Announcement Sculptural jewellery for the ladies who dare to be different www.crea-tiff.ch
Sculptural jewellery for the ladies who dare to be different www.crea-tiff.ch
Crea-tiff bijoux for the ladies who dare to be different
Enfant terrible of the contemporary jewellery scene, Tiffany is known for creating ephemeral jewellery “assemblages” that cannot be sold and that only exist during the short time needed to capture them photographically. Bin liners, laboratory apparatus and even organic matter (fruit, flowers, eggs, intestines, mushrooms) have been playfully transformed into stunning works of wearable art.
A rather unusual artistic scientist, Tiffany initially studied biology at university, spending long evening hours observing the behaviour of animals and specialising in ethology. Forever curious, her daytimes were spent taking communication and marketing classes in the economics faculty, all done while being a volunteer for many cultural, artistic and scientific projects. When she was younger, her parents initiated her to the art world. To this day, Tiffany loves contemporary art and very much enjoys visiting art fairs and galleries. Many sculptors have strongly influenced her jewellery making: the works of Louise Bourgeois, Jeff Koons and Alexander Calder have all been sources of inspiration. The abstract and spherical form of molecules also seems to appear in some of Tiffany’s jewellery (Electron collection, Recto Verso earrings), as do the influences of food (Macaroon necklaces)!
Tiffany Rowe is a slightly eccentric English girl who grew up and still lives in beautiful Geneva, Switzerland. It is always with great pleasure that she collaborates with photographers, models and make-up artists of all nationalities who share a common interest or establish ties with her two much adored countries: Switzerland and Great Britain. Eager to promote Swiss talent, her jewellery has been worn by Swiss film producers during the Cannes Film Festival, Miss Switzerland candidates, up and coming blog journalists, television personalities and models alike. Fascinated by the media, Tiffany has, over the years, presented a number of fashion chronicles on the radio and television, in the sole purpose of giving press coverage to independent designers. Being enthralled by social media, she encourages its use by artists while many of her interesting projects and encounters have stemmed from it.
All crea-tiff jewellery creations are lovingly designed and assembled in Geneva, Switzerland, by Tiffany herself. It is part of the crea-tiff philosophy that all materials should be sourced locally whenever possible. Small quantities of material are also hand picked and brought back from Tiffany’s holiday destinations. Packaging and paper are all sourced from Europe. Nothing is ever bought in large amounts: this ensures that several micro collections are made every year and that each piece of jewellery is as unique as the person who wears it. Bespoke orders are welcome. Tiffany loves to give a second lease of life to various objects and she likes nothing better than to use material that is not normally seen in jewellery. Her work includes such items as teddy bears rescued from a disused factory in Lyon, porcelain dolls, electrical wire and even perishable food. Tiffany firmly believes that animal fur looks better on the animals it originally came from. Crea-tiff promises never to use fur in any form.
Biologist by education, passionate about the arts and creativity !
Accepted payment methods
Each consumer is responsible for his or her own obligations of sales taxes, import taxes, customs duties and other fees and taxes as may be applicable in his or her jurisdiction. Payment methods include Paypal, credit card and, for the clients living in Switzerland, direct debit.
Please note that the prices listed here on Etsy are very special offers on a very limited selection of jewellery during a limited period of time. The prices of crea-tiff pieces found in the galleries and boutiques will be a little higher.
As most of the jewellery, once packaged, is over 2cm in width, the packets are considered as such and not letters. The postal rates may seem high, but I don't make any benefit from this. For example, a ring send with tracking in a bubble packet costs me 9.- exactly, and this doesn't even cover the packaging! However, Swiss post is highly reliable. The good news is that you can choose multiple objects from the shop and the postal rate stays the same.
All orders are sent through Swiss post and are guaranteed up to values of 500.- CHF (Swiss Francs). You will be asked for a signature upon receipt of the package which insures that all packets are properly delivered and are trackable.
For postal delivery : please allow 3 to 8 working days within Switzerland and Europe, up to 14 working days outside of Europe.
Refunds and Exchanges
• Jewellery is guaranteed for the first month (after the date of purchase) against defaults that may arise during use (breakage notably). After this time, any breakage or damage will be considered as wear and tear and is no longer guaranteed. If you wish, jewellery can repaired, price upon request.
• Please do not send any returns without contacting crea-tiff first.
• Reclaims must be made within two weeks of the date of reception of goods.
• Return the product(s) to us in perfect condition (unused and in their original
packaging) to receive your money back or an item in exchange of the equivalent value if you so wish.
• Please note that the delivery charge on the original order is non-refundable.
• Goods are returned at your own cost.
• We will write to you to confirm when your exchange or refund has been processed
(please allow 2 to 3 weeks depending on your initial payment method).
• Please note that returned goods that have not been received will only be dealt
with if you supply proof of posting!
Additional policies and FAQs
• Each piece comes individually gift wrapped.
• Each item is unique and corresponds to the photo taken as shown on the website.
• There is only one example of each piece of jewellery, so please check your ring size carefully by measuring the inner diameter of your favourite ring and
comparing it to the crea-tiff rings on sale.
• Please remember that the colours of the jewellery displayed on the website may
slightly differ from the colours of the actual jewellery as computers and cameras cannot always portray the correct colour. Please carefully read each product description to avoid confusions. Do not hesitate to ask questions by email.
• As the jewellery is handmade it is relatively fragile, please take special care when putting on or removing clothing and whilst washing your hands.
• If the item you want has sold out already, please do not hesitate to contact crea- tiff by email for a bespoke order.
• All metal used is hypoallergenic. As with all costume jewellery, the wire will “weather” slightly and may even change colour. This is normal. If you wish, crea- tiff can clean and restring your jewellery with new wire, prices upon request.
Applicable Law / Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be construed under the laws of Switzerland, exclusive of its choice of laws provisions. All users and customers of this site hereby agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the appropriate Swiss courts in the event of a dispute arising from these sales conditions or from the use of this site.
Crea-tiff bijoux respects the copyrights of others, and we request our web site users and customers to respect our copyrights. As a user or customer, you should assume that everything you see or read on this site is copyrighted or otherwise constitutes proprietary information and know-how owned by crea-tiff bijoux.
crea-tiff bijoux | 2012 | www.crea-tiff.ch | info [!at] crea-tiff.ch
More information can be found on www.crea-tiff.ch