Cubecone on Oct 21, 2016
The mini Ghost Cat is absolutely adorable!! Even cuter than the picture with those big blue eyes. Very well made with much attention to every detail. Shipping was extremely fast and wonderful customer service. Very, very happy with my purchase. Thank you so much!!
black and white and grey and purple
Hi, I'm Tara.
I like bones and licorice and bats and cats. This is my etsy shop.
I have a second shop: Blackforestcake, a digital download shop featuring my digital illustrations. More child friendly, sweeter and less skeleton-y.
Here is the junk from my "profile" which I so kindly cut and pasted here so you don't have to click around.
Blacklilypie is Tara Fortin.
I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
My website and shop: http://www.blacklilypie.com
-blacklilypie.com has items not listed here on Etsy. Come and take a look!
- redbubble is where my designs are professionally printed on a TON of neat stuff. T-shirts,iphone cases,home goods, prints, totebags and MORE.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Blacklilypie
I studied Illustration at the Ontario College of Art and Design in Toronto.
I now live in Ottawa, Canada. The blacklilypie studio is now in a fix-er-upper house I am slowly painting black and white.
Everything in my shop is my original designs. That includes printed fabrics, images on pins, all packaging and all patterns for stuffed toys.
What is a Batcat??
Batcat was created by me when I was in University, and I have been drawing them ever since.
Batcat is a monster, but a nice(ish) monster, which never hurts anyone, but can make a lot problems.
Batcat eats a lot of sugar. Batcat might be a fairy? A Canadian fairy?
Batcat isn't really his name, he IS a batcat. :-)
People ask me questions about things, so here are some answers...
Stuff I use for artwork:
camera- Sony a6000 (its fancy, and I am not great at using it)
- OLD AS HECK 24 inch iMac.
-I use an Wacom Intuos 4
-I have an iPad Pro that I have started inking digital stuff on. Its neat!
paint- liquitex professional acrylic artist colour (I never use watercolour, people always ask) I use a hairdryer a lot when painting.
board- whatever illustration board is on sale at the art supply store.
ink- Staedtler pigment liners or Liquitex professional acrylic ink
sewing machines- I have TWO vintage Singer Touch & Sew Deluxe Zig-Zag/Model 758 (1970) One from my Grandma (I call her Bernice) and my second one is Bernard. :-)
wool felt- I make my own from recycled sweaters
button machine- 1" Button Maker Machine Tecre Model #100
fuel- Dr. Pepper and episodes of Supernatural and Sherlock
Owner, Maker, Designer
I am the creator of everything in this shop, from idea to final packaging. I am covered in paint. Been selling on Etsy since 2006.
I have tried to lay out all the info I think you might need when you buy from my shop. If you don't see an answer to your question here, please don't hesitate to contact me through the "Conversation" feature of your Etsy account, or at tara(at)tarafortin.com. I am nice! :-)
- For biography info see my "Profile"
***********Print Quality Information************
-I print in house! (Which means I personally print each art print.)
-My prints are open edition, with the exception of ACEO's
-My prints are high resolution, printed on a quality Epson photo printer.
-I use Epson heavyweight matte photo paper, and the images are crisp and vibrant.
-My prints have a permanence rating of 97 years under glass, or 133 years under UV filter glass. If for some reason you kept them in an album, they have a permanence rating of over 200 years.
-I sign and date in pencil on the back of all prints.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
-If you are buying multiple items and your shipping seems like way too much, you can always send me a conversation before buying and I can check for a a more accurate quote.
- If you want to cancel your purchase, just contact me and I can undo the sale though Etsy. No hard feelings! We all change our minds sometimes.
-I am a Canadian! So please keep that in mind when you see my shipping costs.
- If you need expedited shipping you can add the item to your cart and see if I have already included a shipping upgrade. If you don't see one , but still want faster shipping, please contact me and I will give you a quote.
- Smaller items do not have a tracking number. This is because I use the cheapest AIR shipping service I can. If you want a tracking number, I can upgrade your shipping. Convo me, I can make it happen.
- I often use recycled packaging (boxes, bubble wrap, cardboard) but I make sure your items are wrapped in clean and new material, and are safe and secure. I ship prints in flat bend proof mailers with the print in a clear plastic self sealing sleeve.
- I do not offer pick up to local people.
- I ship anywhere in the world! BUT I do reserve the right to refuse to ship to any location.
- All customs fees are the buyers responsibility. I always fill out customs fees with the correct price you paid, and will not put "gift."
- If the purchase is a gift, I will ship to the giftee's address, but you become responsible for the package once I ship it.
- I usually ship next day after payment.
Refunds and Exchanges
- Please let me know as soon as possible that you would like a refund, within 2 weeks of receiving the item.
- If item has been damaged in the mail, please let me know. This hardly EVER happens, so I work it out on a case by case basis.
Additional policies and FAQs
- My home and studio is NOT pet free. I have cats. They are allowed in my studio. I always store finished items sealed in a clean and cat free location. I always wash all recycled wool felt. If you have severe allergies or sensitivities, please be aware.
What you are purchasing from my shop is a license to use the images you buy, not the copyright to the images. Please respect the terms, do not distribute or share these images or claim them as your own. I am always available to clarify any of the terms below, please feel free to contact me if you are unsure.
Each listing is clearly marked with Personal Use, or Commercial Use.
Any item purchased from this shop is yours to use for any of your personal projects. You can print it out, or use it again and again, for as long as you like. As long as it is for your friends and family, and you are not selling it, you are free to do what you wish.
Some examples of what would be Personal Use are:
-family scrapbooking, digital or printed out -invitations, cards, birthday decorations, banners, announcements -prints, posters, stickers,
-t-shirts, transfer graphics, fabric, (ONLY one of a kind, files not available to the public)
-wedding invites, decor -personal blog graphics, facebook graphics, other personal social networking site graphics
Teachers / Education / Clubs Teachers/education/church/clubs, please feel free to use any items for your classroom as personal use, as long as the images are not distributed to other groups. Please do not share with other educators or upload to any groups/sites which share graphics.
Only when graphics are marked as "For Commercial Use" can you use images purchased in my shop on items you plan to sell, or as graphics for your business. This licence was designed for sole proprietorship small business, who produce small runs of items (under 1000 items), or personally create designs. This commercial use is not for business with multiple employees or that use third party manufacturing/mass manufacturing. The images should be part of a design, not a separate, removable element.
Some examples of Commercial Use are:
-paper goods or digital goods (invitations, cards, stickers, art prints) that you design or make for clients
-business materials for your own business, or for other sole proprietorship clients (postcards, business cards, etsy shop banners, shop blog banners, advertisements, flyers, product packaging)
-pre-designed scrapbook pages, digital or printed, templates, etc
-patterns or kits of any sort
If you make or design something to sell, and it includes graphics purchased from this shop, it will be considered commercial.
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD PLEASE READ
Do NOT share, copy, distribute or lend these images. Copies for your own personal use are fine, I even encourage you to backup the images you purchase onto disk or alternate drives.
Do NOT add purchased images to digital stamp packs, or use images to create graphics collections, clip art collections, photoshop brushes.
Do NOT upload to sites that print on demand. (Like Zazzle, society6, redbubble, cafepress) or any sites that host/share images (flickr, tumblr, facebook, etc) Unless the image is set to private and is for personal use only. (Example: Having a single t-shirt printed)
Do NOT claim these images as your own. If you are sharing personal use items you have made online, please credit http://blackforestcake.etsy.com if possible. If sharing commercial use items, please only share low quality images, to minimize theft.
Do NOT design goods for wholesale.
Confused? Not sure? Scared?!!! :-)
There are a lot of terms and conditions here to take it, and if you are confused by a term, or have questions about something not covered here, please feel free to send a CONVERSATION through easy. There is a link on your receipt, or click "Contact" at http://blacklilypie.etsy.com
or email tara [!at] tarafortin.com
All images are copyright Tara Fortin 2015