FOR YOU!!!!
#1) BY LAW WHERE I LIVE, THERE ARE ***NO*** RETURNS ON BODY JEWELRY ~ NO EXCEPTIONS, PLEASE DON'T ASK FOR ONE! This is industry standard policy and law in BC along with most other countries and it's to protect consumer health... this is the same policy in returning body jewelry to retails stores, it is not allowed. Make sure the gauge you order is the right size!
#2) CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS:
REGULAR LISTINGS: cancellations allowed within 24 hours of purchase
CUSTOM LISTINGS: NO cancellations on "custom listings" after 24 hours from ordering if I have ordered in specific parts and/or gem stones.
#2) STEM GAUGE IS ALWAYS 19GA (unless otherwise noted in a listing) AND SHAFT LENGTH (straight part of the stem behind head) IS ALWAYS the industry standard of 6mm.
#3) I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR BREAKAGE OCCURRING FROM A CUSTOMER TAMPERING WITH THEIR NOZE JEWEL IN AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AFTER THEY HAVE RECEOVED THEIR ORDER! I HAVE HAD THIS HAPPEN! SILVER HARDENS AS IT'S MANIPULATED (CALLED WORK HARDENING)... THIS HAS ALREADY OCCURED WHILE I've MADE YOUR ITEM SO BREAKAGE CAN OCCUR IF A CUSTOMER FIDDLES AROUND TOO MUCH!!! Before trying to make adjustments yourself, please contact me and either send it back for me to make the adjustment for you or else take it to a jeweler near you for minor tweaking, they should not charge much.
#4) I offer a 100% guarantee against any defect in craftsmanship (NOT from breakage arising from a customer bending/adjusting the metal - pls see #3 directly above this) for a 90 day period after purchase. Any problems in an item's creation will happen within that time frame if it's going to. If you have a problem with your piece arising from it's fabrication (creation), or feel that you do... please contact me immediately. The following protocol will be used...
a.) In the event of unforeseeable and very limited circumstances, there will be NO refunds and an EXCHANGE ONLY FOR THE IDENTICAL ITEM! At my discretion, I will either repair the item or else exchange it for the identical item meaning I will not exchange for another item, NO exceptions will be made.
b.) You must contact me by email within seven (7) days of receiving your order if there's a problem... please do ***NOT ship the item back to me*** until I have responded to your email or else I will not accept your return.
c.) I must received the defective item back within thirty (45) days of the original sale date or I will not exchange your item.
d.) BUYER PAYS RETURN SHIPPING FEE... sorry, no exceptions. Your original shipping & handling fees will not be refunded. Returned packages must have full content insurance and tracking.
e.) Please returned items in their original packaging tin so they are protected and so I can reuse it when shipping back to you.
g.) I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ITEMS SHIPPED BACK TO ME UNTIL I HAVE THEM IN MY POSSESSION... they are the Post Office's responsibility when in transit and I only become responsible for the item once I have received it and only until I mail it back to you... the minute I ship it back, it becomes solely the responsibiity of the Post Office and therefore you.
#5) SHAFT & TAIL ADJUSTMENTS ARE DONE AT NO CHARGE:
If your shaft of tail needs adjusting, I'm more than happy and willing to do this for you at no charge but...
a) You must ship back in original tin container and shipping must have both tracking and full content insurance.
b) You are responsible for shipping costs back to me and also for the return shipping back to you (which I'll invoice you for through PayPal before shipping your item back to you).
Additional policies and FAQs
VERY IMPORTANT NOTES:
***IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU DO "NOT" WEAR STERLING,SILVER, FINE SILVER OR ARGENTIUM STERLING (GOLD & PLATINUM ARE FINE) IN A PIERCING THAT IS LESS THAN 6 MONTHS OLD.***
Placing Silver in a new piercing with fragile, newly formed scar tissue can "sometimes", on VERY RARE OCCASSIONS, result in staining in and/or around the piercing. There is some debate over the truth of this but I feel I must put it out there! While it's extremely rare, please be aware there's some conversation that it possibly could happen... and even more rare is chatter that it might cause a permanent stain. Older piercings will most likely never stain if PROPER hygiene (read below) is followed but that is NOT a 100% guarantee so be forewarned! I have warned you so I am NOT responsible if any staining and/or /discoloration occurs from one of my items if it occurs.
DISCOLORATION AROUND PIERCING: What you "might" experience, given the right chemical circumstances, is a little grey marking on skin from residual tarnish on your stud rubbing off in and/or around your piercing... this is oxidative residue and is NOT permanent in any manner and it easily washes off!!! This is completely normal and sometimes can even happen with 18K gold... I have two 18K rings and, on rare occasions, I will have a slightly grey mark left underneath them after wearing them for a few hours.
1) ALL Sterling, Argentium and Fine Silver will oxidize (tarnish), this is the nature of Silver and it is NOT the fault of the material of a problem with craftsmanship; I buy all my metals from a supplier to the professional industry!!! Tarnished silver can sometimes turn black, grey or greenish... this oxidative residue can sometimes rub off on the skin in and around nasal piercings... while not attractive, it is just the nature of the material and even 18K gold will oxidizes and leaves marks at times, as the same alloys are used in silver are used in gold. The warm, moist environment of a nasal piercing is the perfect situation for oxidization to happen (more in #2 below on this), especially combined with facial products. Please be aware that I am NOT responsible for this natural occurrence, as it is a result of the silver reacting to something in the environment and not due to it’s manufacture. Wearing your nose jewelry non-stop and without a "rest period" at some point during the day or night when you take out your jewelry to allow the skin and piercing to dry and breath also has the potential to create this problem... please consider yourself to be warned. If you're worried about oxidization, one can buy a paint on protector used on pierced earrings for people with nickel allergies... it can be found in the pierced earring section in retail and drug stores and online.
2) DO NOT LEAVE YOUR NOSE JEWELRY IN 24/7/365... YOUR SKIN UNDERNEATH YOUR NOSE JEWELRY MUST BREATHE!!!
All nose jewelry should be taken out at some point during the day (overnight is best), as this allows the skin underneath the jewelry and in the piercing channel itself to dry and to breathe... this is MOST important!!! Nasal piercings are dark, warm moist environments and totally perfect incubators for bacterial growth and it is known to happen! Leaving your jewelry in 24/7/365 creates a perfect set of conditions for serious infection to take place so, please, treat your piercing with respect and allow it to breath in order for it to remain healthy.
3) TARNISH INFO & JEWELRY CARE:
ALL forms of Silver WILL tarnish... even the Fine Silver I use in bezels, 99.9% pure silver, will tarnish! Sterling Silver is composed of .925% of pure silver and 0.75% of other metals to make an alloy we call Sterling. Tarnish is the result of a process called oxidization which is formed when pollutants in the environment or acids in skin oils found in/around a nasal piercing (combined with the warm, moist environment of the piercing itself accelerating it) contact the alloys in the Sterling. A well known tarnish-causing culprit is chlorine found in tap water and swimming pools so it is NOT advisable or recommended to wear your silver jewelry when bathing, showering or swimming!!! I use a highly tarnish resistant form of Sterling called Argentium Sterling which was developed fairly recently... Argentium contains 93.0% of pure silver and the remaining 7.0% is formed with less copper than .925 Sterling plus the addition of Ganadium which helps to prevent tarnish... but it still tarnishes!!! I use Fine Silver (99.9% pure silver) for bezels when I can and, while they are slightly more tarnish resistant, they also will tarnish, for such is the nature of Silver.
Tarnish can easily be removed with either commercial silver cleaner purchased at jewelry counters, drug stores, etc., or else with the homemade cleaner noted below. While most commercial cleaners are safe for gemstones, please be VERY careful with pearls, as their luster can be harmed by some cleaners so carefully read ALL directions on the container before placing your pearls in them! The following recipe is safe for Sterling, Argentium, gold, silver, brass, copper and bronze; I have also cleaned jewelry containing pearls with it but please do be careful for those items.
OXIDIZED (ANTIQUED) JEWELRY FINISH: Please be aware that ALL applied antiquing (oxidization) will wear off over time, as it cannot be made permanent.
SIMPLE & EFFECTIVE HOMEMADE CLEANING SOLUTION:
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp washing soda (NOT baking soda)
1 Tbsp dish detergent
1 c hot water
1. Cut a piece of aluminum foil to roughly cover the bottom of a small, glass bowl.
2. Add water to bowl (do NOT add the foil just yet) and heat in the microwave until hot but NOT boiling.
3. Into the bowl place foil and add salt, baking soda and dish detergent.
4. Place your jewelry on top of the foil and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes... jewelry MUST be in contact with foil!
4. Rinse in cool water and dry completely with soft cloth.
5. Discard solution after use, as it will no longer work.
This can be used to clean Karat Gold, Platinum, Palladium, Fine Silver (.999), Sterling Silver (.925) and Argentium Sterling (.930), brass, copper, gold-filled wire and German (nickel) silver. You can clean pearls using this method but be very careful because pearls can easily be damaged (affecting their luster)! If pieces are heavily tarnished, you may have to repeat process by first soaking items and then cleaning them with a soft toothbrush, rinse and soak again for an additional few minutes and rinse thoroughly and dry.
HOW TO INSERT "U" STEMS:
First of all, there's a learning curve when you first start changing out your nose jewelry after you get your piercing, so just hang in there and be patient, as it's easy least once you get the hang of it! 😊 Inserting a U stem is not hard once you know the trick! Each piercing has a "sweet spot" where, one discovered, the U will slip in with just a little push and gentle twist... but the trick is in "finding" that sweet spot! lol The trick is in discovering what angle is best for holding the stud to insert it for YOUR nose, as it's slightly different (within the same area) for each individual nose because piercing angle and anatomy are a tad different for everyone.
Here's how to do it:
1) Place the tip of the U on your nose just inside the piercing opening.
2) The end tip (open end of U) should be pointing towards your eyebrows and the bottom of the U (where it connects with the shaft and gem) should be pointing down towards your mouth
2) GENTLY "feed" the U in until you thinks it's in far enough to have cleared the inside opening of your piercing channel so that the tip is just peeking through into the inside of your nostril
Now this is where the "sweet spot" comes into play...
3) Align the gem with the end of your nose (keeping the stem inside your nostril)...
4) Using a GENTLE corkscrew (twisting while turning) motion... slightly push WHILE GENTLY TWISTING and try feeding the U through your piercing...do NOT force it, this should be a smooth operation!
5) If you're having difficulty trying to insert it, slightly adjust the angle of the shaft/head both towards your mouth of towards your eyebrows until it slips in... this is how you find your "sweet spot"
6) The instant you you're at the perfect spot for insertion, the stud will slip in like a hot knife through soft butter!
7) Once it's inserted, just give it a final tiny little push until you see the shaft disappear totally inside your piercing and the gem is sitting against your nostril skin.
LISTING PICTURES: Except for Ready To Ship listing which included pics of the item for sale, the rest of my listings feature pics that are REPRESENTATIONAL ONLY because these are custom crafted items and are of pieces already sold... that being said, I absolutely guarantee that the gem you’ll receive will be equal or greater value/quality to the one shown in the listings!
MY METALS & GEM MATERIALS... I endeavor to offer as many rare and hard to find stones for my discerning customers as I can and constantly search for these unique gem material. I use ONLY top grade, earth-mined gem materials as found in nature other than Moissanite which is more costly than some diamonds; I use no CZs, lab-created or synthetic gems. I work only in "precious metals" meaning, pure 14K/18K/22K gold, Platinum and several forms of Silver (Sterling, Argentium Sterling, Fine Silver, Palladium Silver); I do not use gold-fill or base metals at all. My default stem is U/left piercing/19ga Argentium/6mm shaft.
SETTINGS: All my items including the settings are fabricated by my hand at my workbench using traditional metalsmithing techniques garnered from over 30 years of experience. I do NOT "glue" gems into their setting EVER... but I do place a less than hair thin bead of special sealant between the gem and the edge of the bezel in order that dirt, pollutants and skins oils and acids do not sneak under the tight fitting bezels to work their way down and under the stone (which happens by capillary action in all bezel setting) marring shine and beauty! You cannot see this tiny seal because it’s less than half a human hair in thickness; in NO WAY does it secure the gem, as that’s the job of the bezel or claws! I can make "most" of my Silver listings in 14K or 18K gold and some I can render in 22K or Platinum although there are some exceptions with the last two so please convo me if you have a request or idea that you’d like a quote on.
PLEASE SHOP CAREFULLY... AND PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE LISTING BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR PURCHASE!!!
A NOTE ON GEM COLOR: Gems of the same type vary in color by nature and their color is also highly influenced by the type of light it's observed under so incandescent and florescent light, sunlight and clouds will each produce a different tone or shade of color in the same gem! Top quality flawless Moonstone WILL appear completely colorless from some angles but I 100% a good flash in each and every Moonstone I set because I will not set stones that aren’t up to my standards. Computer screens vary in the way they show the same color so a listing may appear may or may not appear slightly different in shade or tone on your screen and in real life but I try my level best to ensure that the pics in each listing I put up matches the exact color of the gem as it appears to my eye.
MY GUARANTEE: I solidly stand behind my craftsmanship and offer a 100% guarantee against defects in fabrication within the first 90 days after you receive it; please see my Policy section for more info. I will either exchange or replace the item due to a defect in fabrication (my choice of what to do) but I do not offer refunds.
PROBLEMS: If you have a problem with an item you've purchased from me, please contact me BEFORE leaving negative feedback and lets work things out to your satisfaction! I pride myself on my customer service and strive for happy, well satisfied customers so I always bend over backwards to ensure that happens.