Announcement I love to make things. And you will definitely see that in my shop, as I have everything from handmade jewelry to knit baby clothes. Take a look around and keep on checking back since I'm constantly adding new stuff. - Dawne
I love to make things. And you will definitely see that in my shop, as I have everything from handmade jewelry to knit baby clothes. Take a look around and keep on checking back since I'm constantly adding new stuff. - Dawne
Dana on Oct 20, 2015
Amazing work! So glad I found this shop! I love that it's all black, very large, the design and how well made it is. Very very pleased!!!! Thank you!!!!
kgraham47 on Apr 7, 2015
This afghan is a work of art, just beautiful. I'm so glad I found Dawne on Etsy. I would recommend her creations: couldn't be more satisfied, Kathy
The Happenings of a Shop...or...How I created my own mess!
Hmmm...where do I start? Well, I can't help but create. So far, I haven't found a single craft that I haven't loved. This is the reason why I started making to sell. Sometimes I find something I want to make just so I can have fun making it, but not necessarily for myself, and I can only give away so much :) The problem is, I never have enough time to make everything that I want to!! Actually, it makes it difficult for me to lock in on one specialty. Since I can't focus well enough on one, I decided to focus on three major areas. 1) Purses...handbags...backpacks...you get the idea. 2) Afghans. OOOHHHHHH so many afghans. Knit and crochet, lacey and bulky, cabled and simple. I just LOVE making afghans. and 3) Women's clothing. The last one is a little complex. It is more make-at-a-whim, such as ponchos at one time, maybe skirts, tops, knit/crochet/sew...anything at the time. I have recently started to expand my work in doll clothing, so you'll find lots of American Girl doll clothes, plus clothes for 5" and 10" chubby dolls.
The one thing I DO specialize in, however, is custom orders. Have you found a pattern but don't have the guts or time to make it? What about design ideas, but no specifics? Well, I can definitely help you there. If you find a pattern, I can work with you on yarn used, color, and size, give you a price quote on materials and my work, a quote on time, and once I get your approval, get to work. So, if at any time you're interested, just let me know and I'll be more than happy to make you happy!
Owner, Creator, Customer Service
I'm a middle-aged, at-home mom juggling everyone and everything! With 4 kids, 3 of whom are almost grown and one VERY active little 18 month old boy, plus the house, bills to take care, and more, focusing on a business is a challenge, but I love it!
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
All items are shipped using USPS Priority Mail in 1 to 3 business days to the United States. I prefer Priority Mail as it reaches you quicker, more safely than First Class, and can be tracked. I charge less than the lowest amount for shipping via Priority Mail so as to not inconvenience my customers with a high shipping cost.
MULTIPLE ITEMS ORDERS: If you are purchasing multiple items, you may be able to save on shipping costs. In order to get an accurate quote, click "Ask a Question", tell me what items you're interested in and your mailing address, and I will give you an accurate shipping quote.
OVERAGES IN SHIPPING COSTS WILL BE REFUNDED.
*** CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COSTS REGARDING CUSTOMS.***
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me and ask me a question. I usually respond very quickly.
Refunds and Exchanges
CUSTOM ORDERS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-RETURNABLE, so please make sure you are 100% satisfied with color, style, timeframe, cost and anything else BEFORE I make the first listing. More explanations regarding CUSTOM ORDERS are found below in the "Additional Information" section.
Additional policies and FAQs
- I am happy to do custom orders. If there is something you see in my shop that you like INCLUDING in my sold section, but would like in a different color, or even a different yarn, click ASK A QUESTION in the listing and let me know what you're looking for. There is no additional charge for a different color. However, if you want a different yarn altogether, the cost of that yarn may be higher than the one I use, so the price of the completed item will be higher.
- I require a half down-payment up front, to cover the cost of the material and part of the work I put into it. THIS AMOUNT IS NON-REFUNDABLE!! I do not misrepresent my work - what you see is what you get, and I try to take close-ups of the craftsmanship so that you may see how well I do. I don't do refunds based on deciding against the product, not liking the color you chose after all, or anything else.
- Before I list the completed item for you I will send an email with pictures attached so that you may see the completed product.
- The second half of the payment plus the shipping cost is charged when the item is completed. I will make a special listing for you to purchase. IF YOU DECIDE YOU DO NOT WANT IT AFTER IT IS COMPLETED, please click ASK A QUESTION or email me directly and let me know. Again, I will NOT refund the first half of the payment, but you will not be required to pay the second half, and it will be listed in my shop for anyone else to purchase.
- If you need extra time, or would even like a lay-a-way option, for the second half of the payment (not the first half, that is up-front) I will be happy to work that out with you. I'm actually a really easy person to work with and am very understanding, so don't be afraid to ask!
\|/ \|/ \|/ LAY-A-WAY OPTIONS \|/ \|/ \|/
- If you are interested in a single item or multiple items but don't have the money to pay for it all up-front, I can work out a lay-a-way plan with you. There are no additional charges for this option.
- The lay-a-way payments MUST be made at the agreed upon time. I will give a two-week grace period for any missed payments and contact you to ask if everything is okay. After 2 weeks from the date of a missed payment, I will refund the money you have paid up to that point and release the items back to my shop for others to purchase.
- Items will ship out after the final payment has cleared.
- Please contact me to work out the terms of a lay-a-way. I am happy to help!
\|/ \|/ \|/ SOMETHING YOU WANT, BUT YOU DON'T SEE?? \|/ \|/ \|/
- I am actually into many, many different crafts. The more usual ones I do are knitting, crocheting and cross-stitching. However, I also do sewing, latch-hook, plastic canvas, jewelry, and the list goes on. I am not much of an artist, though I do some art (nothing listed in here, though), so I can't be requested to do anything that involves painting, sculpting, or anything else that is similar. But you are more than welcome to contact me regarding any of the crafts I do, or for ones that aren't listed. We can work one-on-one, with each particular request being treated as unique. I will let you know up-front if I can honestly fulfill your request. As an example, if you ask me to knit an item that I know I don't have the skills for, I will not tell you "Sure, I can do that" and then leave you with a terrible looking mess. I will only do what I know for a fact I can do, but I can do A LOT! So, don't be afraid to ask. Just contact me and we'll work it out.
- Special requests such as these are treated in the same manner as the CUSTOM ORDERS above, though you won't have an initial price to go off of. That will be something we will work out BEFORE I do any listings for you to purchase!
Feel free to ask me anything else I haven't covered in here! Thank you again for looking in my shop and have a great day :-)