factorycat on Nov 27, 2014
The Smiley Oracle is wonderful and beautifully made. It is small, but feels substantial. And the premise of it is delightful--it's fun to pick it up, thumb through it and see which smiley will appear. As for the other part of my order, the threads, nothing even comes close for bookbinding. They seem expensive, but the quality they add to a handmade book makes them worth it. The colors look better in person than they did on the screen. Beautiful! There's nothing as nice as working with quality materials! We are lucky this seller makes these fabulous materials available to us. That, and my custom listing was quickly put together with this communicative and helpful seller. It arrived in California from England faster than many things that are mailed from elsewhere in the US. Very, very happy with my purchase! Great seller!
Büchertiger Studio & Press
Büchertiger Studio & Press is one of those One-Woman Etsy-Shops: I make the books, I photograph them, write the description that goes into the etsy listing, and it will be me who packs your order and brings it to the local post office.
I founded Büchertiger (it means book tiger in German) in 2007 after binding my thesis by hand, and discovering that I wanted to do nothing but bind books from now on.
Over the years my books changed their appearance a little, and now in addition to making blank books I also make art and books with content, write bookbinding instructions, and teach different techniques. In my second shop Büchertiger Supplies I am selling bookbinding and art materials that I found hard to find when I started out, and hope others enjoy them and find a way into the world of bookbinding, too.
My studio moved three times since its first beginnings, and I just recently moved with Büchertiger into a refurbished old wash house.
But through all changes, one mission remained the same: I want to bring beautifully bound books and beautiful papers into the hands of everyone. Because no-one should wait using good materials until they are more serious in what they do: By using good paper and art materials your art will grow.
Owner, Maker, Designer, Photography And Everything Else
Hi, this is the woman running Büchertiger Studio & Press. I am a mostly self trained book artist, bookbinder, writer, and printmaker. In my art I explore the book format and investigate what a book can be.
All my journals are designed to hold up to daily use, and to last for a life time (and longer). All new materials and glues that I use are of archival quality, and the binding techniques are selected to insure that the books open and close, stand on the shelf or being carried around in your bag with as few stress on the integral parts of the binding as possible.
Learn more about me and my work on my homepage:
or see some work in progress on my blog:
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
(2) Items get sent after I received your payment. Etsy works such that you cannot finalize your purchase without starting the payment process, but sometimes it takes a while until payment gets through. If y payment is not processed in 14 days, and I have not head from you about the reasons, I migth cancel a transaction.
(3) Should your purchase have been by mistake or contain false information, incorrect shipment information in particular, please contact me immediately so that I can change the information or cancel the sale.
If a package is undeliverable due to an inaccurate shipping address provided by the buyer, or if a package is unclaimed by the buyer, I cannot be held responsible. The buyer will therefore be responsible for the cost of (re-)shipping the package.
(4) If your items get shipped to a destination outside the Schengen-area, customs may be due. They have to be paid at your country's tax office, and vary with the destination. I have no control over them, and they are your responsibility.
(1) Items are send via Royal Mail. I will inform you when your items get into the mail, and let you know the tracking data if applicable.
(2) If your items get shipped to a destination outside the EU, customs may be due. They have to be paid at your country's tax office, and vary with the destination. I have no control over them, and they are your responsibility.
Furthermore you have to make sure that you are allowed to import the items you purchase. I can not be held responsible for items held by customs.
If you have questions or doubts about that you can also contact me, and I will try to help you to figure out what you are allowed to import.
(3) Usually I ship out in new container boxes or envelopes. But I also recycle as much packaging material as possible and sometimes sent out orders in used or handmade boxes. Filling material is usually re-used packaging material and might be paper or plastic. If you have preferences regarding packaging material, please let me know via convo or during checkout.
(4) I carry the risk of the item being lost on the way. Meaning you get a full refund for items which do not reach you. All delivery times that I give you at the time of dispatch are estimates, and it takes longer until Royal Mail (and therefore I) regard a parcel as not-delivered. Do contact me immediately, though, if you have any concerns about something not reaching you, and I will then walk you through all steps.
All claims regarding non-reception must be made within five months after you placed your order to be eligible for a refund.
Refunds and Exchanges
If you are dissatisfied with an item please contact me so that we can discuss a refund. I treat all of my goods that reach me through the mail as returns. However, please do contact me before sending your items back, it makes things so much easier and clearer for everyone. Generally I'll take back my works as long as
a) you contacted me within 14 days after reception (or the items reached me within 14 days)
b) you ship according to my instructions
c) they reach me in the state I sent them to you. (That means, I won't take a book back in which you already wrote, your child scribbled, if a page is ripped out, something was glued to it, or the like.)
If you are within the EU I will refund all of your costs, including shipment and return shipment if you have reason to be dissatisfied with the quality of the product.
EXTENDED REFUND POLICY:
If you want to give your item back for any other reason, simply because you have changed your mind, because the one that was supposed to receive the gift has not invited you to the party, or for any reason other than a lack in quality: In that case you can still contact me, cancel your sale within 14 days, and after doing so send the item back to me according to my instructions. If it reaches me in the state I sent them to you I'll refund the purchase price of the product including shipping costs (if part of a larger delivery this can be tricky to work out, but we'll find a way), but not return shipment costs.
In particular you can cancel your purchase free of charge if you do so before it goes into the mail.
Custom made items are excluded from the extended refund policy.
That means, you have of course still the right to receive a fix, refund or replacement for items that lack in quality, but you may not give them back just because you don't want them anymore.
Additional policies and FAQs
All items are made in a smoke- and pet-free surrounding.
Would you like a guarantee with your book?
I am sure my books will hold up to a lifetime on the shelf or in personal use. If you want a written guarantee with your book, let me know, and we will discuss the details.