Vintage & Antique Jewelry, Accessories, Home & Notions
*~* 1/2 Off SaLe Weekly on a Featured Listing(s) each Sunday! Item(s) either shown with featured items or use the search feature and type "Sale" - If you do not find a new item for the week, I will honor any prior… read more
TrueColorsForYou's Shop Policies
~~ Welcome to True Colors For You! Thank you for visiting!
~~ We offer with Antique, Vintage & Handmade jewelry, supplies, accessories and more that will represent Your 'True Colors' in Life Love and Happiness! Check back as we fill our shop with retro & vintage items ~ a wide variety of unique vintage and antique jewelry, beads & findings, lovely coordinating sets, accessories, kitchen, housewares, vintage paper/pictures for crafts & more...
~~ Look for funky, cool, retro, mod, earrings, bangles, bracelets, brooches beads, necklaces & coordinating sets. A 'true' variety of styles & materials ~ bakelite, lucite, enamel, confetti, thermoset, moonglow, celluloid, rhinestones, crystals, glass, copper, brass, natural wood & more in all colors!! Signed jewelry! Add to your vintage jewelry collection or home display! Many listings will be fantastic lots for crafting, new jewelry making and other artistic craft endeavors!
~~ Please do not hesitate to contact us with ANY questions!
~~ Our Goal is for your Happiness and Satisfaction!
~~ Please Read about 'Vintage and Antique' Items in 'Additional Information' if you are new to these treasures!
~~ Thank You Kindly ~~
~~ I Accept Several Forms of Payment for your convenience! ~~
ALL PayPal Payments, however, MUST be from and be mailed to a 'Confirmed Paypal Address' Only due to Paypal's seller policies. Otherwise, I reserve the right to require Priority Mail shipping and Insurance at your Cost or cancel the transaction.
Accepted Payment Types:
~~ USA BUYERS-
1) PAYAPAL ~ Payments are requested within 3 days, however; 'E-checks' are requested within 1 day as they take 4-10 days to clear. I request that you contact me to discuss your plans for payment if you are unable to meet these terms.
2) MONEY ORDERS & CASHIERS CHECKS~ Please Mail within 2 working days. Please send a convo when you mail your Check to ensure I 'hold' your item.
3) PERSONAL CHECKS must have Name/Address imprinted at the top. Please Mail within 2 days. Please send a convo when you mail to ensure I 'hold' your item.
4) CASH - at your own risk only as I am unable to ensure postal service delivery. Please Mail within 2 days. Please send a convo when you mail to ensure I 'hold' your item.
5) NOTE - Orders paid via Money orders, Cashier's checks & Personal Checks may be held after deposit until Payment clears my bank. Clearing of Money Orders and Cashier's Checks usually takes 2-4 business days. Clearing of Personal Checks usually takes 4-10 business days. REMEMBER, I have no control over the time it takes me to Receive your Check from the Postal Service or guarantee its delivery. Shipping of your order includes Delivery Confirmation (it does not include insurance for damage, lost or stolen items - see 'Shipping' below) ~
*~*~NEW BUYERS*~*~ (with Feedback Under 10)
Please Pay with Paypal at Time of Purchase~ If you are a new buyer and unable to pay at purchase with Paypal or would like to pay with a different form of payment, PLEASE contact me via convo at Time of Purchase do discuss your specific plans for payment. I'm sorry; I have had multiple Non-Paying purchases which have been held without payment and I can no Longer afford to so. If you do not contact me via email or convo at time of purchase, I will need to relist the item(s) and cancel the transaction.
~~ INTERNATIONAL Buyers - I sincerely appreciate your Business! I accept the following Payments:
1) Paypal Payments are requested within 3 days, however; 'E-checks' are requested within 1 day as they take 4-10 business days to clear. I request that you contact me to discuss your plans for payment if you are unable to meet these terms.
2) POSTAL Service or other Money Orders in US dollars Only~ Please Mail within 2 working days. Please send a convo when mailing to ensure I am able to 'hold' your item. I am cannot be responsible for payments that are not received and suggest sending via return receipt or signature required mail.
3) USA Funds in CASH at your risk Only. cannot guarantee receipt of checks. I cannot be responsible for payments that are not received and suggest sending via return receipt or signature required mail.
4) NOTE - Orders paid with Money orders or Cashier's checks will be held after deposit until Payment clears my bank. Clearing of Money Orders and Cashier's Checks usually takes 5-10 business days. REMEMBER, I have no control over the time it takes me to Receive your Check from the Postal Service and Cannot Guarantee its delivery to me.
5) First Class Int'l Shipping includes 'Certificate of Mailing' and Customs forms. It does NOT include Tracking, Confirmation of Delivery or insurance for damage, lost or stolen items (see 'Shipping' below)~
~~ I Gladly ship Worldwide and I am proud to serve about one-half of my customers from the USA and one-half from other wonderful countries! ~~
~~ Shipping Costs, as noted in Listings Include - Postal shipping cost, Delivery Confirmation (USA only), a small handling fee, and packaging costs.
~~ I do recycle all packing materials and supplies whenever possible to keep your costs down and help the environment. I am usually good at detecting (and not using) any materials that have a smoke or other odor or are not clean (but I am not perfect). I also combine shipping at reasonable rates.
~~ I do combing shipping at a reasonable rate. Most items are listed with two rates with the second being the lower indicated shipping charge when mailed with another item. Sometimes this is an overestimate and I will refund your payment if this is the case :)
~*~* USA Buyers~*~*:
1) USA shipping includes Delivery Confirmation. Insurance is NOT included but is strongly recommended, especially for rare/expensive orders~ convo me for rates. If insurance is not chosen, buyer assumes All responsibility for lost, stolen, damaged or Non-delivered items.
2) I usually ship at least once a week After cleared Payment (M-F, No Holidays). First Class Mail usually is delivered 2-7 Business days after shipping depending on your location. Priority Mail (is Only used if it is specified in the Listing or, may be requested at an additional cost. Priority Mail delivery usually arrives 2-4 days after shipping, but the USPS does not "Guarantee" any of these shipping times.
3) If you need an item by a specific date or urgently, please convo me and I will make every effort to help you decide on an appropriate shipping type.
~*~* INTERNATIONAL Buyers ~*~*
~*~*~ GENERAL Terms ~*~*~
1) Buyers are Responsible for ALL duties, Taxes, Customs or any other Fees in their Country. Please determine these fees before purchasing with your local office.
2) I do NOT Alter Customs Forms - it is a Federal Offense. Please do Not request that I mark your form as a 'gift' or lower the purchase price.
3) I reserve the right to require a Paypal 'Confirmed Address' on any purchase. If this is unacceptable, I will gladly refund your payment, re-list the item and cancel the transaction.
4) I do charge a small handling fee, usually $2.00 - $5.00 depending on the number of item purchased, packaging, and because International Mailing is very time consuming. I must fill out customs and certificate of mailing forms, traveling to the Post Office (50+ minute Round Trip drive), waiting in line, etc.
5) I DO Reimburse Paypal Payments After Shipping if I have grossly miscalculated shipping/handling costs (which does happen, most often on First Class Mailings) - It may take me a few days to matching up the figures and posting the credit - thank you for your understanding.
~*~* FIRST CLASS INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING ~*~*~
1) S/H is usually quoted as USPS 1st Class International Mail for smaller, less fragile items while Rare, more expensive items are usually quoted as Small Box Priority International Mail.
2) USPS 1st Class International Mail is more economical. I require, and S/H costs include, USPS 'Certificate of Mailing' for an additional $1.45. 'Certificate of Mailing' proves that a Package was been Mailed to Your address and handed to a USPS agent at the local post office with Proper Customs Forms. This fee is NOT reflected on the postage label, so please understand I have paid for it additionally.
3) USPS First Class International Mail does NOT provide any tracking, delivery confirmation, Insurance and cannot be purchased per USPS regulations.
4) Buyer agrees to be responsibility for lost, stolen, damaged or Non-delivered items when shipped via 1st Class International Mail.
~*~*~ PRIORITY INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING ~*~*~
1) Priority Mail Small Box Int'l Mail and Larger Priority Mail Int'l packages, are usually processed online so there is an electronic record of the label. These packages are picked up by the USPS from my home and a receipt is usually left after pick up.
2) Priority International Mail "Small box" and "Envelopes" do Not include Insurance for Lost, Stolen, Damaged, or Non-Delivered packages or tracking (Except to the last USA city before the package leave the USA). Insurance is ONLY available on "Regular" International Priority Packages, Express and/or Global Mail. It is Very Expensive to ship this way and these services start at about $49 to Canada and go up from there. Please convo for rates. I have noticed that Priority Mail International is usually much safer, more reliable and less likely to incur damages.
~*~*~ SHIPPING TIME & DELIVERY TIME ~*~*~
1) I usually ship International packages within 10 days after cleared payment (not including weekends and holidays) but ofter sooner.
2) While the USPS indicates that Priority Mail International is faster than First Class International and can usually be expected to arrive in 6-10 business days after mailing, I have found that there is usually not a difference (unless mailed with Insurance, or via Express or Global Mail). Deliveries have taken anywhere from 2 - 12+ WEEKS and more (depending on the country and custom procedures, holidays, weather, etc.). If you need your item in a 'guaranteed' period of time, let me know and I will quote Express Mail International (very expensive).
~*~*~*~ Thank you for looking and reading my fine print ~*~*~*~*
Refunds and Exchanges
~~ GENERAL Customer Service ~ My #1 goal is for you to be a happy and satisfied buyer! I offer a 100% Unconditional Guarantee on all Items. Please contact me for any reason & I will find a solution! I am not perfect, but strive to describe to the best of my ability with years of research and 'hands-on' learning. Please ask Questions Prior to purchasing and be aware of your 'size'.
~~ RETURNS ~ While returns are intended for grossly misdescribed or misrepresented items, I do accept returns for any reason providing you contact me and arrange to mail the item back within 2 two weeks. Please mail with the original packaging and the item needs to be in its "original condition". I usually do not include refunds for shipping back to me or for shipping the original item to you unless I have made a mistake, but, of course, there are always exceptions and special circumstances. I will find a solution to any issue! After contacting me about a return, please ship to: Laura J Marino; 79 Curtis Rd; Portland, ME 04103-2901
~~ IMPORTANT ~ Antique and Vintage items are 20, 50, 70, 100 or more years 'young' and have usually been lovingly WORN~ They are Not 'perfect' or 'New' & most all items have wear consistent with their age - this is part of the art of vintage. We usually do not clean jewelry as most prefer to do so themselves.
Additional Policies and FAQs
Note:***Since I Believe In 'True Colors', Pictures Are Often Taken Outside In Natural Sunlight and/or on Mirrors. There May Be Reflections (Sun, Camera Flash, Outdoor Greenery, Mirror Reflections, Colored Clothing), Shadows, White Or Colored 'Spots', Etc.
About Vintage Jewelry ~
Vintage Jewelry is From 'Somewhere in Time', lovingly worn and cherished... is Not new. We do not clean vintage jewelry as most wearers & collectors prefer to clean their own. Additionally, many signs of age rightfully add to the Beauty and Value of a piece.
Condition will vary with age, material and wear. We rate 'Vintage Condition' on 'Scale' (see below). Our rating is derived from several years experience collecting, selling & researching vintage jewelry. While we have experience, all ratings are our 'Honest Opinion'. But, Beauty lies in the Eyes of the Beholder. So, please let the photos, and any questions you may have, be your guide~
1) NBW - Never Been Worn & Near Mint/New Vintage Condition
2) Near Mint - Has been worn but shows little if any signs of wear
3) Excellent - Considering age, materials, etc, the piece may show minor signs of wear upon close inspection.
4) Very Good - Better than average wear for age & material: flaws not readily noticeable
5) Good - Average wear consistent with age & materials
6) Fair - A bit more than average wear, but a wonderful piece representative of the times and worth wearing.
7) TLC - May need a 'quick fix' or TLC to refurbish, but nothing major for anyone with a bit of patience.
8) Repair, Craft - will be noted clearly
Laura J Marino
79 Curtis Rd
Portland, ME 04103-2901
207-232-9870 (customer service inquiries Only, please)
Last Updated January 26, 2013