Announcement Welcome! Handmade in the UK handwoven accessories, mens winter knitted hats, ladies knitted shawls and scarves and handwoven shawls / scarves. Extreme knitted blankets, throws and cushions Traditional favourites made with a contemporary twist in my Cornwall UK home studio with fine fibres from the UK, EU and around the World. A selection of hand-painted yarns will be back soon! Thank you for browsing!
Welcome! Handmade in the UK handwoven accessories, mens winter knitted hats, ladies knitted shawls and scarves and handwoven shawls / scarves. Extreme knitted blankets, throws and cushions Traditional favourites made with a contemporary twist in my Cornwall UK home studio with fine fibres from the UK, EU and around the World. A selection of hand-painted yarns will be back soon! Thank you for browsing!
Grey Super Chunky Moss Stitch Knit Blanket /Throw READY TO SHIP Merino Wool Roving Giant Knit Bed Throw / Bed Runner
Super Chunky Ribbed Knit Blanket /Throw Merino Wool Roving Giant Knit Bed Throw / Bed Runner
Super Chunky Knit Blanket /Throw Merino Wool Roving Giant Knit Bed Throw / Bed Runner
$381.26 FREE shipping
Super Chunky Knit Blanket Cable Knit Blanket Knit Throw Merino Wool Roving Blanket Giant Knit Throw Lap Blanket
Sandy on Dec 2, 20215 out of 5 stars
I bought this in preference to the sort of beanie you see in outdoor shops etc because I wanted something heavyweight. It really delivers: chunky knit and a great colour. The large size is big and goes well down over the ears. Highly recommended- it’s every bit as good as it looks.
Viestarts on Dec 1, 20215 out of 5 stars
Cap is beautifully and perfectly knit, one can see the quality and durability of it - really up to my expectations. Also the L fit is adequately roomy as my head is on the large side. I was looking originally for a worthy substitute for my lost and beloved 20 year old alpaca wool cap and stumbled upon this on google. Had to sort out shipping first as UK isn't anymore in EU, but Leah helped immediately and provided me with the appropriate Etsy link. A week after I received the cap, the first snow came to Riga and my head is well protected against the weather.
Alfredo on Nov 6, 20215 out of 5 stars
If you are into chunky super good quality woolly hats don’t hesitate. Leah’s product is outstanding. Got a large navy one and I am LOVING IT!
Grant on Nov 29, 20215 out of 5 stars
This is the type of quality you just can't find in department stores. Fine wool yarn woven thick and chunky for a great look.
RoBeto on Nov 14, 20215 out of 5 stars
Exactly as described. Shipping to US was fast, about a week and half to get here.
rdb26354 on Nov 6, 20215 out of 5 stars
Fantastic quality, thank you.
Duane on Nov 3, 20215 out of 5 stars
I purchased the large side and it fits my big head (7 3/4) comfortably. The hat is well made and uses quality wool yarn. Highly recommend.
Joe on Oct 29, 20215 out of 5 stars
Lovely chunky knit, and nice to have a larger size rather than "one size fits all".
westwoodtherapies on Oct 27, 20215 out of 5 stars
A really nice hat 😊
Martin on Oct 26, 20215 out of 5 stars
Excellent merino wool beanie.
Looks exactingly as the item on the photo. Prompt shipping!
Some extra effort in the packaging, maybe tune it down a notch for sustainability sake.
Totally recommend it :)
Knitwear design and fabulous fibres were my first love
I spent the 70's working in Europe with the final four years of the decade in Sicily. When I returned home to the UK in 1980 I immersed myself in artisan production and knitwear design heavily influenced by my travels, most especially by Italian style.
Back then e-commerce was but a twinkle in the eye of Tim Berners-Lee so I wholesaled my designs to selected boutiques such as Whistles in Covent Garden and retailed direct at Camden Lock craft market and craft fairs such as Syon Park and Abbingdon Abbey.
A move to a more rural location in '84 to raise my son coincided with the nation's new love affair with fleece so I 'made do' with work in sales, marketing, print publishing and e-publishing. Knitwear design and fabulous fibres were my first love and, thanks to e-commerce, I am again able to follow my heart.
And so, 'e cosi', my work is influenced by the dramatic coast of Cornwall in the far West. Daffodils and gorse, bluebells and heather, berries and cream, boats and sparkling fish, sea and rocks, sunsets and sand, wind and rain: granite grey.
E cosi va - and so on.
After years in the wilderness of publishing I've returned to the love affair with fibre that first started In the 80's when I was part of the London craft scene. Now the spectacular coastline of Cornwall awes me each time I dare to look.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale
Returns and exchange details
Where applicable, shipping cost to return the item is the responsibility of the buyer and refund of the purchase price will be made promptly once the item has been received by me.
If you do not receive your item within 14 days of shipping please do keep me informed. I always retain proof of postage and can maybe resolve the issue if I know about it.
You can pay through the Etsy Payments gateway using your Paypal account or most debit or credit cards.
Payment is due at the time of purchase or order and items will be shipped or individually made once payment is received and cleared.
EU and overseas packages are sent by airmail with proof of posting or tracked and signed for higher value items. (Signed for service can be included for any order at additional cost if you prefer, please message me if you would like this service.)
Pre-made items will be shipped within at most 3 - 5 days following receipt of cleared funds. For made-to-order items estimated dispatch times are quoted individually with the item description.
International shipping may incur customs costs which you are liable to pay so it's advisable to check before you order.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of knitwear, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
* as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
* when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
* if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
* Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
* Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
* Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services such as Google Cloud in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
* Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
* Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
* Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
* Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Leah Bauld, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at service [!at] cosiknits.co.uk
Alternately, you may mail me at:
Cosi Knits, 9 St Clare Street, Penzance TR18 2PB, United Kingdom
Frequently asked questions
Custom and personalised orders
I welcome custom or wholesale orders - please feel free to convo me.
Custom dye orders are priced the same as in-stock colourways.
Custom dye orders generally take around 1 week before they are ready for shipping as long as I have your yarn choice in stock.
I offer discount for larger quantities of yarn purchased at the same time.
Please ask for your specific requirements and I'll let you know the timescale and cost.
All animal-based fibres (wool, silk, alpaca, cashmere, etc) are dyed with heat using acid dyes and are as colourfast as you can get a hand-dyed yarn, although if regularly exposed to harsh sunlight they will fade the same as any other coloured fabric.
Unless stated as superwash or machine washable, gentle handwashing your finished item with a wool wash is recommended. Towel blot to remove excess water, pull into shape and dry flat.
Extreme knit Merino wool blankets and cushions should only be professionally dry cleaned.
We currently wholesale our extreme knit wool blankets to other online retailers and welcome enquiries.
Please enquire if you would like to stock our hand-dyed yarns.
Gift wrapping and packaging
We use eco friendly packaging where possible. An additional giftwrap option is available for selection at checkout on suitable items.
I obtain proof of posting for all shipped items and track higher value items. I will always send you a notification of shipping.
If you do not receive your item within 2 weeks after the expected date please contact me as soon as possible for a replacement item or refund.
Please note that replacement or refund for items lost in the post is only possible if you contact me within a reasonable period of time.