- All 294
- Vintage Dresses 31
- Vintage Tops, Blouses 20
- Vintage Skirts 17
- Sweaters Jackets Coats 20
- Vintage Lingerie 21
- Women's Accessories 8
- Aprons 18
- Men's Vintage Shirts 69
- Men's Sweaters Jackets 7
- Vintage Neckties 73
- Men's Accessories 2
- Vintage T Shirts 1
- Unisex Vintage 7
mercermom on Jul 27, 2016
Shirt looks great! Super quick shipping and in excellent condition : )
Debbie Bailey on Jul 18, 2016
Putting Myself Out There: 25 Random Things
1. Where to start? Well, I guess at the beginning. I eat the same thing for breakfast every day--oatmeal. Not the fancy kind in the little packets, the kind in the big cardboard cylinder.
2. Nursing is my first career. In fact, I call it The Finest Art. But I like to think I have my finger on the pulse of fashion.
3. I am the author of "A Passion for Fashion," published by Simmons-Boardman Books. Out-of-Print, but still making the rounds on second-hand book-selling sites. Actually, it was something of a cult favorite.
4. I like to say I am a "Vintage Clothier." It sounds so affected.
5. As Estate Clothing Company, I have been setting vintage clothing for at least 35 years. Long before the internet, I developed relationships with buyers and sellers all across the U.S. You know, the old-fashioned way. The internet made the world a much smaller place, and the business expanded world-wide.
6. Getting coffee-to-go is one of the best indulgences. I love the feel and smell of hot coffee in the paper cup. Weird, I know. ( I like the caffeine too.)
7. Favorite quote: "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde. Also: "Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong." - Snoopy
8. Fashion is derivative. It reflects the culture, economy, technology, arts of its time. It also says a lot about how women were viewed. Seriously. Historically, hemlines have gone up along with the stock market.
9. I have written for "Vintage Fashions," "Collector's News" "Threads," "The Antique Trader," and other publications. Subject? Vintage Clothes.
10. My favorite movie is "Gone With The Wind," followed closely by "Pulp Fiction."
11. I have done extensive stained glass work. It is one of the things I love the best--the brilliance of the glass. Also, making order out of chaos. I am also quite comfortable with chaos. I love mismatched china and mismatched bed linens. I guess I just like things that are beautiful in their own right. No need to limit yourself to things that match.
12. I absolutely love good perfume. Real perfume, not cologne. "Parfum," not "eau de whatever." it's a real mood-elevator to me. I drench myself daily. Lipstick does it for me too.
Perfume recommendations: Knowing, Ysatis, Dolce and Gabbana (with the red cap), Joy. My very favorite is Fracas. Apply that one with a light hand: a little Fracas is a good thing; a big fracas.....not so much.
13. Old vintage clothiers never die, they just press on (excuse the pun). I am hoping to find some of my old cohorts here on Etsy.
14. Over the years, I have sold Hawaiian shirts to Hawaiians, coats to Alaskans, and clothes to movie sets. It's all about the distribution of goods.
15. Would I rather sleep late on Saturday morning, or go to a good estate sale?... Don't make me choose. (Actually, after #2 above, I probably need my sleep.)
16. I am also on Etsy as LadyDianeMarie.
17. My other shop is CatBazaar, so check that one out too: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CatBazaar It specializes in sewing stuff--patterns, quilting stuff, and some vintage clothing. I decided to spin the vintage clothing off into this new store--TomCatBazaar.
18. Style-wise, I prefer "Eclectic." You know, the real fashion show is on the streets.
More later...till I get to #25. Then I will quit.... I promise...
My philosophy is: The real fashion show is on the street.
Buy and wear what you like. Mix vintage pieces with contemporary items.
I offer unique quality items for men and women--- from WW2 and before, mid-century, rockabilly, VLV, Mad Men, Grunge, Glam, and more.
I describe items carefully and honestly and strive for customer satisfaction.
Thank you for visiting. Come back often--I have a huge inventory and try to re-stock often.
I am a long-time vintage clothier-- See my "About" page.
Also, check out CatBazaar, my other store. https://www.etsy.com/shop/CatBazaar
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
* You don't need a PayPal account to purchase through PayPal; credit cards and debit cards are also accepted through PayPal.
For Shipping PLEASE NOTE: Ensure that your PayPal / Etsy address is current and complete.
International buyers are responsible for paying any duties / custom fees, or VAT if applicable. This varies greatly by country--be aware of the customs thresholds for your country and any other fees.
Refunds and Exchanges
Additional policies and FAQs
In the Heart of the USA: Omaha, NE
We may be contacted through the Etsy convo system.