Announcement Wedding Invitations and Programs, Baby Announcements, Holiday Cards and Personal Stationery — All my designs will be adapted just for you — LGBTQ weddings applauded and encouraged!
Wedding Invitations and Programs, Baby Announcements, Holiday Cards and Personal Stationery — All my designs will be adapted just for you — LGBTQ weddings applauded and encouraged!
- All 317
- Wedding Programs 17
- Beach Wedding 63
- Fall Wedding 40
- Black and White Wedding 38
- Nature's Touch Wedding 37
- Casual Wedding 23
- Save The Date Cards 14
- Wedding Shower Invites 16
- Baby Stuff 28
- Holiday 8
- Christmas 15
- Notes and Thank Yous 17
Crafting art and images both essential and elemental
You know how some restaurants or shops put the first dollar they ever made in a frame and display it on their walls? Well, on my studio wall is a framed scrap of paper with my name oh-so-carefully printed, complete with odd punctuation and grammatical flair. It has a notation from my mother: "Printed from memory, age 4 1/2." Yup, I loved typography as a kid — I still do.
I have formal training, a fine art degree, and decades of graphic design experience under my belt, but I believe that the four-year-old had an eye and an understanding of beautiful text that degrees and training cannot teach. It's just There.
Essential Images is simply a continuation of my innate desire to express meaning through beautiful type, image and white space. There is something so incredibly special about fitting all the puzzle pieces together when I design a piece, whether a formal wedding invitation or a quirky thank you note — you know when it's Just Right, and I love finding the Right with each piece I design. You can't really put into words when something just feels Right.
When I sit down to design for my shop, every day, my hope is that my wedding and stationery designs offer a special blend of type, image and style that reflects a client's own style — designs that somehow just "fit". Finding a way to make paper and ink express a person or relationship is an amazing experience, and one I love to share with my clients. Customer service comes naturally to me as a former retail executive — each of my clients is a partner in design and I respect that.
I hope each of my designs can become Just Right for someone — it's why I do what I do.
Owner, Designer, Maker, Printer, Shipper, Accountant
Raised in a family of artisans, I have a degree from MassArt in Boston, worked in fashion retailing, raised two awesome kids and then moved to graphic design where I rediscovered the beauty of type and white space.
My shop home page is here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/essentialimages?ref=si_shop
Website and blog are over here: www.essential-images.com
The Custom Process:
Procedure: I will work with you to make your project personal and perfect. Contact me with any questions even before we begin; I want you to feel 100% comfortable with the process right from the start.
1. Contact me to begin your custom design; I will set up a project for you. The items listed in my shop are all samples. I suggest buying a sample to be snail mailed to you before you commit to purchasing. Nothing online can equal holding the real thing in your hand.
2. Next, contact me with all your project details — quantity, wording, font and color choices. I will give you a project quote and require a 50% deposit at this time.
3. Once I have all your details and deposit, I will create and send you a pdf proof within 2-3 business days.
4. We will work through two rounds of revisions to ensure everything is just as you want it. Each additional revision is $15. Proof, proof, proof as there are no returns or exchanges on custom orders.
5. When you are completely satisfied that the project is exactly as you want, you give the approval to print. At this time full payment is required for me to begin printing your order.
6. Once you give me approval to print, I order supplies (if necessary) and start printing and assembling your order. Depending on the need for supplies or the complexity of the project, your order should ship within 7 to 10 business days.
Timing: Since the entire process usually can take 3-5 weeks, take that into consideration when ordering. Wedding ceremony programs need to be ordered 4 weeks in advance on your date to ensure timely delivery. If you need your order faster, contact me to order rush processing and/or to upgrade to express shipping.
Accepted payment methods
Payment by Paypal only. With custom orders a deposit is required to begin work and payment is required when you approve the final proof. Massachusetts residents add 6.25% state sales tax.
Shipping for all custom items is USPS (U.S. Postal Service) Priority Mail (with insurance and tracking) 2-3 day delivery. Samples and small packs go USPS First Class. Shipping charge includes cost of shipping materials, insurance and postage. I personally handle each shipment. Contact me to discuss insurance, overnight, international and air shipping.
Refunds and Exchanges
Personalized stationery/wedding stationery cannot be refunded or exchanged. Most important, once payment is made, NO CHANGES can be made to the product as it will have already gone to print, so PROOF, PROOF, PROOF.
Additional policies and FAQs