Announcement Welcome! My shop features all original figurative paintings & drawings. See the newest work by signing up with my newsletter at www.DerekOverfield.com
Welcome! My shop features all original figurative paintings & drawings. See the newest work by signing up with my newsletter at www.DerekOverfield.com
Aleysha on May 24, 2016
Lovely piece, great experience with vendor.
Trevor Gaylord on May 9, 2016
Fast shipping, and amazing product.
Abstract Figure Painter
I paint powerful and expressive figures that would feel at home in both the ancient and contemporary world. Taking inspiration from sources old and new, I have developed a style that is rooted in the passions of antiquity, while being refreshing and raw in its modernity.
Through years of studying the human form - formally and informally - I am able to craft works of immediacy that displays a balance of precise control and gestural abandon. Through that studied appreciation of the figure, I create works devoid of ornamentation and pretense. Instead of a visually busy piece, they are simple and direct. Minimal, yet compelling.
My work brings with it a bold and heroic presence - an experience best appreciated in person - asserting the primal yet divine nature of mankind, the potent and strange force of humanity.
Figurative art has always been a part of my life. Before I could read the words on the page, I was immersed in the dynamic figures of comic book art, learning the unique language of the body. At Fairmont State where I hold a BA in Fine Arts, I began to work from life models and pore over books of art in the library under the guidance of acclaimed painter Lynn Boggess. In life drawing class, I met my future wife, the painter Lauren Adams, and our mutual love of art has taken us on many trips together to see timeless figurative art.
My work has been shown in numerous competitions and exhibitions. You can find it featured on numerous art and design blogs and in the homes of collectors around the world.
Derek Overfield is a West Virginia artist and graphic designer. His work focuses on the human figure, primarily the male figure, and explores themes of power, monumentality, romanticism and mystery.
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Money Order
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Frequently asked questions
What is your shipping method?
* Drawings are shipped rolled via USPS First Class
* Paintings are carefully packed and shipped via USPS Priority
* A tracking or customs number is assigned to ALL orders.
* Extra large paintings on canvas (which are noted) will be shipped unstretched & in a puncture & moisture resistant Poly Mailer (rolled around a tube to prevent creasing). These pieces can be taken to a frame shop and restretched, typically for minimal cost - $75-$400 (depending on size).
* Contact me if you wish to have your extra large canvas shipped crated & stretched (minimum of $300 crated shipping, available for domestic orders via FEDEX
What is your Shipping Turnaround Time?
* DRAWINGS - 2-6 days (domestic) 2-6 weeks (international)
* PAINTINGS (if uncrated) - 2-6 days (domestic), 2-6 weeks (international)
* If you request crated shipping (in order to receive a large painting stretched), extra time will be needed to build the custom crate.
What about International Shipping?
* I gladly ship to international destinations through USPS via Priority International.
* Tracking cannot be guaranteed for international customers once the order leaves the United States, but a customs number will be provided to you.
* Please contact me if you do not reside in Europe. Certain large paintings may not be able to ship stretched.