BluebirdUpholstery is taking a short break
5 out of 5 stars
Satisfies the urge to travel back in time.
5 out of 5 stars
Satisfies the urge to travel back in time.
Charlotte on May 19, 20225 out of 5 stars
Lovely item which was dispatched super fast and arrived in perfect condition. Thank you!
Elizabeth on May 12, 20225 out of 5 stars
A well made cushion, in beautiful colours, I'm very pleased with my purchase. It arrived very quickly and was packed safely and securely. I recommend this seller.
Nell on Dec 17, 20215 out of 5 stars
As beautiful as the one I ordered last year! Impeccably made, I adore it!
Caroline on Feb 4, 20215 out of 5 stars
Arrived on time.good quality
Nell on Jan 9, 20215 out of 5 stars
A beautifully sewn cushion that the recipient (it was a gift) was utterly delighted with. I want to buy something again!
Jason on Jan 2, 20215 out of 5 stars
We love the footstool . Great service and well made.
Nicola Hill on Aug 15, 20205 out of 5 stars
Nicely made, beautiful fabric. Looks fabulous against my Emerald Green velvet chair. Prompt delivery too.
My Upholstery journey so far...
Bluebird Upholstery is me; Imogen. Originally from The Cotswolds, I moved to Liverpool 20 years ago to study Fine Art, and never left! I worked in admin for years but always longed to channel my creativity & make a living using my hands….
On a whim, I signed up for an upholstery evening class in 2009 and knew instantly that I’d found what I wanted to do. I loved the tools, the materials, the processes, the attention to detail… I started an accredited qualification through the AMUSF (Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers) following redundancy, and was awarded a QEST Scholarship in 2012 which enabled me to complete my training. I then volunteered for a local upholsterer, gradually taking on paid jobs as my skill level and confidence increased, and set up Bluebird Upholstery (name inspired from a favourite song by my idol Dolly Parton).
I’m very lucky to be based in a shared workshop situated in the beautiful Georgian Quarter of the city. A stones throw from the Anglican Cathedral and the Café Culture of Hope Street.
What I love most about upholstery has been acquiring a skill. As a craftsperson there is always more to learn and you (hopefully) continue to improve. Each new piece brings new challenges, I frequently refer to my training notes/ books/ other upholsterers, to work out the best way of doing something. I was very honoured in 2018 to be included in the book A Celebration of British Craftsmanship; my greatest achievement to date.
I love taking a customers’ well loved but worn out piece of furniture, and transforming it. I am trained in both traditional and modern upholstery, but my particular passion is for Mid-Century-Modern chairs; well built and practical pieces, but beautifully designed too, often with a sparse, clean shape which really lends itself to bold fabric choices.
As well as upholstering furniture, I make handmade lampshades and cushions. I enjoy combining vintage and modern fabrics, to create unique, beautiful & unusual items for your home. I search auctions, charity shops and vintage shows for the right fabrics; some of my all time favourites being Vintage Japanese Kimono fabrics and Welsh wool tapestry.
Accepted payment methods
Returns & exchanges
I want to get your order to you as soon as possible so please pay at the time of purchase.
If your payment isn't received within 3 days of placing your order, I will have to cancel your order.
All orders will be shipped within 3 business days upon receipt of payment.
Orders for cushions and lampshades:
- Within UK these will be sent by Royal Mail Second Class Signed for service and should arrive within 2-3 working days after dispatch.
Orders for footstools:
- Within UK these will be sent by Parcelforce, and should arrive within 48 hours of dispatch.
Orders for furniture:
I will deliver items for free, within Merseyside. If you live elsewhere, please contact me for a shipping quote. I can either deliver to you personally for a fee, or arrange delivery via a carefully selected courier. Customers are also welcome to collect items from my workshop which is based in Liverpool city centre.
If you need your item delivered by a specific date please email me at imogenwoodings [!at] gmail.com and I will do my best to fulfill your delivery needs.
I send cushions in plastic mailers or padded envelopes, and footstools/ lampshades in a box with bubble wrap or other materials inside to provide cushioning. I try to re-use and recycle where I can.
Any international customs duties, taxes, broker fees are the responsibility of the buyer.
Additional policies and FAQs
Vintage fabrics are atleast 20 years old and often used, some fabrics will have seen more use than others, this adds to the charm and character of the item. I always use fabrics that are clean and in good condition. All my items are made at home in a pet and smoke-free environment.
Gift-wrapping - Please leave me a message at the checkout if the item is a gift, I will giftwrap it and I can include a hand-written label if you let me know what you would like to say.
Information I Collect:
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
· I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
· when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
· if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
· Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
· Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
· Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
· Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
· Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
· Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
· Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Imogen Woodings, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at imogenwoodings [!at] gmail.com Alternately, you may mail me at:
Imogen Woodings, Bluebird Upholstery, 46 Pilgrim Street, Liverpool, L1 9HB