Bag Sewing Patterns, PDF Patterns and Kits
charliesaunt's Shop Policies
Charlie’s Aunt offers a range of vintage “make-do-and-mend” inspired sewing patterns designed by Emma Brennan, author of the best-selling book Making Vintage Bags. The PDF collection includes 30s, 40s and 50s influenced sewing patterns for bags and textile jewellery. Emma also designs printed sewing patterns for Indygo Junction and she has two other books in print with GMC publications.
Emma has designed vintage inspired clothing, accessories and jewellery for the past 20 years alongside her job as a journalist. The patterns and books are a natural progression, combining her two passions for design and writing.
To find our more about Charlie's Aunt products and the work of Emma Brennan, go to www.charliesaunt.com and check out our regularly updated blog page.
All orders must be paid for using Paypal or credit card. Please pay at time of purchase. Contact us if you experience a problem with payment. If there is no payment or contact within 3 days of purchase, your order will be cancelled and the item re-listed.
PayPal is the best way to pay because it allows you to pay with a credit card without signing up for an account.
We also now accept direct credit card payments.
All printed paper patterns, fabrics, buttons and kits will be sent out by first class mail, usually within 48 hours of receiving your order. Overseas orders are sent by first class international air mail. If you want special posting options or insurance, please convo us for details and prices.
PDF patterns are either available by instant download or are emailed to the email address in your etsy profile. If you would like it sent to another address please specify the email address in the "message to seller" box at checkout. PDF patterns are emailed within 48-hours of your completed payment.
Refunds and Exchanges
Refunds and exchanges:
There are no refunds on PDF patterns, paper patterns and kits because of the nature of the products. Please choose carefully.
Additional Policies and FAQs
Important Copyright Information:
Although all of my patterns and books are covered by the copyright and patents act, I realise that several of my customers would like to be able to make a few items from my patterns to sell, so I have decided to allow it again, as long as they stick to the following rules:
* Make no more than 10 bags in a year to sell from any one Charlie’s Aunt pattern, and up to a MAXIMUM of 40 bags in total from a combination of any of my patterns in a year. Please don’t make any more than this – I have more than 20 different sewing patterns and it simply wouldn't be fair to buy 15 and make 10 of each, because you would be adopting my entire concept that way. If you intend to make any more than 40 in a year, this would be deemed a big business and would be totally against the rules. Please respect this!
* Write on each swing ticket and in all Etsy/online descriptions the following words: “This bag was made using a Charlie’s Aunt sewing pattern designed by Emma Brennan”. A link to my Etsy shop would also be greatly appreciated. Please don’t put your own designer labels in my designs – that isn’t fair!
* Please have the courtesy to drop me a line to ask if you can make the bags to sell. This way I can keep track of who’s doing what and I can hopefully persuade you to share photos of the bags you make on the Charlie’s Aunt Facebook site.
* All items for sale must be handmade by you. Contracting with others to mass produce Charlie’s Aunt designs is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
* Distribution of the pattern pieces and corresponding instructions is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Please do not copy my patterns in any way. The words, diagrams and pictures are covered by copyright and I will pursue anyone who infringes this.
* Finally, please be respectful my designs and policies. Being allowed to make a limited number of bags from my patterns to sell is a privilege and not a right.
Please email me at emma [!at] charliesaunt.com if you have any questions
The PDF patterns contain instructions, illustrations, photographs and pattern templates for one style of bag, purse or fashion accessory. The templates are full size and can be printed on A4 paper, but some templates need to be joined together with tape because they are too big to fit on one page. All patterns contain detailed instructions on how to cut and join pattern templates.
Last Updated January 31, 2015