Announcement Hi art lover! I am not adding new listings to Zehland shop at this time. Visit my other shop, ZehOriginalArt.etsy.com for original nature paintings, prints and custom paintings. Thank you and have a beautiful day!
Hi art lover! I am not adding new listings to Zehland shop at this time. Visit my other shop, ZehOriginalArt.etsy.com for original nature paintings, prints and custom paintings. Thank you and have a beautiful day!
Meg on Sep 30, 20175 out of 5 stars
Oh Janet, your Great Blue Heron art is magnificent! I am framing the print & will treasure it always. Thank you so much!
Debbie on Aug 9, 20165 out of 5 stars
I've never seen watercolor painting look so realistic, soft and warm all at the same time. My husband cried when he saw the painting of him and his granddaughter. He said he wanted to put a chain on it and wear it every day. Such excellent work. Will most definitely be asking for more paintings in the future. Thank you for brightening our day.
kmott05 on Mar 3, 20165 out of 5 stars
I purchased this item for our little girl's nursery. It is high quality and beautiful.
Anonymous on May 20, 20135 out of 5 stars
The print is beautiful. Arrived quickly & in perfect condition. I am very happy with my purchase.
Anonymous on Mar 17, 20135 out of 5 stars
ஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐ Fantastic book for Christmas - my grandson loved it! ஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐ blessings, Kathy
Anonymous on Mar 17, 20135 out of 5 stars
WOW I was amazed by the picture Janet painted for me - it was better than I ever imagined it would be - I'm so glad I picked the larger size - a wonder heirloom for the family! An amazing talented lady!ஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐ
Connecting to the Child Within
Owner, Artist, Story Writer, Illustrator
Hi I'm Janet, the creator of the baby chicks and animals in Zehland.
Ferdinand and Nina
And we are Ferdinand and Nina - we started the whole thing.
NY Professional print lab
A family-owned business that produces my prints on professional-grade Epson printers using permanent inks and acid-free watercolor paper. Mounted prints are adhered to premium hardboard and sealed with tough, durable laminate.
UK Professional print lab
To save time and money for my UK and European customers, prints on watercolor paper shipped to the UK or Europe are processed at my fine art print lab in the UK. The prints are of the highest quality and are shipped within 3-4 business days.
Accepted payment methods
Returns & exchanges
Information I Collect:
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly. I do not collect or have access to your financial information which is handled exclusively between you and either Etsy's secure payment processor or PayPal.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers: I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies i.e. USPS. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services i.e. your postal address.
- Compliance with laws: I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to:
(a) respond to legal process or to government requests;
(b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies;
(c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or
(d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object: You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me:
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Janet Zeh, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at: info [!at] zehoriginalart.com
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between a watercolor and an acrylic painting?
*A WATERCOLOR is painted on heavyweight paper with transparent watercolor paints which gives it a fresh, crisp look. Because it is painted on paper, you will need to protect it with a mat and frame with glass front. Framing finishes a watercolor beautifully and makes the entire art piece larger.
*An ACRYLIC PAINTING is painted on stretched canvas with professional artist acrylic paints. I paint the side edges of the canvas so you don't need to frame it unless you wish to. It is ready to hang it with the attached wire.
Materials used for creating my art
To keep your artwork fresh and new for many generations, I use acid-free materials and professional permanent colors for my original paintings. Prints are made at a professional lab using the highest quality archival inks and papers. You can be confident that your investment will bring you a lifetime of satisfaction.
Keep your watercolor painting or print on paper new by enclosing in an acid-free mat and backing before framing with a glass front.
Acrylic on canvas paintings are varnished with spray varnish for added protection. Clean with a damp cloth when needed and allow to air dry.
Where do you ship?
I ship original paintings and prints on wood to the USA, Canada and Australia from my studio.
I ship prints on watercolor paper to the USA, Canada, the EU, and Australia from my print labs in New York, the UK or Australia depending upon your location.
I am happy to ship original paintings and prints internationally to all other countries with the understanding that you are responsible for any customs fees, duties, tariffs or other taxes due upon arrival in your country.
If you do not see your country listed under Shipping, please request a custom order, and I will make a custom listing for you! Thank you.
How can I order a custom painting?
Contact me with your ideas and the approximate size you would like. I will give you a price and time frame for completion. A 50% deposit or full payment (your choice) is required before work is begun.
In certain cases, a sketch will be made for you to approve before I begin the painting. Upon completion of the painting, I will send you an image before final payment. At either time, you may request changes if needed. I want you to be happy with your painting!