FoxyBoxySolutions is taking a short break
Anonymous on Nov 23, 20125 out of 5 stars
I love all my items, perfect packaging
Anonymous on Nov 17, 20125 out of 5 stars
Absolutely beautiful, terrific packaging, I love them
nHappy Thanksgiving to you
Anonymous on Aug 31, 20125 out of 5 stars
Love the tags! Fast shipping! Thanks so much.
Anonymous on Jul 19, 20125 out of 5 stars
Beautiful leaves and the packaging is amazing !
Anonymous on May 15, 20135 out of 5 stars
Unique Handmade Packaging Design for Gifts, Favors, & Products
Foxy Boxy Solutions is dedicated to crafting unique handmade packaging designs for your business needs and special events that are sure to set your items apart. Your packaging is an important aspect of your brand and a good design can make your shop more memorable to your customers.
As small business owners, I know that you’re looking for unique packaging that fits your brand, items, and your budget – those are the key points that I was looking for in packaging when I opened my first Etsy shop in 2009 selling handmade jewelry. After failing to find the perfect packaging for my items, I decided to put my graphic design skills to work and make my own. I opened Foxy Boxy Solutions on November 11, 2011 and I’ve been making packaging full time ever since.
All of my designs are machine cut for precision from high quality papers and are then lovingly hand scored for a clean, professional appearance. For most of my items, I use recycled papers – many of which are made in the USA and contain 30% post-consumer waste. I hate to waste anything, so it has become a practice of mine to utilize every available square inch of a sheet of paper.
After a project is cut, the remaining paper is always recycled. Quality is very important to be and I’m a perfectionist by nature, so if something doesn’t meet my high standards it’s off to the recycling bin with all the other left over remnants of paper from the cutting process.
Owner, Maker, Designer, Photographer, Writer, Customer Service
Hello! I received my B.A. in Art with a concentration in graphic design from Salem State University.
MADE TO ORDER INFO:
Many of the items in the shop are MADE TO ORDER. Production time varies depending on the item – some items take as little as 10 minutes while others can take 2 or 3 days depending on their complexity [these items will say so in their descriptions].
Since each order is unique, production time will vary from order to order. When an order is received, I schedule it in my PRODUCTION QUEUE, at http://www.FoxyBoxySolutions.com so you can track the status of your made to order items. The queue is updated daily at 2PM EST, Monday thru Friday.
Orders in the Production Queue are processed in the order in which they are received and are labeled with the last 4 digits of your Etsy Order #. The Production Queue contains the following information:
• Order #
• Date Placed
• Estimated Time
• Scheduled Production Date
• Entered Production Date
• Order Completion
WHERE ELSE TO FIND FOXY BOXY SOLUTIONS:
• Tumblr: http://www.foxyboxysolutions.tumblr.com
• deviantART: http://www.foxyboxysolutions.deviantart.com
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/#!/SoFoxyBoxy
• Facebook: http://www.http://www.facebook.com/foxyboxysolutions
• Production Queue: http://www.FoxyBoxySolutions.com
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
TO CONTACT ME: visit http://www.foxyboxysolutions.etsy.com and click on the link titled “CONTACT” in the left margin of the page. It’s in the “SHOP OWNER” section.
In order to receive a Refund or Exchange, you MUST contact me within 48 Hours of receiving your order. See below for details:
RETURNS & REFUNDS:
• UNDAMAGED ITEMS: If for any reason you wish to return an item or your order you may do so, but you MUST contact me with 48 HOURS of the receipt of your order to let me know. To receive a refund, ship the item(s) back to me (at your expense) in their original packaging. As soon as I receive the item(s) I will issue your refund.
• DAMAGED ITEMS (UNINSURED): Contact me within 48 HOURS of the receipt of your order to let me know. Attached to your message, please include photos of the damaged item(s) and a photo of the exterior of the order’s box. You have a choice of a refund (full or partial depending on the situation & the number of items damaged) or a replacement. Please let me know which you would like in the message. You don’t have to ship damaged items back to me.
If you chose a refund, you will receive one within 24 HOURS of my receipt of the photos of the damaged item(s) and shipping box.
If you decide on a replacement, I'll replace the damaged items and place your order at the top of my production queue. [NOTE: Due to limited availability of some materials, some items may not be able to be replaced. If this is ever the case, I'll promptly contact you to let you know of the situation.]
• DAMAGED ITEMS (INSURED): If your order was insured, you need to take your package to the US Post Office – they’ll issue you your refund.
If after receiving your refund from the USPS you would like to reorder your items that were damaged, contact me and I'll create a custom listing just for you. Once you pay for your purchase, I'll place your order at the top of my production queue. [NOTE: Due to limited availability of some materials, some items may not be able to be replaced. If this is ever the case, I'll promptly contact you to let you know of the situation.]
• PERSONALIZED ITEMS: Items that are personalized with a name or date CANNOT be returned or exchanged. HOWEVER, if the item arrives to you damaged you are eligible for a full or partial refund or you could chose to have the item(s) replaced. See the above paragraphs on DAMAGED ITEMS (UNINSURED) & DAMAGED ITEMS (INSURED) for full details.
• DIGITAL FILES: No returns or refunds are accepted.
• For those of you who don’t have a PayPal account, PayPal allows you to make a payment with your credit card without you having to open a PayPal account.
For more info visit HOW TO PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD: http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2007/how-to-pay-with-a-credit-card-and-create-a-paypal-account/
• Payment MUST be made within 24 hours of your purchase. If payment is not made I’ll regrettably have to cancel the order.
NOTE: Items made to order enter production as soon as payment is received.
CUSTOM ORDERS/COMMISSIONS: Payment must be made upfront before the order enters production, no exceptions.
FOR THOSE NEW TO ETSY:
To purchase items on Etsy, you need to register for an Etsy account. The process is simple and quick. For more info visit HOW TO REGISTER: http://www.etsy.com/help/article/244
For a walkthrough of the CHECKOUT PROCESS visit: http://www.etsy.com/help/article/339
• If you pay by PayPal, your order will be shipped to your PayPal address. Please make sure that your PayPal address is up to date. NOTE: If you provide me an incorrect address and I ship your order to that address, it is your responsibility to track down your package. Orders lost in such a manner are not eligible for a refund.
• All items ship via USPS First Class Mail unless otherwise noted in the Product Description. Once your order is shipped, you will receive an email notification & tracking number for your package. You should receive your order in 2 to 3 days.
• Please open and inspect your package upon arrival. If your order arrives damaged or you wish to return the order you have 48 HOURS to contact me. View REFUNDS & EXCHANGES policies for more details.
• The shipping cost includes charges for packaging & handling. All items are carefully packaged to ensure they arrive to you safely.
• All orders $50 and over ship insured.
• All orders $250 and over require a signature confirmation upon delivery. No exceptions.
NOTE: Completed orders ship Monday thru Saturday, excluding US holidays.
WINTER NOTICE: Due to New England’s wild winter weather shipping delays may occur. Orders will ship as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
Additional policies and FAQs
~*~just in case you were wondering ~*~
TYPES OF PAPER
• What kind of card stock do you use?
For all of my box designs, paper flowers, and the majority of my gift bags I use heavy weight 80# card stock. This card stock is acid free and was processed chlorine free. It is made in the USA from recycled paper with 30% post-consumer waste content by paper mills that use renewable energy sources and that are noted for utilizing responsible mill practices.
Some of my gift bags and gift tag sets have been made from medium weight card stock (about 65#). This card stock is often used in scrap booking and features a printed side and a blank (white) side. Some of these papers have a texture. This paper is not recycled.
• What is Bristol board?
Bristol board is a 100# white heavy weight paper that is often used for drawing. Due to its weight, I like using it in some of my box designs.
• What is Yuzen/Chiyogami paper?
While the terms Yuzen and Chiyogami are used interchangeably today, Chiyogami is the specific word that is used to describe this highly decorated traditional Japanese paper that often features small receptive designs. In the old days, the designs used to be block printed onto the paper, but today the designs are created using silkscreening. Many designs found on Chiyogami paper can be traced back to the Edo period of Japan, from 1603 to 1868 (also known as the Tokugawa period).
Yuzen refers to the patterns designed for the silk textile industry in Kyoto where the art reached its height. The Yuzen designs produced for kimonos were elaborate and often included details in gold. Today these textile designs are also found on paper along with the Chiyogami designs.
• What are fine papers?
Fine papers are high quality printed papers that are imported from various European countries, usually Italy or France. Many of these papers feature traditional European designs.
• What is Lokta paper?
Lokta paper is a type of handmade paper that comes from Nepal. The paper is made from the bark for the Daphne bush (botanically known as the Daphne Bhoula or Daphne Papyracca). The bush grows in the Himalayan mountains at an altitude of 6,500 to 10,000 feet. The Daphne bushes used in the production of Lokta paper are know for their re-growing after pruning and as such Lokta paper is eco-friendly paper choice. Lokta paper is known for great strength and beauty.
• Do you recycle paper?
Yes. When I’m working on a project, I try to fit as many projects that I can on a single sheet of paper – I try not to waste anything. Paper scraps that I can’t use go right into the recycle bin in my studio. Paper scraps that I can use get turned into other useful items such as gift tags or bookmarks.
OTHER MATERIAL QUESTIONS
• What is Cello-Mount?
Cello-Mount is a thin double sided dry adhesive mounting film that creates a strong permanent bond between two sheets of paper. The film is opaque white in color. Cello-Mount is manufactured in the USA.
I was introduced to Cello-Mount in my graphic design classes – we used to use it to mount our artwork to matboard for presentations. Trust me, when the manufacturer said permanent, they mean permanent. The adhesive is top notch.
• Is the double sided tape that you use in your designs acid free?
Yes, it’s acid free and archival safe so you don’t have to worry about the tape eating through the paper someday.
• What kind of crystals do you use in your designs?
I only use Swarovski – I love the color and the quality of these crystals.
• What kind of adhesive do you use to glue the crystals to your products?
I use a small dot of bookbinders glue. The glue is pH neutral and archival safe, however, it is not waterproof. Although considering the item is made from paper, you wouldn’t want to get it wet anyway. The glue is manufactured in the USA.
• Some of your boxes feature a lacquered design. What kind of lacquer do you use & is it safe? Also how do you care for a lacquered item?
I use 3D Crystal Lacquer that is manufactured by Sakura Hobby Craft in the USA. The product is acid free and non-toxic. The lacquer is water based, so keep all lacquered items away from water.
As for care, all you have to do dust it off from time to time with a dry soft cloth.