Announcement Beautiful time-worn vintage garden and homewares collected from around the UK and beyond. Sussex trugs, terracotta pots, enamelware, galvanised containers and watering cans.
Beautiful time-worn vintage garden and homewares collected from around the UK and beyond. Sussex trugs, terracotta pots, enamelware, galvanised containers and watering cans.
Stoneware Schweppes bottle, stoneware ginger beer bottle, stoneware bottle, country wedding prop
Vintage enamel jug, French speckleware jug, flower vase, grey metal jug, country wedding prop
Maria Blunden on Oct 9, 20205 out of 5 stars
3 lovely. little pots delivered on time and well wrapped.
Thank you Maria
Pete on Aug 23, 20205 out of 5 stars
Item as described a good deal
rednalenna on Aug 17, 20205 out of 5 stars
Gorgeous. Beautifully packaged with no plastic! Thank you.
Julie on Aug 13, 20205 out of 5 stars
Super lovely packaging. Beautiful little pots.Will definitely buy from EmerGate again.very happy customer.
C on Aug 12, 20205 out of 5 stars
Good communication, arrived quickly. Absolutely love this aged but very strong, enamel bowl. Look forward to using it around outside patio 'kitchen / fire pit' for washing up, washing hands, many other things I expect.
Liz on Aug 2, 20205 out of 5 stars
Super chunky vintage pots. Perfect for my succulents. Arrived extremely well packaged and very quickly. Will be buying more of these. Thank you.
Clair on Jul 3, 20205 out of 5 stars
Really love the well bucket. Great size, just what I was looking for. Well packaged and very pleased with the delivery. Fits perfectly in with all my other garden planters.
Haizi Daizi on Nov 24, 20195 out of 5 stars
Lovely seed packets, arrived safely and in good time. Thank you for the refund on the postage too. It was appreciated. 😀
Haizi Daizi on Nov 24, 20195 out of 5 stars
Thank you, apologies for any confusion. The seed packets arrived quickly. 😀
Sourcing and selling horticultural heritage
Ember Gate came about through my interest in kitchen gardening and my desire to acquire and use beautiful vintage tools instead of the brightly coloured, mass-produced tools on offer today. After a couple of years discovering and collecting authentic horticultural treasures and gardenwares, I realised my passion had fast outgrown my own gardening requirements and so decided to share my preloved acquisitions and offer some of them for sale.
I specialise in sourcing 19th and 20th century pieces that are brimming with character, originality and a bit of history - individual pieces that have stood the test of time. I seek out decorative planting containers or repurpose wooden, metal and enamel vessels that might not have been originally intended for garden use. I source stock based on what I would want to have in my own garden, scouring reclamation yards, antique shops and the vintage trade fairs for heritage gardenalia and homewares.
Buying vintage is an environmental decision – keeping still useful items out of landfill and avoiding the carbon footprint that comes with any production process. With this in mind, all Ember Gate treasures are safely and securely packed, making use of reused, recycled and/or biodegradable packaging materials.
Authentic horticultural treasures, practical cultivating tools and decorative planting containers to add traditional style to your living space, potting shed or kitchen garden.
Bring a bit of vintage design and heritage into to your home and garden. Give a home to a quality piece that's been designed and crafted, that has character and beauty and a bit of history to it. Give a gift that has already lasted a lifetime.
Please contact me if there is anything you are looking for that I am not currently listing - I add stock on a rolling basis and may already have your desired item waiting in the wings. I can also source specific items on request based on an agreed budget.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Returns and exchange details
Customers within the EU are protected by the EU Directive on Direct Selling, allowing for a return of the purchase if notified by email to Ember Gate within 14 days of receipt of the item by the customer. A full refund of the purchase price and original postage paid will be made once the item has been safely received back at Ember Gate. Return postage will be the responsibility of the customer.
Customers outside the EU area: all sales are final, unless items are received damaged
For product exchanges, return postage of the original item will be the responsibility of the customer. Any price difference should be settled upon receipt of the original item back at Ember Gate in its original despatched state, and the exchanged item will be despatched free of additional postage charge. Please note, this service can only be offered in the UK and a limited number of EU countries due to the cost of international shipping. Please enquire in the first instance.
If your item is received damaged in transit, please notify me as soon as possible including photos of the damaged item and/or packaging. A full refund for the original purchase and postage cost will be made, or a free-of-charge replacement if it is something I hold as multiple stock.
For international transactions, customs and any other related fees or taxes charged by the destination country are always the responsibility of the customer. Please check with your country tax authority as to what fees might be charged upon import.
Please contact me ahead of purchasing if you require an expedited service.
All purchases are safely and securely packed, using recycled and reused packaging materials where possible. From padded envelopes and bubble wrap, to cardboard boxes and shredded paper, every effort is made to turn second hand materials into first rate parcels.
I am happy to ship internationally - please contact me for a quote for any item you are interested in. Please note that I cannot be held responsible for delays in customs processes on international shipments once they have been handed over to the shipping agents or postal service. All shipping times quoted in convos exclude time spent in customs.
Additional policies and FAQs
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Julie Knight, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at embergatevintage [!at] gmail.com. Alternately, you may mail me at: Julie Knight, 27 Glenferrie Road, St Albans, Herts AL1 4JT, UK.
Frequently asked questions
Do you ship worldwide?
Yes, if shipping is not listed for your country of residence, please do ask. Overseas shipping rates change frequently, so I will get an up-to-date quote for any item you are interested in.