TheSilverCrucible's Shop Policies
"It is the function of art to renew our perceptions."
PAYPAL is the preferred method of payment, as it accommodates almost every other method of payment.
If however, a buyer would prefer to pay by check or money order, and suffer the inconvenience of the delay of mailing it to me, and my waiting for the check to clear before I can mail the piece, e-mail me and we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Perhaps it's the artist in me, but I DO NOT CHARGE SALES TAX on my pieces, and on some of the pricier items, SHIPPING IS FREE (AND ALWAYS INSURED)!
Pieces usually ship the day after payment is received, but may sometimes go out the SAME DAY! (I pride myself on speedy shipment, because I hate waiting myself!)
I prefer to ship via PRIORITY MAIL FLAT RATE BOXES, which I've found are the best combination of economical and speedy, and the boxes are very sturdy, which is good when shipping particularly valuable items. I ALWAYS INSURE the pieces I send and can provide a TRACKING NUMBER if requested.
If anyone would like an item shipped by FEDERAL EXPRESS, please contact me, and I will let you know how much more $ shipping will cost.
Refunds and Exchanges
Each piece undergoes a thorough preparation and inspection process prior to being shipped, and is packed for maximum protection and safe transport, as well as being insured for safe shipment. If it does not arrive, or arrives in a damaged condition, The Silver Crucible must be notified within 1 day of confirmed delivery, so that arrangements may be made to invoke the postal insurance and return the damaged item. If NOT notified of any damage within 1 day of confirmed receipt of delivery of the item, The Silver Crucible will act under the presumption that the piece was received in undamaged condition.
In the event that a piece never arrives, and is verified by the USPS, a REFUND is definitely in order, and will be processed simultaneously with the invocation of the postal insurance.
REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GIVEN for items damaged AFTER DELIVERY to the customer.
IN THE CASE OF ILL-FITTING ITEMS, The Silver Crucible's policy is to happily provide specified adjustments with regards to correcting the fit/size FREE OF CHARGE, but SHIPPING to The Silver Crucible, and RETURN SHIPPING to the customer, must be paid by the customer at the regular USPS rates. To avoid sizing/fit issues, The Silver Crucible recommends providing any pertinent information on purchaser's sizes to The Silver Crucible PRIOR TO SHIPMENT.
If the customer suffers from any form of BUYER'S REMORSE after receiving the item (i.e. is displeased with the piece for any aesthetic or financial reasons), and wishes to return the item to the seller, there will be a restocking fee equal to 25% of the final purchase price of the item. The remaining 75% OF THE FINAL PURCHASE PRICE WILL BE REFUNDED to the buyer upon receipt of the item by The Silver Crucible in intact and undamaged condition. In the event that the returned item is not intact and undamaged when returned to and received by The Silver Crucible, additional fees will be levied against the pending 75% refund in the amount of the cost of the repairs necessary to make the returned item whole and salable.
EXCHANGES are acceptable, provided that the customer notify The Silver Crucible of their wish to exchange the item for another in The Silver Crucible's shop within 1 day of confirmed delivery receipt of the originally purchased item by the customer and that The Silver Crucible receives the item wished to be exchanged in INTACT and UNDAMAGED condition within 7days of the notification and request for exchange. The likelihood of there being another one-of-a-kind item in The Silver Crucible's shop of precisely equal value is highly unlikely. In the event that the item received by the customer is desired to be exchanged, and the aforementioned conditions for exchange are met, the customer who CHOOSES AN ITEM OF LESSER COST than the item they've already purchased will be refunded the balance, minus shipping costs for the replacement item. In the event that the item received by the customer is desired to be exchanged, and the aforementioned conditions for exchange are met, the customer who CHOOSES AN ITEM OF GREATER COST than the item they've already purchased will be required to pay the difference due to The Silver Crucible, plus shipping costs for the replacement item.
All arrangements to be made by e-mail communication.
It is The Silver Crucible's hope and intent that our customers truly enjoy a beautiful and long-lasting piece of art jewelry, and we will make ALL REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS to insure just that, so we are of the opinion that seeking a refund should only be in the rare case where we cannot come to an easy and mutually beneficial, mutually satisfying outcome.
Last Updated September 1, 2011