Announcement Handmade bags, purses and personalised items
Handmade bags, purses and personalised items
Green striped tote beach bag, aqua beach bag, stripey bag, stripey tote, stripy bag, stripy tote, stripey beach, stripy beach, striped bag,
Summer tote bag aqua and cream, beach bag, summer holiday bag, beach tote, bag for holidays, rope handles tote bag
Handmade Fox Picture, Framed Textile Freestanding or Wall Decor Appliqué of Wildlife Fox, Free Motion Embroidery Wild Fox Cub Home Decor
Female Duck Picture, Framed Textile Freestanding or Wall Decor Appliqué of Peaceful Duck, Free Motion Embroidery Lady Duck Home Decor
Mallard Duck Picture, Framed Textile Freestanding or Wall Decor Appliqué of Quacking Duck, Free Motion Embroidery Male Duck Home Decor
Pug Dog Picture, Framed Textile Freestanding or Wall Decor Fabric Appliqué of Pug Breed Dog, Free Motion Embroidery of Puppy for Home Decor
Rainbow Picture, Framed Textile Freestanding or Wall Decor Appliqué of Rainbow and Clouds, Free Motion Embroidery Rain Raindrops Home Decor
Spaniel Picture, Framed Textile Freestanding or Wall Decor Appliqué of Cockerpoo or Cavapoo, Free Motion Embroidery Puppy Dog Home Decor
Badger Picture, Framed Textile Freestanding or Wall Decor Appliqué of Wildlife Badger, Free Motion Embroidery Woodland Animal Home Decor
I was lucky to have a very creative and carefree childhood. Always making something, naturally this led to creative qualifications in school and an Art Foundation course at college. I graduated from Sheffield Hallam University with a degree in Metalwork and Jewellery Design and a PGCE specialising in Design Technology. To support myself through university I worked in the workshop of a local contemporary jewellery designer producing her designs in copper, pewter, silver and gold.
Over the years, I've taught a range of creative subjects both in secondary schools and adult education including - woodwork, jewellery and textiles. I left teaching several years ago to start a family. I love being a mummy and all that entails but missed the creativity of my 'old life' and so I started to sew. I used any spare moment I could to look at craft books and sew my own projects while my first child was napping. I was drawn to bags in particular and it wasn't long before I started drafting my own bag patterns. I first had the idea for Belovedly in 2009 and started to build the foundations of my little business.
A year later my second child arrived and life became very busy. My Belovedly business took a back seat for a few years but it was always in the back of my mind. Thinking of new ideas and designs and jotting them down in my sketchbook until I had time to start making again.
Now my children are both settled in school and I have more energy and time to spend in pursuit of my passion for designing, making and running my business. I have a sunny (and quite messy!) little sewing studio with colourful, stripy curtains and a nice view of a blossoming plum tree where I while away the hours designing, drafting all my own patterns and sewing on my gorgeous vintage Bernina sewing machine.
I love to make a wide range of attractive and useful things. I freely admit that I have a bit of an obsession with animals and the seaside - all sorts of animals so naturally they often feature in my work. I like to use contrasting colours and bold, patterned fabrics. Appliqué and freehand machine embroidery are also a passion of mine and I love to gradually build up an image out of scraps of fabric. I take inspiration from spending time with my children playing, having days out and going on holiday with them.
If you would like to see more you can find me in the following places -
If you have any questions about my work you can convo me on Etsy or contact me at alison [!at] belovedly.co.uk
Working from my home studio in Derbyshire UK I lovingly design and carefully handmake a range of items for you to treasure or gift. I work mainly in new and vintage textiles.
I hope you find something you love.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
I don't accept cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Returns and exchange details
To qualify for a refund the item must be non-custom, unused and in the same condition it was received, with tags attached.
Postage and return postage costs will only be refunded in the unlikely event that an item is faulty or damaged in transit.
If you encounter any problems making payment please let me know and I'll do my best to assist you.
If you need your item by a certain date and/or wish to upgrade to signed for or a faster postal service please contact me before placing your order for a quote.
UK CUSTOMERS - Orders within the UK will be sent using Royal Mail first class or a courier for larger items. Custom orders will be sent using Royal Mail signed for first class.
OVERSEAS CUSTOMERS - For overseas orders please allow a reasonable time frame for them to arrive - usually 10-14 days but it could be up to 6 weeks. Items will be untracked and any customs or duty charges or similar fees are to be paid for by the buyer I will not be held liable for them. If you would like to upgrade to a tracked service please let me know for a quote before ordering.
Additional policies and FAQs
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order for example), if you contact me directly.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Alison David, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at alison [!at] belovedly.co.uk. Alternatively you may write to me at 569 Chatsworth Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S40 3JX, UK.