VintageStoryLinens is taking a short break
Susan on Feb 8, 20215 out of 5 stars
My experience with Debbie was great. We worked together on the backing and braid to make this pillow from a needle point I had done. Her choice on the backing was great and the two closure buttons were very special too.
Kristin on Jan 29, 20215 out of 5 stars
Our service missionaries got a real kick out of these and enjoy wearing them as they “serve as Jesus served”.
Kristin on Jan 29, 20215 out of 5 stars
Our missionary group really got a kick out of these. They are Service Missionaries and have a need to mask up when working. These remind them who they are and are a fun conversation piece as they “serve as Jesus served”.
terrapurpurahakam on Jan 23, 20215 out of 5 stars
Such a special and beautiful linen. Arrived quickly and I framed it to hang in my office. Very happy!
Barbara on Jan 23, 20215 out of 5 stars
Best Masks for Large Faces! Have ordered 3 times, and never disappointed! Great Quality!
Madelin on Jan 20, 20215 out of 5 stars
It fit well and was very cute!
Molly on Jan 12, 20215 out of 5 stars
My husband has a big head he's 5'10" and 230 lbs very stocky and large jaw line. Ordered him the XL and it fits perfect. It's his favorite mask. Now the guys at work want them too!
Lauren on Jan 11, 20215 out of 5 stars
The hanky arrived promptly and in great condition. Thanks
mtahearn on Jan 1, 20215 out of 5 stars
So grateful to have finally found a high-quality mask that fits my son's very large head. Very happy with it!
Michele on Dec 31, 20205 out of 5 stars
I put my granddaughters college fund money in them for the Christmas stockings.
As a lover of fine antique and vintage handmade linens and textiles, I wanted to preserve and showcase them by creating stunning Designer Pillows.
Hello and welcome to my shop! As someone who greatly appreciates fine handwork and the beautiful patina of antique/vintage items, I believe they should be showcased and not left to collect dust in drawers. As a quilter, I also know that people enjoy knowing about the history of and stories behind their purchase. Thus, my inspiration for my Designer Pillows and Shop Name. Please peruse and enjoy the lovely pillows in Our shop - - Vintage Story Linens. Recently I added FINE "Vintage Bridal Handkerchiefs" and "Vintage Linens" to my shop collection of Handmade Upcycled Designer Pillows. Please see below what sets our SHOP ITEMS apart from the competition.
WHAT SETS OUR "DESIGNER PILLOWS" APART FROM THE COMPETITION?
1). AGE OF FABRIC: Gorgeous Antique (100+ years old) and Vintage (30 - 99 years old) quality fabrics.
2). COUNTRIES OF ORIGIN: Exquisite European and American fabric and textiles (handmade needlepoint, lace, ticking, hankies, etc).
3). LABOR - a) Most textiles arrive dirty, musty, and skewed (ie needlepoint). They must be soaked for two days, then hand washed, and finally, in some cases, "blocked" to reshape them; b) These pillows are One-of-a-Kind, sewn by one artesian seamstress and not mass produced. With their sometimes more complex designs, they take many hours to complete.
5). EXPERTISE - The pillows are sewn by an expert seamstress who has developed and perfected her skills over years of time (even decades).
6). "OPTIONAL" DOWN/FEATHER INSERT. Our pillow inserts are organic, custom made, and are filled with exclusive down and feathers, giving it a downy softness.
7). QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP - Pillows are partially or fully lined (as needed) and are reinforced in the corners and insert sleeve.
8). ANTIQUE or VINTAGE BUTTONS. Stunning vintage buttons grace the pillow backs to secure the quality inserts. We specialize in 1930s Czech glass buttons, vintage Mother-of-Pearl shell buttons, and design themed buttons (ie rhinestone pink ballet slipper buttons for a ballerina pillow).
9). We use HIGH QUALITY Linen or Linen/Cotton fabric. Pillows are sewn with quality 100% cotton thread.
10). RESEARCH - A lot of time is spent researching and writing the histories behind the textiles used for the creation of the pillows. These histories or "stories" are recorded on a lovely card and included with the pillow.
11). PRESENTATION - Your pillow will be shipped to you (or a gift recipient) in a brand NEW box, wrapped in beautiful antique stylized tissue, and accompanied with a card telling the history behind the pillow's textiles and creation (the "story").
12) UPCYCLING - Exquisite heirloom handmade linens and textiles should be preserved and showcased! We recycle, retain, repair, and repurpose quality, inspirational textiles into exquisite Designer Pillows.
WHAT SETS OUR "VINTAGE LINENS" AND "BRIDAL & MENS HANDKERCHIEFS" APART FROM THE COMPETITION?
1) SELECTION: We have 500+ Vintage Linens and Handkerchiefs! Antique & Vintage Handkerchiefs include: Stunning Bridal Hankies, Bridesmaids' Hankies, Mother-of-the-Bride or Groom Hankies, and Pocket Squares for the Groom, Groomsmen, or Father-of-the-Bride or Groom.
2) QUALITY: All hankies and vintage linens were originally purchased to be used on my Designer Pillows, but I accumulated too many of them -- thus they are for sale. Only wanting high quality items, I was picky about finding only the BEST of linens and hankies.
3) CLEANLINESS: Unless the vintage hanky or linen arrives with an original sticker still attached, the textile is soaked for three days, hand laundered, and air-dried. Prior to shipping, they are then freshly ironed. NO more musty smell, stains, etc.
4) HONEST CONDITION ASSESSMENT: The condition of the antique or vintage hankie or linen is stated at the top of each "item description." If it is not in "Excellent Vintage Condition," then it will state the flaw (i.e. loose threads, small smug, pin-sized hole, etc).
5) ORIGINATION: Our vintage hankies and linens originate from either Europe or the U.S.A. We are not into cheap imports or imitations.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
I don't accept cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale
Returns and exchange details
Merchandise must be returned in a timely manner, without damage, and with the ability to be relisted.
CUSTOM ORDER REFUNDS: Custom orders, that cannot be listed for resale, are FINAL (at the discretion of the seller). Discounts or promotions cannot be used on custom orders.
SALES ITEMS: Please note that "sale items" are FINAL.
UNAUTHORIZED INTERNATIONAL RETURNS: Should the package be returned, because the VAT was not paid, the seller will refund the purchase price (minus TOTAL shipping costs and a restocking fee of 20%).
All orders ship promptly within 3-7 days of payment.* You will be notified if the shipping date will be later than seven business days. Custom pillow orders can take 2-4 weeks prior to shipping, depending upon the "season" and quantity ordered.
PILLOWS come two ways (your choice): with or without down/feather pillow inserts.
1) Pillow covers (WITH down/feather inserts) are carefully packaged and boxed in a NEW box with the pillowcase neatly wrapped in a vintage style paper and sealed with our shop logo sticker. 2) Pillow covers (WITHOUT inserts) are also neatly wrapped but NOT shipped in a box. 3) The pillow(s) "story" is recorded on a handsome card and included. You can be assured that the item(s) will be packaged safely and the presentation will be attractive, whether shipping to yourself or to a gift recipient.
Pillows are shipped by USPS Priority Mail (1-4 days) or USPS Parcel Select (2-9 days), depending on size and weight. All "days" listed are business days and exclude weekends or holidays.
If you would like insurance or delivery confirmation, please contact us before making your purchase and we will adjust the shipping cost accordingly.
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS -- Since many countries will not allow the import of down/feather cushion inserts, we sell our CUSHION COVERS to our international customers, minus the insert. As most of the VALUE is in the vintage textiles used in and the unique craftsmanship of the one-of-a-kind Cushion Covers, you will be receiving the "best" part! A Cushion INSERT, for the Designer Cushion Cover, should be easy to locate and order over the Internet and within your country.
Your cushion (pillow) cover order will be shipped by US First Class International (under 4 lbs) or US Priority International (5-70 lbs). Restrictions may apply. Shipping is usually 1-3 weeks, but can take UP TO 4-6 weeks. Occasionally custom delays from either country may happen. All custom fees, VAT, taxes, or tariffs imposed on an international package are solely the buyer's responsibility.
You may upgrade to US Priority Mail, which is tracked and takes 6 - 10 business days. Please contact us PRIOR to purchase, so we can manually input the information.
PLEASE review our REFUND POLICY.
* Family Emergencies, Natural Disasters, and Announced Vacations may delay the shipping of your order.
Additional policies and FAQs
PILLOW SIZES: Sizes of pillows listed in the shop are the actual "finished" size of the pillowcase and not the size of our down/feather inserts. Our pillow inserts are 10% down and 90% feather and are custom made for your purchased pillow cover. We do not use faux down or synthetic material, in order to give you the truest form of comfort and quality.
VINTAGE HANDKERCHIEF'S CONDITION: The vintage condition of our shop's handkerchiefs are rated on the following scale: 1) Pristine; 2) Excellent; 3) Very Good; and 4) Good. Our shop does not purchase any items less than "good" and 90% of our items fall into the "pristine to excellent" range.