wnd45acp on Aug 2, 2016
In person these remind me of the sun setting over the desert with the mountain in the background, very pretty. Really like these :) thanks
wnd45acp on Aug 2, 2016
WOW NEON GLOW.. these are really super COOL ! All arrived today once back home in great condition. As always I love the ones you do for me.. You have a good idea for design and very different pieces.. Love love :)
Willie and Lu
I run my shop out of my sweet little studio in our lovely garden in Los Angeles, where brilliant colors and sunshine provide constant inspiration. I've been so lucky to have been given a huge portion of my beads from so many of the women who are most important to me -- dozens of my grandmother's beads play a role in my work, as do HER mother's glass & crystal beads, which are from the 19th century! -- and I do try to incorporate beads that are special to me: Some are handcrafted by artisans I love, while others are beads I picked up in special places -- e.g., some of my favorite beads come from Stone Harbor, NJ, which is my favorite place in the world, so I'm reminded me of the Shore whenever I work with them.
I LOVE to work closely with my customers to make jewelry that is truly special, so please do contact me if you're interested in creating something unique and true to your own sense of style. I can change any style listed in order to make it JUST right for you (e.g., we'll change the accent beads or use different ear wires). We can also start from scratch to collaborate on your dream items; I'm happy to try a dozen different ways to make your perfect pieces, as long as you are! If you have any comments about the shop, including suggestions about what I need more (or less) of, please drop me a line.
Thanks for taking the time to visit and read all of this. Your prize is 10% off *everything* -- forever! Just use coupon code THANKSFORVISITING10 at checkout. Be sure to read the announcement on the front page of the shop, for information on the SUMMER JEWELRY GIVEAWAY (July 20), the new Reward Program (Buy 3 items, get 1 FREE!), and the VERY new Referral Bonus (when the customers you refer to Willie & Lu have purchased a combined total of 5 items, you'll earn a free one!). We're having a lot of fun this summer, with lots of beautiful new jewels, so I do hope you'll visit again soon!
(with a bit of help from Lucy, Jeremy, & Aidan)
Owner, Maker, Designer, Curator
If you have questions or suggestions about anything in the shop, please let me know. I truly appreciate hearing what you like -- and don't like -- about my jewelry and shop. I love collaborating with my customers, and would be delighted to work with you to make something that is perfect for YOU.
+ Lucy, Aidan, & Jeremy
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Other Method
Please make sure that your payment address matches your Etsy address to prevent delays in shipment. I am happy to ship to an alternate address, especially if your purchase is a gift. Make sure that you enter the recipient's address at checkout, and send me a note at the time if you'd like to include a personal message.
Willie & Lu Gift Certificates & Etsy gift cards are a great way to buy a gift if you're not sure what to choose ~ The recipient can shop at her liesure and choose whatever she likes, or she can request something unique made just for her! Convo me and I'll create a unique certificate for any amount.
Please be aware that I am required to collect 9.75% sales tax from California residents, unless a resale license number is provided.
Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions; I'll do my best to help!
Your jewelry will be packed in a gift box and/or organza gift bag. Gift wrapping is free upon request. Single items are generally packed in a padded envelope for mailing; multiple orders will be in a padded envelope or box. Please let us know if you would like reduced/recycled packaging.
Unless other arrangements are made, all items will be shipped USPS First Class Mail within 5 business days of purchase, unless otherwise stated. Many of the items in my shop are made-to-order and may take slightly longer. Please see the item listing for details.
In the U.S., you can expect your package to arrive 3-5 business days after it is sent; international orders will take longer. While I can ship Priority Mail or Express Mail upon request, we've found that regular First Class Mail sent from our location in Calfornia goes so quickly, Priority Mail is generally unnecessary for orders shipped within the U.S., and may actually take longer than regular First Class Mail.*
I will insure all packages valued at over $100 at no additional cost to you. If you would like insurance, registered mail, tracking, or other shipping upgrades, please let me know prior to ordering, and I will adjust your invoice or make a new invoice for the fees. Insurance generally costs around $3 for packages valued at less than $100.
Please feel free to convo me with any questions you have regarding shipping.
*If you prefer Priority Mail, you will receive a receipt and estimated delivery of 2-3 days from shipping date. Express Mail does guarantee delivery in 1-2 days.
Refunds and Exchanges
If your jewelry becomes damaged due to normal wear and tear within the first 30 days, please return for repair free of charge. If your jewelry is damaged after the 30-day guarantee period, I am happy to repair it for a small fee (to be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that shipping charges are not subject to refund.
Additional policies and FAQs
You do not have to buy all 3 items at the same time to earn a free one (e.g., If you buy one pair of earrings this summer, you can buy another pair for Christmas and another for Valentine's Day, and you'll have earned your free piece). ://: The cost of the free item must be the same price/less than the lowest price of your three items (=/< $28 or the lowest price item you purchased). ://: This special perk has no expiration date, and every W&L purchase made after 1/1/2015 counts toward your benefit. ://: If you'd like, you may take your free item in the form of a gift certificate, which you can keep or give as a gift.
LIMITED EDITIONS & ONE-OF-A-KINDs
I'm so lucky to work with an ever-expanding collection of hand-made beads and wires, as well as heirloom/vintage beads that I've been given by friends & family. Because of the limited quantities of most of these materials, many the items in my shop are one-of-a-kind. I'll usually identify a one-of-a-kind item in its listing title. ://: If I can reproduce a style, I will re-list the item with its original photos, and will note any marked differences in the description of the item. ://: If an item you liked has been sold and not re-listed, it's probably because it was one-or two-of-a-kind, and I don't have the beads needed to make another identical piece. However, I have a huge bead collection, and there's a good chance I can produce an item that is *very* similar to the one that caught your eye. Let me know if you're interested in this, as I'd be happy to make you a unique treasure.
CHECK EACH PHOTO
Be sure to check out *EVERY* photo listed for *EVERY* item you're considering, as I'll try to show it from different angles and in different lighting. I take pictures on overcast days, as well as in the bright Los Angeles sunshine, indoors and out, so the earrings may seem to change dramatically from shot to shot. Keep in mind also that the colors vary from computer monitor to monitor.
SPECIAL REQUESTS/PERSONALIZED PIECES
Did you see a pair of earrings that would be just right, if only they were shorter (or longer)? Gold instead of silver...? An entirely new color combination? Would you like a necklace to match the earrings you've just ordered - - or a pair of earrings to match your new necklace? Maybe you have a bracelet that means a lot to you but doesn't match your personal style? Maybe you have lost one in a pair of earrings, and you'd like the remainder made into a pendant? Whether we're creating a completely new item or reworking an old one, I'd be thrilled to collaborate with you, and make a piece of jewelry that is perfectly uniquely YOU.
My earrings are hung on a variety of ear-wires, and I'm happy to change the wires on any pair of earrings to suit your own personal style. I have a great variety of wires, so take a look around the shop to see the different choices. If you don't see what you're looking for, I may actually have it, and if not, I can probably find it nearby or order it for you. A small charge may apply for some styles of ear wires, esp. sterling silver and 14k gold/gold filled.
SOME OTHER STUFF:
1. BEAD IDENTIFICATION --> While I always try to identify the precise materials used in my beads and ear wires, the term "silver" or "gold" in bead descriptions may refer to their color and not their material. I generally use "sterling" or similar identification to identify 925 silver items, and "14k gold," "gold-filled," or "gold-plated" for certified gold items.
Sometimes the exact history, make, and distinctive qualities of my materials may be unknown or imprecise, and I'll have to call upon beadsellers & beadworkers, as well as my own experience, to make estimates & educated guesses. I do my best to provide a complete and accurate description of the items, and will never knowingly misrepresent the lineage or makeup of any materials -- but I do reserve the right to be wrong. Human error and honest mistakes will be noted!
2. VINTAGE & RECYCLED PIECES/NATURAL GEMSTONES --> Please be aware that because many of the materials I use are recycled, vintage, and/or antique, they may have "imperfections" and signs of age. This truly is part of the charm of owning a vintage item; when it is too "perfect," it can sometimes look like a reprodution. The same is true of natural stones/gems: I tend to use rustic/hand-cut stones in my jewelry, and each bead is unique and beautiful. With both "old" beads and natural gemstones, I will make every attempt to describe any such imperfections.
VINTAGE - ANTIQUE - RETRO: In my shop's descriptions, "vintage" can be an item that is over 20 years old, while "antique" is reserved for items that are at least 50 years old. "Retro" refers to an item that has a vintage look, but isn't necessarily old.
3. SPIFFING UP YOUR OLD JEWELRY --> I'm happy to refresh your jewelry -- straightening, polishing, and/or changing tired wires, shining and replacing beads as necessary, and even updating the look of your pieces. I'll give you an estimate at the time of your inquiry, and an update after examination of the jewelry. Please be aware that I am a jewelry designer, and not an expert jeweler; for this reason, I would suggest that you take elaborate/ornate pieces to someone with more expertise in the area of jewelry repair.
4. CHARITIBLE CONTRIBUTIONS --> You'll notice that many listings include information about charities I'm are supporting. Proceeds from these pieces will be donated to a specific organization; you can find more info about the organizations on my shop's front page. In 2016-17, I'll be supporting small charities and those recommended by friends & customers, and I encourage you to submit the names of your favorite organizions for future donations.
5. LISTING CHANGES --> As each listing must be changed by hand, some may contain information that is out of date (e.g., holidays that have passed, promotions that have ended, etc.). Each listing is its separate entity, and every promotion will be honored as such (so sale prices will be honored if listed, even if the sale date has passed),
6. PHOTOGRAPHS- -> I am not a professional photographer, and I take my pictures with a point-and-shoot camera, in our yard and house for the most part. As most of the photos are taken in Los Angeles, where the sun is very bright (and our house is fairly dark), I sometimes have to adjust the brightness & color levels on photos before I list them. I do my best to present an accurate visual description of each piece. Be sure to check every image, as I try to include shots in different lighting, different locations, and different positions. I take the photos on a macro (close-up, magnified) setting to show the details of the beads and wires, so the earrings look substantially larger than they are in person. Remember that computer monitors vary greatly; depending on your computer monitor, colors may appear slightly warmer/ cooler =or= darker/ lighter than they are in person.
QUESTIONS? If you have questions about ANY policies or any aspect of the shop, PLEASE convo me.
Have a wonderful summer!
w/ a little help from Lucy, Jeremy, & Aidan.