CottonCocoon is taking a short break
opieandmilo on Jul 21, 20205 out of 5 stars
Very nice quality, exactly as described. I am using as a light summer throw. Delivery was fast.
VIrginia on Jul 4, 20205 out of 5 stars
Fast shipping and beautiful towels!
VIrginia on Jun 17, 20205 out of 5 stars
Beautiful towel! Excellent quality, great customer service, and quick shipping!
pauline on May 26, 20205 out of 5 stars
Great quality, very nice textile ! I love it !
pauline on May 26, 20205 out of 5 stars
Great quality, nice color !
Crystal on Mar 31, 20205 out of 5 stars
It looks great and has a very nice texture to it. It’s excellent quality, even better then I expected! I would definitely recommend!
carrielizabeth on May 8, 20195 out of 5 stars
Absolutely beautiful blanket, just as described!
Jessica on Mar 23, 20195 out of 5 stars
This towel is beautiful and full of color! It is not too thick but is very absorbant and perfect as a blanket or wrap on a cooler day. I'm so excited to have a quality towel that can be used in a variety of ways. The package arrived in a timely manner. The seller also included packet of what I think is lavender and it smelled wonderful upon opening!
Cristin on Mar 12, 20195 out of 5 stars
Beautiful throw for our new couch. Great colour and design. Exactly as described. So soft, am very happy with it
Angela on Mar 4, 20195 out of 5 stars
Beautiful towels! And they were packaged so nicely with a little lavender sachet.
Once upon a time, Can (pronounced ‘Jan’) met Süleyman, and they got on extremely well. Can (designer and photographer) was fascinated by peshtemal towels, while Süleyman (who comes from a long line of Peshtemal weavers) was also fascinated by peshtemal towels. So, add one fascination to another, and what do you get?
We’ve come a long way since then, having a lot of fun with color and technique.
It is a real pleasure for us to meet so many wonderful people from all over the world, and we have to say a big thank you to Etsy for this.
Owner, Designer/Photographer, Shop Keeper
Designer, Behind The Scenes Magician
Cotton Cocoon brings you a selection of beautiful ethnic Peshtemal towels made from locally grown Turkish cotton and natural dyes. These Peshtemal towels are woven on Mediterranean village looms, with each household having their own distinctive designs and colour schemes that, together, form a Mediterranean Turkish style.
In comparison to the ‘Terry’ towel, the Peshtemal is lighter, less bulky when stored, absorbs the same amount of water, dries very quickly, is more economical to wash, and so much more versatile…
Once you’ve experienced using a Peshtemal, you’ll wish you’d never bought a ‘Terry’ towel!
Now, it is time to discover which one is your favourite!
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns
I don't accept exchanges or cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale
Returns and exchange details
• To make sure they arrive safely at their destination, all items will be sent in a protected package.
• If your package is returned to me for reasons beyond your control, I'm happy to send it back to you IF you accept to pay the added shipping cost.
• I am sorry, but I am unable to accept refunds and exchanges.
★★★ IMPORTANT!!!! I send my packages via "REGISTERED EXPRESS" or INTER/UPS, both of which require a signature on delivery. Although I choose the safest and fastest postal shipping, there could be delays or tracking problems. If an item fails to arrive 6 weeks after shipping, please let me know, and I will make an official complaint to the Turkish Post Office to chase the package officially. But it takes time! Please don't worry about your item, YOU WILL RECEIVE EITHER YOUR PACKAGE or a refund IF the official complaint is accepted. I DON'T REFUND SHIPMENTS THAT ARE UNSIGNED FOR AND RETURNED TO ME. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
• Payments should be made within 3 days of purchase.
You don't need to sign up to Paypal to use this service, and can pay directly through the site by credit card (e-check service).
• For instant PayPal payment: I'll send your item within 3 business days after payment.
• For PayPal e-check: I'll send the item after the payment clears.
• If your Paypal and Etsy addresses are different, PLEASE let me know which one is the correct one in "message to seller" box at check out.
Feel free to convo if you need extra time! I can “reserve” the item for you happily.
• Please send me a message if your shipping address is different.
• A unique Barcode number will be sent by convo after shipping has taken place, allowing the purchaser to follow the progress of their item using online track and trace services.
★ Average delivery time for INTER/UPS is 3-5 days for USA or 3-6 days anywhere else, and for post is 10-20 business days (weekdays only) to USA / Canada / Australia, and 7-10 business days to UK / Europe. Please note: Extra delays can be caused by customs of the receiving country. If there is an extended delay please contact me so that I may help tracing your package.
★ YOU CAN TRACK YOUR ITEMS through; Etsy, www.usps.com, www.track-trace.com/post (click on "Track with options" and then "Select your country"). Or, for INTER/UPS shipping go to http://inter.mngkargo.com.tr/, .
• I pack my items carefully, and do my best to make sure that they arrive at their destination in perfect condition.
• International customers are responsible for all taxes and duties associated with shipping after the item reaches their respective country.
• I use Registered Airmail or INTER/UPS to make sure my packages arrive their destination safely. My first aim is to keep my customers HAPPY. In case of damage, delay or loss caused by the postal services in Turkey, or of the destination country or in case of having difficulty of tracking your item please send me a message. I'll do my best. You may also get in contact with your local services by using the Barcode/Tracking Number supplied after the shipment while I'm dealing with my local postal service also if the problem originates here. I'll check these details online at my end and will let you know the information by return of your query.
• Please do make sure that your delivery address is correct. I’m not responsible for items not received due to an incorrect address provided, or the receiver not acting on time to any delivery notices left by the local postal/parcel service or INTER/UPS. If your package is returned to me for this reason, I'm happy to send it back to you if you accept to pay the additional shipping cost, BUT I DO NOT REFUND ITEMS THAT HAVE BEEN UNSIGNED FOR AND RETURNED TO ME - it is the buyer's responsibility to make sure that there is someone at the receiving address to sign for the item!
• If your order (for reasons of size, bulk or urgency) requires another method of delivery, please contact me via Etsy Convo before placing your order.
Additional policies and FAQs
Thank you for your interest