Announcement 25% off any order of 3 or more items. Use code 3ORMORE at checkout. Not applicable towards the "Bridal Collection" or during sale events. Instagram • TheVintageMistress
25% off any order of 3 or more items. Use code 3ORMORE at checkout. Not applicable towards the "Bridal Collection" or during sale events. Instagram • TheVintageMistress
Celia Huart on Apr 26, 2017
Perfect petticoat ! Volume and material are more beautiful than I imagined !
Charmaine on Apr 18, 2017
Great Dress, fabric, fit, style and colors! Has some stretching in the fabric under the arms and on top of the arms as well as the back seam, will need repairs. I contacted the shop manager and was unable to get the results that I needed.
Elizabeth responded on Apr 24, 2017
Your initial feedback on April 18th was a glowing 5 star review which days later you changed to 3 stars with noted garment issues. Were you looking to get a second discount on the already reduced price that you initially asked for and I extended as a professional courtesy to fellow shop owners? I can only presume this as you lowered the star rating, added a new problem of “seam issues” to your review and sent me a convo that said you would definitely change the feedback when I fixed the situation. I reached out to you and asked for pictures of the seam issues which you refuse to provide. I can not give you the results that you need without pictures. As you are also a vintage shop owner, I’m confident we can resolve this honestly and in a professional manner.
Sarah Meister on Apr 14, 2017
VM clearly has great style and offers elegant pieces at a great price that are hard to find in today's modern cookie-cutter bridal shops. There was a mix up with my dress and what proceeded was a difficult time for both VM and me. VM brought it to my attention immediately and was incredibly apologetic, offering to help right away. VM compromised with me and worked with me to find a solution that worked for us both. I think this is a rare hiccup for VM, so some of the processes for solving the situation weren't there. At times I felt rushed/burdened as if were my job to fix (creating labels, facilitating pickups, etc) but by the end she had it under control. I think that having a more fluid solution process is the only way VM needs to improve her CRM. Otherwise, she is very talented and gracious.
Elizabeth responded on Apr 15, 2017
Thank you for your feedback. I send my very best wishes to you and yours for a beautiful wedding day!
The Vintage Mistress shop was established in 2009, and since then, has served thousands of customers with unique vintage and bridal wear offerings. Brides, fashionistas, and vintage enthusiast will tell you that The Vintage Mistress has a reputation for:
• Offering the best in vintage— from the 40s to the 80s— classic to eclectic— all items are high-quality and in superior condition
• Being a trustworthy, well established site where customers always receive swift, personable, and knowledgeable service
• Knowing exactly what a bride wants and making her dreams of getting married in a vintage gown come true
New merchandise is added each and every day. Let me know how I can help you!
See my Etsy Seller Feature here! https://blog.etsy.com/en/2015/featured-shop-the-vintage-mistress/
☛Always 25% off an order of three or more items. Use code 3ORMORE when checking out. Not applicable towards "Bridal Collection" merchandise or during store wide sale events.
Around the web
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
If you are new to Etsy and need help figuring checkout, click on this link: http://www.etsy.com/help_guide_checkout.php
• Layaway (lay-by) plans can be scheduled for higher priced items. A non-refundable deposit is applied to the price and the balance is due in full within 30 days. Contact me to set one up!
• Written content, photographs and logos are © 2016 The Vintage Mistress. No party may use written content, photographs or logos without express permission of The Vintage Mistress. The Vintage Mistress reserves the right to decline a layaway or cancel a transaction per this shop's policies as well as Etsy's site wide policies. By purchasing from thevintagemistress [!at] etsy.com you agree to have read, understood and accepted these policies and conditions.
• INTERNATIONAL AND CANADA: Packages ship daily via USPS First Class International up to four pounds with a proof of mailing customs declaration number. Packages weighing over four pounds ship USPS Priority Mail with tracking and delivery confirmation. If you would like to purchase a tracking number, insurance coverage, or a faster shipping service for your order contact me for rates. In rare instances, shipping costs may exceed what is quoted in the listing or the package is required to ship via Priority Mail due to its size or declared value; you will be notified of the increased shipping cost. International buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. Your order should arrive between 7-21 days; certain destinations may take longer. The Vintage Mistress is not responsible for orders delayed or held by customs, courier services, or postal systems.
• THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO ALL SHIPMENTS:
All orders are safely packaged in sturdy waterproof mailing bags or boxes with
tracking, delivery confirmation or customs declaration numbers. If your package arrives damaged, please save all the packing materials. If lost, I will assist you to locate your package with a tracking number or file a "Lost/Damaged Package" report. Packages that are returned due to any "non-delivery" reason are nonrefundable or can be reshipped once the buyer purchases new postage. Examples of this include but are Not Limited To "import fee/tax avoidance, items being held and not picked up, buyers remorse, unsuccessful attempted deliveries,or a wrong address was supplied at checkout." When applicable, tracking numbers are provided for customers under their "Etsy Purchases" page; please check this tracking information often so you are prepared to accept your package. Your postman may leave you a package pick-up notice with detailed instructions on where and how to claim your package. If you don't receive one, please inquire with your local postal office.
Refunds and Exchanges
• Shipping costs are nonrefundable unless otherwise noted in our Etsy convos. Orders that are returned without pre-approval or past the specified return dates will be "Refused / Returned to Sender."
• Wedding dresses, veils, and items described as "Final Sale, As-is or Clearance" are nonreturnable.
• Hang tags must be securely attached and not tampered with for returns/exchanges. Returned items that are worn beyond "trying on", damaged, washed, odorous, or have missing/tampered hang tags will not be refunded nor exchanged.
• Return requests due to poor fit or opinionated/subjective viewpoints are for shop credit. Please read and view an item's description carefully and convo me with questions/concerns about the condition/size/color of an item so that I can assist you in making the best choice before you purchase. If you have difficulty fitting a certain area of your body (ex. the bust, short waist, length etc.) or need a specific garment measurement that isn't listed, let me help you! I am always happy to take more pictures, check measurements and provide honest advice.
All merchandise at The Vintage Mistress is at least 20 years of age or older and is in used condition. Vintage clothing will have signs of wear and may not be 100% free of minor imperfections as they have been previously worn. Within each listing, I describe all noticeable flaws to the best of my knowledge and often include photographs for buyer's discretion. As computer monitors differ, colors may vary between the actual product and your screen.
Additional policies and FAQs
Vintage garments were often tailored and cut much different than today's clothing. To get the best fit from vintage clothing compare your body measurements to the listing's measurements and factor in enough extra room to move comfortably in the garment. It's always best to know your true measurements rather than assuming them. If you need help, have a professional take them for you.
• A COURTESY GUIDE TO MEASURING YOURSELF •
Use a flexible cloth tape measure and measure yourself over the undergarments you plan to wear and NOT over your clothing. Keep the tape measure straight and level. Example: If you plan to wear a special type of bra or perhaps a girdle under the vintage garment, measure yourself while wearing these.
BUST: Measure over the fullest part of your bust while wearing a bra.
UNDERBUST / EMPIRE WAIST: Measure around the fullest part of your ribcage, about midway between your bust and waist.
WAIST: Measure around the smallest point of your waist where it naturally curves in
on the side.
HIP: Measure around the fullest part of your hips and buttocks, keeping the tape measure straight and even. This is usually about 8"-9" below your waist.
SHOULDER TO WAIST: Measure from the top of your shoulder, where a normal shoulder seam would lie, down the front going over your bust to your waist.
SHOULDER WIDTH: Measure from the point where your shoulder begins
curving down into the arm, across your back, to the next shoulder point.
TOTAL LENGTH: Measure from the top of your shoulder, where a normal shoulder seam would lie, down the front going over your bust, to the point you want the garment to end.
• A GUIDE TO MEASURING A GARMENT •
Below is my measuring procedure for merchandise in this shop. All measurements are provided in inches. If you need a measurement taken in a different way than what my procedure describes, contact me before purchasing.
My measurements are taken on the outside of the garment, laid upon a smooth solid surface, with wrinkles/creases smoothed flat using a cloth tape measure. The garment must be buttoned or zipped up and not distorted.
BUST: Measured from outside edge of armpit seam to outside edge of next armpit seam x2.
WAIST: Smallest point of bodice where fabric curves inwards, measuring straight across from outside edge to outside edge x2.
HIP: Widest point below waist, measuring straight across from outside edge to outside edge x2.
TOTAL LENGTH: Middle point of shoulder seam to where the garment ends at bottom going straight down.
SHOULDER: Straight across the back, one shoulder seam to the next.
SLEEVE: Measured from the top of sleeve seam to the end of the sleeve.
SHOE INSOLES: Measured from the interior, heel to toe tip.
SHOE WIDTH: Measured at the ball's widest point, on the shoe's exterior sole.