★ FREE Standard U.S. Shipping for orders $35+
★Join our Newsletter for a discount off your first order: http://eepurl.com/djqfBX
★ FREE Standard U.S. Shipping for orders $35+
★Join our Newsletter for a discount off your first order: http://eepurl.com/djqfBX
Barn Owl Mug - Reading a Book by Candlelight Boho Farmhouse style handmade pottery
$60.00 FREE shipping
Judy on Nov 21, 20225 out of 5 stars
Love the feel of this mug, very well made. Was exactly as described.
Joan on Nov 19, 20225 out of 5 stars
Love this mug! It has a good heft to it without feeling chunky, and a nicely shaped handle that is comfortable to hold and that shows the handmade quality. The mushroom design is beautiful and I appreciate that it's on both sides of the mug, not just one side.
KVMayberry1 on Nov 3, 20225 out of 5 stars
I have come to this seller to buy gifts multiple times because of the beauty and quality of their work.
Jacob on Nov 2, 20225 out of 5 stars
New standard has been set for mugs. Between the design and weight in your hands it is a lovely experience.
M on Oct 28, 20225 out of 5 stars
This is the third time I've ordered from this shop and every mug has been absolutely gorgeous and high quality. Thank you!
jeremyjohnson829 on Oct 27, 20225 out of 5 stars
Awesome 👏 I love the sand blasting technique and look. Perfect mug.
Alex on Sep 12, 20225 out of 5 stars
This reminds me of my sister's cat Blue. I bought one for her a few years ago & now I've got one for myself! Great quality, fast & safe shipping. Highly recommend B& B.
Shannon on Jul 1, 20225 out of 5 stars
This glass is beautiful! It's the perfect gift for my partner from central Oregon. The etching is high quality and precise. There was originally a small mistake with the order, and the seller was very communicative and fixed it immediately. I will definitely be buying from this seller again for other gifts in the future.
Lisa on Nov 26, 20225 out of 5 stars
Absolutely beautiful mugs. Shipping was quick. I'm very happy.
Sandcarved Drinkware for Comfort & Integrity by Amanda Siska
We believe coffee, tea, beer, and spirits are not meant to be guzzled, but should be savored. These are things that make life enjoyable, and our drinkware enhances these everyday feelings of contentment.
Amanda Siska started Bread and Badger LLC in 2006 to nourish the soul, and remind you of special events while you sip your favorite beverages. Every new product is tested in our own home before we offer it for sale, so we're confident that it will live up to your expectations.
We offer a wide range of stock designs for different interests which can be purchased as-is on our various drinkware styles, or personalized for special occasions. We specialize in custom animal portraits, from pets to the exotic, and have many years experience turning logos into sandblasting stencils that can be reordered whenever you need client or company gifts.
Stay updated on our newest designs by joining our mailing list, since and you won't want to miss the opportunity to get your new favorite cup.
WHAT DOES "BREAD AND BADGER" MEAN?
The term “bread and butter” means to provide a steady income and financial stability. I wanted to be the backbone for my little family, and make sure we were always provided for, even in uncertain times.
"Bread and butter" is also basic sustenance. Our products nourish the soul with designs that make you feel happy, and remind you of special events while you take your meals and sip your favorite beverages. We believe coffee, tea, beer, and spirits are not meant to be guzzled, but should be enjoyed and savored. These are things that make life most enjoyable, and our drinkware is meant to enhance these feelings of contentment.
The word “badger” came into our name because I was inspired by the honey badger. Honey badgers are fearless creatures that will not back down from a fight, and are impervious to venom. Running a small business is never easy, and I’m inspired every day by those tough little animals that can take on so much that other animals fear.
Owner, Designer, Maker
I started Bread and Badger because I wanted to work for myself. I design all the artwork, sandblast every item, and do everything else too. I love food and drinks of every variety, fiber crafts, yoga, reading, and challenging myself.
Grayling Ceramics hand-forms mugs on a pottery wheel, which I engrave with my original designs. These mugs are exceptionally uniform in size, and smooth all over.
We engrave high-quality glassware made by Libbey for our classic barware line. These are thick, restaurant-quality glasses, meant to be used every day. The pint glasses are rim-tempered for safety and durability.
Little Tomato Glass
Little Tomato blows glass in a small Portland foundry, which I sandcarve my original art onto.
Marck & Associates
We engrave high-quality stoneware mugs made by Marck & Associates for our budget line. They meet or exceed all safety requirements for lead and cadmium, including strict CA prop 65 guidelines.
Ruby Farms Pottery
Husband and wife team who make pottery which I sandcarve my original art onto.
Sticker App prints stickers I design.
Sticker Mules prints stickers I design.
The Whistling Octopus
Chelsie Corey (The Whistling Octopus) makes slab-formed pottery to my specifications, which I sandcarve my original art onto.
I'm Amanda Siska, the artist and owner of Bread and Badger. I design, sandblast, ship, photograph, and do everything else around here. :)
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at info [!at] breadandbadger.com.
Alternately, you may mail me at (where you can also arrange to pick up your order for free):
11534 SE Hawthorne St
Portland, OR 97216
★ Join Our Newsletter ★
Accepted payment methods
Returns & exchanges
Most orders will be shipped USPS Priority Mail (approx. 1-3 business days) or UPS SurePost or Ground (approx. 2-10 business days). We cannot refund shipping charges for unclaimed packages or returns.
Additional policies and FAQs
The Site collects information on you in two ways:
1. The information that you manually provide us by filling out a contact form ("Convo"), signing up for our email list, creating an account, or making a purchase in our shop. This information can be tied directly to you because of the information you’ve provided. We may also collect information about you when you post content to our pages/feeds on third - party social media sites.
2. The information that’s automatically collected via our third-party partners: Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Etsy, ShipStation, Pinterest, and Facebook. When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
The types of information collected here include things like your location, what pages you visit on our website, which email campaigns you click on or interact with. Generally, our third-party partners only give us this information in the aggregate (e.g. it’s not identifiable to you) but sometimes this information can be directly tied to you when you open or click on an email we’ve sent, or made a purchase.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Use of Information
We collect this information to improve your website experience and so we can better serve you by creating content and products that you love. The information collected here is only shared with our trusted third-party partners when necessary to provide you with the products or services you’ve requested.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Ship your purchase;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- We use Device and Order Information for advertising/retargeting purposes
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Bread and Badger LLC and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- When you participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Bread and Badger or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We do our best to protect your sensitive personal information. We protect it by using SSL security installed on our website, and partnering with Paypal and Shopify to process and store your credit card information so we never see your credit card number.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as outlined below.
If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at
info [!at] breadandbadger.com, but note that some information you provide through the Services may continue to be accessible (e.g., comments you submit through the Services) and that we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our Services Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by sending an email to info [!at] breadandbadger.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional
communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at info [!at] breadandbadger.com or by mail using the details provided below:
11534 SE Hawthorne St, Portland, OR, 97216, United States