Anonymous on Apr 26, 2013
Clori was wonderful to work with! I am so glad we found her to remake our restaurants menu! She's a gem!
Anonymous on Apr 11, 2013
Thresholder Began in a Classroom.
When this shop began, it was originally intended to be a fundraising entity for my school's literary-art magazine. We sold paper beads, knitted items, art from our magazine, and the magazines themselves. Well, we tried to sell them. Nothing sold. Since the shop was there, I decided to put it to work for myself. I began by selling vintage items, things I'd collected over time and no longer needed, things I'd gathered from flea markets and garage sales, things that I thought people would love. I sold many items and really enjoyed the community here on ETSY. After a while, my love of vintage turned to a love of graphic design, so Thresholder evolved into a small business promotion shop. My flyers, banners, and logos are effective tools that any small business owner can use on a budget.
Owner, Maker, Designer
Mother. Wife. Teacher. Restaurant Owner. Self-taught graphic designer.
Accepted payment methods
Refunds and Exchanges
Additional policies and FAQs
1. Posters and banners go through a very detailed process. First, you will tell me about your concept, send me your images(s) and logo, and send me any links to flyers and websites that you particularly like so that I can get a feel for your style.
2. Next, based on our email discussion, I will create a flyer using the images* you've sent and the vision you've described. I can also use my own images here...keep in mind that I am limited to what is free for commercial use.
3. After I create the flyer, we will go through a revision process. Keep in mind, by revision I mean changes to font, color, and placing. I do not mean changes to agreed upon images and concept. A change in concept and image means we are starting over which means additional cost.
4. For these reasons, please be exceedingly clear about your vision. If you are open to my ideas and creative abilities, great. I will send you something that you are sure to love and that will serve its purpose beautifully.
5. I usually have a short turnaround time, but it can take up to two weeks to complete an entire design. If you need something faster, please let me know up front, and I can usually accommodate your time frame.
6. It takes me at least three hours to create a flyer -- a customer is essentially paying me by the hour to complete a project. Expect my flyers to have a simplicity in their design. Complete reversal in image and concept during the revision stage means more payment because it translates for me into at least another two to three hours of work. For this reason, I ask customers to be very clear when we begin.
7. You must be legally licensed to use or you must be the owner of any image you send to me for use in the flyer. I will not use any copyrighted material in any flyer I create. Also, be sure that any catch phrase you use for an event is not trademarked.
8. I will do my best to meet font requests, but I will not purchase fonts. If you want me to use a very specific font, the price for the font will become part of your order.
*A note about images. I cannot create anything dynamic with a low resolution image. There is really nothing I can do to make a low resolution image bigger. Always begin with a high resolution image for best results.