DenverRefugeeCrafts

A Little Something

Denver, Colorado · 17 Sales

DenverRefugeeCrafts

A Little Something

Denver, Colorado 17 Sales On Etsy since 2011

0 out of 5 stars
(2)

Announcement   A Little Something: The Denver Refugee Women's Craft Initative. Fostering self-sufficiency through the beauty of handmade crafts. 75% of the proceeds goes directly to the refugee artist of each purchased item and 25% covers common operating expenses and supplies. Learn more about A Little Something at: www.refugeecrafts.org or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/refugeecrafts

Announcement

A Little Something: The Denver Refugee Women's Craft Initative. Fostering self-sufficiency through the beauty of handmade crafts. 75% of the proceeds goes directly to the refugee artist of each purchased item and 25% covers common operating expenses and supplies. Learn more about A Little Something at: www.refugeecrafts.org or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/refugeecrafts

Ladies of A Little Something

Contact shop owner

Ladies of A Little Something

Reviews

No reviews in the last year

Anonymous on Mar 28, 2012

5 out of 5 stars

I was wrong, I did get feedback right away, it was blocked by my email service, I got braceet in a few days and love it

Shop policies

Last updated on October 21, 2011
Refugee women living in Colorado face many challenges, among them the often daunting task of achieving self-sufficiency. By forming a crafts cooperative, these remarkable women are pooling their talents, skills and creativity to earn money for themselves while adding a little beauty to the world. Every item is unique and handmade by a refugee woman learning new skills. Proceeds benefit the participants directly, with 75% of each sale going to the artist, and the other 25% going back into the business to purchase crafting supplies.

Jewlery and beaded items are made from new and donated beads and crafting items. Each item is uniquely made; color combinations and style choices are contingent on the maker of each item.

Woven items are 100% hand woven by participants using traditional back strap looms. Most woven items include thin scarves with unique patterns and designs as well as traditional Karen and Karenni woven bags. Each woven item bears the unique stylistic trademark of its maker.

Each item is specially tagged by the item's creator. Some women choose to share their picture and story with you when you purchase their item. Others, for the sake of privacy or cultural restrictions, only offer to share their name and country of origin.

Learn more about A Little Something at www.refugeecrafts.org and thank you for shopping at our store!

P.S. Since we are just starting out, please be sure to leave us feedback!

Accepted payment methods

  • Pay with Visa
  • Pay with Master Card
  • Pay with American Express
  • Pay with Discover
  • Pay with PayPal
  • Buy with Apple Pay
  • Pay with Sofort
  • Pay with iDeal
  • Accepts Etsy gift cards
Payment
We accept and prefer paypal. We will not ship any item until payment has been made. Please let us know if you are having problems paying. If we do not hear from you and you do not pay for your purchase, we will cancel your order and leave negative feedback. We'd really like to avoid this.
.
Shipping
A Little Something is run by a small but very dedicated group of volunteers. We do not ship Saturday - Monday. We do not send emails to notify you of shipment, but trust us, we're shipping! If you don't receive your item within 2 weeks, please let us know. We are not offering international shipping at this time.
Refunds and Exchanges
Please let us know if you are not happy with anything and we will gladly replace it.
Additional policies and FAQs
Unfortunately, we do not offer wholesale pricing at this time. However, we gladly accept custom orders of all sizes.