andiespecialtysweets is taking a short break
Marrin on Sep 11, 20163 out of 5 stars
Absolutely beautiful, but not super yummy :(
Jason and Andie responded on Sep 13, 2016
Inquired further for feedback from customer. They shared they are not a fan of sour candy. Our Sea Glass Candy is flocked similarly to a sour gummy worm.
Paul on Aug 16, 20161 out of 5 stars
Never received it. Thanks for reminding me. I will post another review of the product quality if I ever get it but non-receipt is a valid cause for a "disappointed" review.
Jason and Andie responded on Aug 16, 2016
This is not an issue of non-receipt. The order ships in two days. Customer decided to leave two reviews, both public and private to chastise us for not being a mass-produced, ready-to-ship product, rather than contacting us to inquire when delivery might occur. Customer admits to not reading the product description, email sent with receipt, or shipping and policies. Punishment seems to be the intention rather than a civil email.
Heidi on Aug 8, 20165 out of 5 stars
This is the second time I ordered from them. The customer service is great and the products are out of this world. So happy to have found them. My wedding cake looked incredible.
5 out of 5 stars
It's official! Andie's sea glass candy is a instant summer tradition for me!
5 out of 5 stars
Guests were shocked at the detail!
5 out of 5 stars
I have two more gear heads in my family and they're getting one of these amazing treats!
5 out of 5 stars
My friend at the museum wanted to display them rather than eat them!
5 out of 5 stars
I'm so thankful to have Jason and Andie in my community!
5 out of 5 stars
I'm using the this sugar in my coffee everyday. I don't think it's going to make it to my next event! ;-)
5 out of 5 stars
My cake was taken to the next level. Everyone was charmed! Thanks for added so much to my get-together!
Invention, Wonderment, and Integrity
Andie’s Specialty Sweets was born from a creative itch set in a domestic setting with love being poured out and through the kitchen. What started as a service to family and friends, produced something beautiful, fostered a demand from others, blossomed into a career, and is still maturing into something with amazing and infinite possibilities.
Our philosophy and the approach we take to our sweets is simple. It is "To Give Treats Unto Others As We Would Want Treats Given Unto Us." Besides an artistic course/pursuit with our sweets, we care about every ingredient, and the hospitable treatment of our customers.
Transparency and commitment to quality-
We care about our customers and our consistency of actions, values, methods, expectations, and outcomes toward them.
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" producing an edible of illusory quality. When we say “Chocolate”, we mean chocolate -beans roasted, nibs ground to cocoa mass, to cocoa solids, plus cocoa butter, and sugar. And our candy recipe has been developed and refined. We don’t take short cuts. We're honest with our customers and care about establishing trust.
The standard by which we have made all our decisions in creating our candy and sourcing our chocolate have been structured around pure ingredients, ingredients sourced from transparent companies that care about human dignity, and ingredients that enable positive economic growth.
We are committed to use ingredients grown without synthetic pesticides or chemical fertilizers, that do not contain genetically modified organisms, and have not been irradiated or exposed to industrial solvents or food additives.
We buy certified Fair Trade, an important step in directing our dollars away from the brutal child labor practices, including trafficking and slavery, that plague the chocolate industry. Buying Fair Trade also guarantees producers a price that enables positive economic growth for the individual and the region. Fair Trade enables farmers to live independently, to strategize/plan and helps restore basic human rights and freedoms.
We found a niche between a large candy manufacturer, who is limited to implied/less complicated design and high volume, and a design and process that may be prohibitive to a scale of singular production. Our contribution is accessible, customizable, eatable art to suit your whim and occasion. And we are not limited by volume.
The sky is the limit?
Yes, and perhaps beyond. Given enough time for scheduling, we can turn your concept, drawing, or reference into a multi dimensional portion of sweetness and utter delight. We can’t wait to hear what you have come up with!
Jason & Andie Moore
Candy Tinkerers, Sweet Toothes, "Dreamers Of Dreams."
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
☞ DO YOUR SWEETS TRAVEL WELL IN HOT WEATHER, AND HOW DO THEY FARE AFTER LONG INTERNATIONAL TRANSITS?
Please feel free to order anything in our repertoire, in any season, to any destination. We ship world wide, in any climate, and without incident. Everything we offer has a long record of arriving safely.
☞ WHAT IS YOUR CANDY MADE OF?
Really good stuff. Mostly everything you see is produced from our own candy recipe. We explain the texture as being al dente, in that it gives way to the teeth, and dissolves while chewing. We use pure vanilla, sometimes vanilla bean, fair trade chocolate, sometimes espresso, organic sucanat, organic fruit juices, organic citric acid, and an assortment of organic flavorings to bring our candy to life. And, if you're not a sweet on sweet fan, you'll probably appreciate the sea salt that gets added to everything we make. Some of our sweets are chocolate-filled, which we source from fair trade, bean-to-bar chocolate producers. Unless otherwise specified, we use (65%-72%) dark chocolate. INGREDIENTS ARE LISTED ON OUR PACKAGING.
☞ VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, FAIR TRADE?
Yes, yes, yes. Only exception would be our Milk-Dark Chocolate-Filled Candy Nuts (contain dairy).
☞ WHAT DO YOU USE FOR COLORING?
Unless otherwise specified, we use purple carrot, beet, and turmeric to achieve most of our yellow, orange, peach, pink and purple shades. These are colorings that are healthy and made for food products (they taste good, too!). We use real chocolate to achieve brown, and pure vanilla to achieve some neutral shades. We use artificial to achieve the rest.
If color match and color vibrancy is not an issue, we are happy to use all plant-based tints upon request.
☞ WHEN SHOULD I PLACE MY ORDER FOR MY PLANNED EVENT?
We accept orders up to one year in advance for those that like to check things off.
To avoid schedule conflicts for a planned, special event, we recommend ordering 3-6 months in advance. More time is best for larger orders or deliveries out of the U.S.
If you have a specific request for delivery, please order, leave us the delivery date in the note box. We will get in touch if there is any reason that prevents us from meeting your request.
☞ WHAT ARE THE STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS?
Our candies have great shelf stability, are preserved naturally by good old-fashioned sugar, and will not spoil or "go bad." Like any candy, optimal storage consists of keeping away from prolonged direct sunlight. Heat, humidity and refrigeration can all soften candy, as well. Do not freeze your candy. For optimal results, our sweets should be kept wrapped/sealed as close to the time of display or enjoyment as possible. BASIC STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS ARE ON OUR PACKAGING.
Being inventive, and the satisfaction that comes from doing a job well done, has been distilled in my DNA. Back to my earliest recollection of ancestral history, passed down to me in story form, making do and making much of little has always been the sweet part of my families heritage. Despite relative poverty, or times of abundance, treasures and keepsakes and endless array of artistic expression and craftsmanship have become the lasting results of a handmade heritage. It was my Dad (specifically) though, and my Mom's enthusiastic support that instilled the idea, and the spark of discovery, that a little embellishment here and a dash of this there can transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. We hope to pass on the spark and thrill of the unexpected. And perhaps, through the joint endeavor of our and our customer's creations, we can whip up a new batch of sweet history together. ~Andie
©2016 Andie's Specialty Sweets. There are underlying copyright interests in the various works of authorship associated with this trademark. These copyright and trademark interests may not be reproduced and redistributed, with or without alteration in whole or in part, unless prior written permission is provided.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
Refunds are not given for:
• Undeliverable addresses
• Problems not related to or caused by Andie's Specialty Sweets (i.e. natural disasters, untimely deliveries outside our due diligence, delays in association to rural or remote locations, unforeseen international custom fees).
• Not following handling and storage instructions.
• A gift sent to someone who is out-of-town.
• Change of mind, refused package, or dismissal of shipping notifications.
• Product that has been discarded or consumed.
• Unread emails, failure to read site policies and product descriptions.
• Failure to communicate an important delivery date, and/or our lack of mind reading.
• Blaming us or abusing us for the last two bullet points.
At the end of the day, we're reasonable people folks, just trying to keep a ship afloat. If there is a problem, please let us know.
• Cancellations will be considered on a case by case basis, depending on loss of potential work, time, and materials used or purchased. if you are considering canceling an order, please be considerate of our excluding other potential orders to complete yours. And please be prepared for a partial refund and/or rescheduling fee.
Please note, it is not necessary to open a Paypal account in order to make a purchase. Just follow the prompts through checkout. You will then receive a receipt of purchase immediately following to the email account associated with your Etsy account.
❌ORDERING: We navigate deadlines that have been set in place up to one year in advance, and pre-scheduled micro-batch production runs of over 60 types of specialty candies. These batches are scheduled 2 to 8 weeks apart depending on current demand. If you have a desired ETA or DELIVERY REQUEST, please *make it known to us* Contact us before placing your order or leave that date in the note box, at checkout. If no date is left, we will schedule your order in priority fashion (in order of receiving it). PLEASE NOTE: If no delivery date is left for us or provided by way of immediate follow-up, we assume you are leaving delivery up to us, and we will ship a.s.a.p. Thank you!
❌If placing an order for a major HOLIDAY, please be mindful of holiday breaks effecting production and shipment times, and order well ahead. Or, contact us. We may be able to squeeze you in. Thank you!
• At this time, we use USPS as our official carrier, and Fedex upon request. Items will be shipped to the Etsy confirmed street address. Shipping charges reflect cost of shipping and handling.
• Please let us know immediately if the delivery address provided is in a RURAL AREA or to a destination that requires a longer transit and more postage.
• We are unable to assume responsibility for undeliverable addresses, and untimely deliveries (outside of our due diligence).
• In the unfortunate and rare event of worldwide escalating shipping costs, we will ask our customers to make up the difference before shipment is commenced.
Additional policies and FAQs
RETAILER ALERT Your Consumers must be informed, by law, if the product provided by Andies' Specialty Sweets has been opened and repackaged by anyone other than Andie’s Specialty Sweets. Repackaging a food item affects the quality of the product. This product must not be re-labeled and unidentifiable as Andie’s Specialty Sweets, or “passed off” under another name. This would be considered trademark infringement and/or trade dress infringement. Thank you.
• All of our products are handcrafted, and treated organically in the sculpting process so no two items will be identical. Each item is given extra attention to detail. There may be subtle, color, and shape variations in each piece.
• All of our products are made-to-order. Please be advised, through Summer and Fall there is usually a 2-3 month wait on most items. From January to May there is usually a 3-4 week wait on most items, plus additional time to ship. Some orders may be processed earlier with an additional rush fee. Please contact us with your event date or desired ETA before placing your order and we will discuss all options with you. Thank you!
• If you are looking for custom made decorations, please email us with your request. please help us expedite the experience by including your event date, any pertinent details, pictures, pantones, and/or designs.
• Occasionally, upgrading your order to "Rush" status may take life out of us (depending on our schedule) and only then will we need to charge a fee to compensate for....say....lack of sleep. Try to plan accordingly.
• Please note the date of your Wedding/Special Event in the “note to andie's specialty sweets” box, on the order form, at check out. If we cannot complete your order in time, due to scheduling, we will promptly reimburse you. Unless a date is specified in the "message to seller box", we file our orders into our schedule, in order as payment is received.
•The day your order is placed is the day it is scheduled in based on the information you supply us. If you would like to change the day your order will be shipped, we may be able to do that a month in advanced to the scheduled ship date. Shipping costs may need to be adjusted to accommodate overnight shipping service or a rush fee may need to be applied.
• Please open and inspect your package within 48 hours of delivery.
• In the unfortunate event of escalating shipping costs, we will ask our customers to make up the difference before shipment is commenced.