Ramzi Samara on Jul 26, 2016
Love it! Such precision and perfect finish using high grade material and craftsmanship
natalierpiscopo on Jul 26, 2016
Bartek was very easy to work with. He even custom made the bowtie I was looking for. It arrived in nice packaging and looks better than the photos. I am excited to see my fiancé wearing this on our wedding day!
BartekDesign - a personal dream come true
Everything that you'll find in my shop is the result of the enjoyment I have with my work. It all usually starts with a general outline, inspiration or idea that pops into my head. Then the concept matures in quiet moments, perhaps during a long a walk, train ride or bicycle trip. Sometimes I need the helping hand of ‘Mr. Math’ to figure something out, or perhaps just a pencil and ruler. Then I need to work out the order of cutting, preparing and sewing of each step. Choosing fabrics is one of the most enjoyable moments for me, with the childlike wonder of going on a treasure hunt. What will I find, and how will I find it? I spend a lot of time traveling regularly to one of the oldest markets in the world in Utrecht, a city in the Netherlands, looking for fabrics. Sometimes the fabrics I use are brought to me by my friends who travel all over the world…. The last step is to of course sew and bring it all together. I also enjoy the production process itself, working in a small studio with big windows overlooking the garden – so my working environment is a perfect place to be.
Because of my working methods, all bow ties and bags are limited editions, with some even being created as single pieces for special requests.
I have to be happy with everything produced by my needle and thread; otherwise it won’t reach my store. Only when I have achieved the desired effect I am looking for can I really sit back and enjoy what I have made. Of course, it is also a great experience when others sense what I trying to do and appreciate my work with a nice comment, purchase or ‘heart.’.
Owner, Maker, Designer, Curator
After working in the business world, I decided to follow my dreams and create a brand called BartekDesign. Everything I create is a product of my passion and delight in making things and sharing them with others who appreciate hand made workmanship.
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
- Shipping costs are not refundable
Frequently asked questions
Custom and personalized orders
- You see a pre tied bow tie and you want self tie bow tie? Please ask me. Some fabrics I have a limited amount, and I can not always sew a different pattern or size.
- Are you looking for a children bow tie? Feel free to ask.
- On most handkerchiefs is the ability to embroider initials for an extra charge.
- All bow ties have adjustable strip up to 20 inches (51 cm)
- Bow tie for kids? Feel free to ask.
Bow Ties & Handkerchiefs:
hand wash only with soft detergent
no thumble dryer
iron max ** (two dots)
Gift wrapping and packaging
- Each bow tie is packed in a box.
- An invoice is included to every packing. If you want it seperatly to your e-mail send me message asap.
- Additional decorative packaging is free of charge. It is a colorful paper and possibly white sticker with a short handwritten note.
Feel free to ask.