Jordan Myles on Aug 28, 2016
Beautifully made. Wonderful gift, receiver loves it.
michlig on Aug 4, 2015
It's a great wallet for iPhone 5, Service an delivery was perfect!
Dock Artisan Beginnings
On a very chilly October evening in 2011 an idea was birthed while holding a piece of Oak firewood. On that night, Joel put aside a very beautiful twisted chunk of White Oak that was meant to go into the fireplace. The twisted piece of wood came from a large Oak that had fallen down on family property during a storm nine months prior. A few days later the idea to merge technology with nature was birthed and Joel began experimenting on more Oak wood chunks he had in the woodpile.
After making a few for himself and some friends, Joel's wife Iris suggested opening up an Etsy shop. A shop was formed and within a few weeks all of the first 15 wooden docks had sold out. It didn't take long to see that the idea was a hit and Joel started making more.
Over the course of 2012, Dock Artisan continued to grow gaining exposure internationally and making headlines all over the internet. On cyber Monday 2012, Dock Artisan was the featured shop right here on Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2012/featured-shop-dock-artisan/
September 2012 marked the release of Rare Audio Works, a new line of handcrafted speaker products each one unique and handmade.
"We believe in natural selection when it comes to harvesting our wood. We let nature determine what wood we work with and when. Every dock we make is an original, one of kind treasure. We harvest all our wood species from the California Sierra Nevada region from fallen trees, re-claimed, re-purposed, and standing dead trees. Every year storms come through the Sierra Nevada Mountains and blow over trees and break limbs. We give this wood a new life with purpose."-Joel
Joel is the visionary and owner who started the company with an idea he had while holding a piece of Oak firewood. On that day, Joel put aside a very twisted chunk of White Oak that was meant to go into the fireplace.
Iris handles Detailing and Shipping.
Our Wiring Specialist
DA Partner Fly Leather
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Fly Leather is our partner from Hong Kong who makes leather goods for Dock Artisan. Our designs are carried out to the final product by our high quality partner. We work together closely to ensure the highest standards.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Other Method
We ship to the address you provide when making your payment. We are not responsible if you input the wrong address.
-U.S. orders get sent Priority Mail and usually take 2-4 business days in most cases.
-Canadian orders get sent 1st class Air Mail and take 2-3 weeks.
-All other parts of the world are sent 1st Class Air mail and take anywhere from 2-5 weeks depending on your proximity to large cities and your countries own parcel service and customs process.
We do the best we can to provide efficient international shipping, but once a package leaves the US we have no control over the shipping time. We can only estimate the time, because all countries have different customs policies and can choose to hold packages for varying lengths of time. We cannot be held responsible for items getting held up in customs in your country and you are responsible for any taxes & duties.
LOST / STOLEN / UNDELIVERED PACKAGES
In the very rare event that your package is lost, stolen, or undeliverable as addressed, we will work hard to help you locate the package. While we will help you try and locate your package by providing all relevant shipment information, non-delivered packages will not be reshipped or refunded. Once a package has been shipped we cannot be held responsible for a missing package. We encourage our customers to call their local Post Office and/or local Customs Office in the event of a non-delivery.
*Certain MADE TO ORDER items are not ready to ship within our normal 3 day time frame. These items need to be made and are clearly marked as such in the listing details.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding our shipping policies
Refunds and Exchanges
There are no refunds or exchanges on custom made orders unless it has been damaged during shipping or does not function properly.
Additional policies and FAQs
2. Please pay attention to what you are buying. Apple currently has 2 different docking connectors. The 30 pin connector is used on the original iPhone up to the iPhone 4s. iPhone 5s & 5c, iPod 5, iPad 4, and iPad Mini use an 8 pin Lightning connector. We make docks for both.
3. Our business grows when you give honest feedback and refer new customers. We give all our buyers 10% off coupon codes when they leave positive feedback or refer other buyers. We really appreciate it!
4. All iPhone docks are built to dock naked or with an Apple Bumper Case (standard size case). If you have an Otterbox case, Lifeproof, or some other huge case, let us know and we can make you a custom dock. We do try to keep a supply of docks for these larger cases. Search our shop keyword 'Otterbox'
5. All iPad Docks are designed to dock WITHOUT a Case. There are too many cases on the market with varying thicknesses and dimensions to build a one size fits all. We would be happy to build you a custom iPad dock if you have a case. Just give us the details on your case.
6. Wholesale orders are welcome, contact us at joelyoungsemail [!at] yahoo.com for more info on our wholesale program. Media inquiries are always welcomed too. Please send us a request for high res images or just use our pics here.