Announcement Check my new OVERSIZED Extra Large Abstract Paintings for Sale! Original Modern and Contemporary Abstract Art by Carmen Guedez. Flowers, Landscapes, Impressionism, Music Art, Wine Deco, Geometric Art and more. Plenty of Texture. 100% Hand-Made Wall Art. Giclee Canvas and Poster Prints also available. FREE SHIPPING!!!
Check my new OVERSIZED Extra Large Abstract Paintings for Sale! Original Modern and Contemporary Abstract Art by Carmen Guedez. Flowers, Landscapes, Impressionism, Music Art, Wine Deco, Geometric Art and more. Plenty of Texture. 100% Hand-Made Wall Art. Giclee Canvas and Poster Prints also available. FREE SHIPPING!!!
Glory Dolphin Hammes on May 4, 2015
The texture of this piece is quite captivating.
Genevieve Martinez on Jan 7, 2015
This piece of art is stunning and very high quality. This was the first time we purchase art through Etsy and were concerned about the quality. But Carmen is an amazing artist very creative and professional. This painting looks beautiful, it was easy to hang, and arrived fast and in perfect shape. Carmen took great care in packing the three canvases. They were very well protected.
Abstract Art Artist
Original Modern Paintings, photo posters and canvas prints for Sale: Flowers Art, Landscapes, Music Art, Geometrical and more.
ABSTRACT ART BY CARMEN GUEDEZ Carmen is a self-taught artist from Raleigh, NC. She has participated in many exhibitions and sold her artwork in countries such as UK, Canada, Sweden, Slovakia, Australia, Denmark, Japan, Finland, Mexico & Venezuela.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question. Thanks!
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Taxes and duties charges are not included in the item price or shipping costs. Buyer is responsible for all taxes and duties. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying. These charges are normally collected by the delivering shipping company or when you pick the item up. Do not confuse them with additional shipping charges. Only "Original Artwork" is duty free to Canada. I do not mark the merchandise value below value or mark items as 'gifts' as it is illegal according to US and International Government regulations.
- Sale Tax will be applied in the State of North Carolina.
- PO Box, APO, FPO or DPO are not accepted.
- Multiple items will be shipped together when possible.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING ONLY:
- I ship Worldwide. Paintings are shipped "rolled" (except to Canada), in a sturdy tube, outside the Continental US. For some countries/cities, extra shipping charges may be required to deliver artwork. In this case, I will contact you if needed. I am not responsible for shipping delays or omissions caused by the carrier or your country's customs.
- Taxes and duties charges are not included in the item price or shipping costs. Buyer is responsible for all taxes and duties. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying. These charges are normally collected by the delivering shipping company or when you pick the item up. Do not confuse them with additional shipping charges. Only "Original Artwork" is duty free to Canada. We do not mark the merchandise value below value or mark items as 'gifts' as it is illegal according to US and International Government regulations.
Refunds and Exchanges
- If your work of art is damaged during the shipping process, please retain the box/tube, artwork, all packaging materials and documents, as they will be needed to process the insurance claim with the shipping company. Claims must be properly filed within 5 days with the delivering carrier online or at your local post office. In the event that damage does occur to your item, please contact me as soon as possible.
- Wrong Address: If the address provided by the customer is wrong or incomplete, and USPS, UPS or any carrier, fail to deliver a package, the customer will need to pay the shipping charges to get the artwork re-sent. If carrier re-routes the package to the customer, the charges for the service as imposed on us will be passed on to the customer and the customer agrees to pay such and/or authorizes us to charge his/her credit card for such charges.
- Stolen Packages: If a package is left by the carrier on a doorstep, and it is stolen, we will not be held responsible.
- Unclaimed Shipments: If the package is at the carrier's office unclaimed by the receiver or the package is deemed "undeliverable", and returned to us; in that case, the receiver will be responsible for the additional shipping and handling cost for re-sending the package again.
Additional policies and FAQs
What medium do you use to create your paintings?
I mostly use acrylics and oil paint solvents. Other mediums like molding or modeling pastes and gels are also applied to some of my artwork. I use high gloss varnish to protect the paintings for years. Some amount of mineral spirits, turpentine or turpenoid can be found on my paintings. If you are allergic to any of these mediums and/or solvents, please contact me before purchasing the artwork.
Are the borders of the canvas painted?
All Paintings have painted borders. Sometimes the painting continues on the sides of the canvas and in other cases the borders are painted with a specific color like black or dark brown, depending on the artwork. If you need information about the borders of a particular painting, please contact me.
What is the difference between "Stretched Canvas" and "Unstretched Canvas"?
"Stretched Canvas" is where the canvas wraps around the sides, stretcher bar or strainer bars, and no frame is needed, just hang it. "Unstretched Canvas" is where the stretcher bar or strainer bars are missing and the artwork needs to either be stretched or framed in other to be hung.
What is an "Oversized Painting"?
Paintings equal or larger than 48" x 36" (one single panel) are considered "Oversized". Additional shipping fees may be required.
Is the image shown on the listing the exact artwork I will receive?
- Yes, for Original Paintings.
- No, for Canvas and Posters. Print images are for reference only. In order to assure the highest quality, I only print on demand and carefully inspect it.
Will the colors match what I see on my monitor?
Paintings are photographed with a digital SLR camera to ensure accuracy. Different monitors may display the colors of the photo slightly differently. If you need an exact color match, please contact me.
Will you make a custom painting for me?
Yes, I accept commissions. You may select the colors and/or style of mine that you are interested in, and I will paint an original on canvas in the size you request. Each original is unique, an never an exact duplicate of another.
Commissioned artwork must be paid within 3 days after the listing is posted, otherwise, it will available for sale to other potential buyers. If you need more time, please send me a message.
Why did my painting arrive warped?
Since all my original paintings are stretched using natural wood, they are affected by environmental conditions. I check every painting before I paint, and sometimes there is a minimal dent in the wooden bars. Wood is inherently susceptible to fluctuations in moisture, cold and heat. A canvas that may have been perfectly square at the manufacturer warehouse or my studio, it may arrive warped at its final destination, if during the shipping process; it was exposed to heat, cold, and/or humidity.
What is a Giclee Print?
Giclee prints connote an elevation in printmaking technology using archival pigmented-inks to create excellent image stability. Each reproduction is created individually with inks that drop in a micro fine mist of minute droplets, capturing the true color (full color spectrum) and the finest nuances of the original painting. Giclee prints are the most beautiful and accurate. The colors are brighter, details are crisper and overall quality is superior compared to most common commercial prints.
How do you Hand Embellished Canvas Prints?
For my hand embellished prints, I use real acrylic paints and mediums to add highlights and textures. I don't allow printmakers to apply the paint like other artists. Please do NOT expect the whole canvas print to be embellished, only some key areas are highlighted and textured. Some prints may have more paint than other, as each artwork is unique. If you need more detailed information/images about a particular print, please contact me.
Are the Giclee Canvas Limited Edition Prints?
Yes, only 50 canvas prints of my original sold painting are produced. I personally hand numbered and signed each one at the bottom of the print.
Are the Posters Limited Edition Prints?
No, all my fine art poster prints on paper are open edition. I personally signed and embossed each one.
What is an embossed logo?
Embossing is an artistic technique that creates a raised, 3-D image, on a piece of paper. Frequently used in official or notarized documents. An embossed logo can be difficult to forge, ensuring that the document is official and distinctive.
- I keep the right to advertise, distribute and make any reproductions of my artwork, including similar work, canvas prints, posters, etc.