Announcement ★★ Welcome to GMBC Fet Club, where the ancient art of Chainmaille is taken from the battlefields of history then beautifully redefined in these stunning modern creations. I hold an appreciation for quality in all things which is why I choose only high quality rings made here in the USA to create my pieces with. You will find no jagged gaps at the rings closures to snag your clothing among my carefully crafted Chainmaille. You will be proud to wear a GMBC Fet Club creation, as I am to serve your needs from my pet free, smoke free home.
★★ Welcome to GMBC Fet Club, where the ancient art of Chainmaille is taken from the battlefields of history then beautifully redefined in these stunning modern creations. I hold an appreciation for quality in all things which is why I choose only high quality rings made here in the USA to create my pieces with. You will find no jagged gaps at the rings closures to snag your clothing among my carefully crafted Chainmaille. You will be proud to wear a GMBC Fet Club creation, as I am to serve your needs from my pet free, smoke free home.
Lil Su on Dec 10, 2016
Beautiful piece. Very discreet and lovely to wear.
Years ago my mother (the gorgeous blonde in the photo!) developed an extreme allergy to most metals including fine silver and gold, she was forced to retire her collection of jewelry and live a dull, jewelry free life. It was this devastating news that motivated this former beader to switch gears and begin the journey that is Chainmaille.
Sounds simple, right? So I ordered some steel jump rings and pulled up a tutorial online and voila - guess what? EPIC failure!! Hey, there is more to this than I thought. Pack the rings and pliers away.. pull them out and try again a few months later. Nope.. still can't figure this stuff out. Pack them away again. This went on for a few years and finally I gave up. NEVER again!! I'm just not cut out for this amazing art..
Sorry Mom, I tried.
.... And then it came to me. It came to me in a dream that same night. Two hands appeared with a beautiful set of pliers, a pile of brilliant rings and a voice spoke. "This is what you're missing." These mysterious hands then gave me a dream-tutorial. I woke up, dug out the pliers and rings I swore off only hours before and this time "Voila" ended a little differently. With success!! That "Dream Weave" was the Byzantine. You will see a lot of it among my listings as it has a special meaning to me :)
The rest, they say, is history. The future? The future is bright.... and my mother has no shortage of fun worry free chain jewelry to enjoy!
About my Maille Process:
The perfectionist in me strives for high quality in each ring I place into every design. I purchase quality American made rings and put 100% of myself into every piece I create. I will not sacrifice quality for inexpensive, inferior rings. This is wearable art and deserves the best.. YOU deserve the best.
My favorite mediums are Aluminum and Stainless Steel and here is why:
Aluminum is incredibly lightweight and never tarnishes or rusts. I love that I can make HUGE crazy designs with these rings and yet they remain deceptively light! They are also lead & nickel free making them a friendly choice for those who suffer from metal allergies.
Stainless Steel. This is one seriously amazing material. It is the most difficult to maille with but in my opinion, gives the most stunning results. Steel will outlast all of us. After finishing every piece it then goes into my tumbler to spend many hours being spun to a perfect finish. This process helps smooth out any tiny rough spots at the ring joints and gives it a spectacular polish and clean.
316L Stainless Steel is my chosen material for my growing GMBC Fet Club collection, which has been a long time goal of mine. I'm VERY excited about it and hope that you will be too.
Feel free to contact me for custom pieces and follow me on Twitter & Facebook!
Owner, Maker, Designer, Curator, Weaver Of Rings And Pretty Things
Chainmaille Enthusiast. Coffee lover and tea toddler. Creating high quality Chainmaille jewelry & accessories for the pure LOVE of Maille.
Please read my shop policies to understand the nitty gritty of my shop or if you have a question email me directly.
My chainmaille is handmade by me, one ring at a time. I have both a passion for creating and for providing quality products with above par customer service. All of the rings I use are American made by fellow Maille artists who share my appreciation for quality and take pride in their work.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. From customizing one of my current designs to better suit your needs or general questions I am always happy to help.
VIa the "Contact" button on any listing for my shop or beneath my shop name
... or.. you can email me at ringbyring2011 [!at] live.com
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Unclaimed / Unpaid Special Reserve (custom) listings will be re-listed for PUBLIC SALE after a period of 14 days unless alternate arrangements have been made between GMBC (Christy Brown) and the buyer.
Unclaimed / Unpaid Special Reserve (custom) listings that have been re-listed and sold to the public may be recreated for you upon a non refundable, non negotiable 50% deposit, at the shops discretion.
Custom and/or commissioned pieces may require a 50% non refundable, non negotiable 50% deposit, at the shops discretion.
DISCREET packaging. All purchases are shipped using plain, standard shipping materials with a return address from "GMBC - Christy Brown" only.
1. Ready to Ship Orders are shipped within 1-3 Business days of receiving a cleared payment, excluding weekends and American holidays unless individual arrangements have been made. Customers will be notified with applicable tracking information/shipping dates.
** Made to Order items will ship according to the processing time provided in the listing.
2. All Domestic and select International purchases are shipped with Delivery Confirmation included in the price of shipping.
3. All shipping is handled via the United States Postal Services (USPS). Insurance is NOT included but can be added on request and is encouraged for higher priced items as these items are frequently one of a kind and cannot/will not be replaced. Please note that if your items are lost through the US Mail system, I will work with you to try to locate them with the "delivery confirmation" tracking codes as applicable...but without insurance, added by request of the buyer, I am not liable for lost, damaged or misplaced shipments.
4. GMBC does not take responsibility for additional fees/actions/delays of International Customs offices or the United States Postal Services nor does GMBC take responsibility for items lost or misplaced by the post office(s).
5. Rates include packaging materials & postage in USD. First Class Mail items will be securely packaged against damage and in standard bubble mailers. All sterling silver and silver plated items will include a small anti-tarnish polishing cloth.
CANADA & INTERNATIONAL: Shipping across the border and overseas seems to take anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks+ on average depending on your location. Your patience is appreciated!
**All INTERNATIONAL orders are shipped with customs tickets attached and marked as "fashion accessories" with the full value declared. All customs fees, VAT or duties etc are the sole responsibility of the buyer. Please drop me a note if you have any questions or concerns about shipping to your country.
GMBC Fet Club and GOT Maille? by Christy release all delivery responsibility to the respective Post Office(es). I apologize however I am unable to replace items lost or misplaced by the Post Office at no cost therefore purchasing additional insurance is strongly encouraged. I am always happy to work with you to find the best possible solution for your needs.
Refunds and Exchanges
Refunds - Returns - Purchase Errors
- Pierced Earrings are not eligible for returns.
- PURCHASE ERROR: If the item you have purchased includes custom options from drop down boxes (length, size, color etc) your item will be created using what is clearly shown on your receipt and my order form (they are identical). If you feel that the incorrect option was chosen after purchase please contact me ASAP to make an adjustment. ** If the item has already been shipped, all further shipping costs and adjustments are the sole responsibility of the buyer.
***** PLEASE check your emailed receipt immediately after purchase to confirm your custom details are correct. ****
Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like to discuss potential returns.
Approved returns/refunds include but are not limited to the following guidelines:
- If believe your piece has been lost in the mail and USPS tracking states that your item has been correctly delivered, your purchase is ineligible for a refund.
- Please contact me for any other issues or requests for a refund within 3 business days after the confirmed USPS delivery date of your purchase. (Monday through Friday excluding American holidays and weekend.)
- Please note that eligible refunds do not include shipping costs.
- Refunded items must be returned to me in their original condition and include all pieces and inner packaging. (IE: The exterior shipping envelope or box is excluded along with locks, keys, extenders etc.)
- Purchasing delivery confirmation from USPS on returning items is *strongly* recommended.
- Refunds will be issued as soon as I have received the item back in the item's original condition at time of sale.
Additional policies and FAQs
1. CHOKING HAZARD. All items in my shop are for EXTERNAL use only.
2. Do not EAT, swallow or use for anything other than the items intended use.
3. Items may contain lead or nickle, unless otherwise stated in the item description.
4. Please do not allow small children to play with items purchased at my shop.
5. LOCKING Collars - The wearer should always have a key with them for safety reasons. My collars are always made with steel which means they are not going to come off without a key or wire/bolt cutters in an emergency situation. Please keep safety top-of-mind.
Product Information and Care
When using aluminum, I use high quality bright aluminum jump rings in my designs with a very low rub off rate. These are both lead and nickel free. Aluminum can sometimes have a slight "rub off". This is a grayish color that is sometimes left against the skin. This is NON TOXIC and will wash right off. In my own experience, this tends to happen most often with snug fitting pieces that have been exposed to moisturizing soap, lotions and moisturizers. (How much of a rub-off may depend on the acid content of your skin; several people who have reactions to copper also react to aluminum.) Please note the reaction, if any, is different for everyone and it is possible that you will not have any issues.
Caring for your aluminum pieces: Soak for a few minutes in mild NON MOISTURIZING soapy water. Rub between your palms to "scrub" gently. Rinse with warm water, dry with a clean soft cloth, air dry or use your hairdryer on a COOL setting.
Clean as you would any sterling silver item to restore it's natural, brilliant shine. Silver Plate is NOT lead or nickel free and may cause problems for sensitive skin types. Often it is plated copper wire, or other raw metal unless I specifically state otherwise in the item description.
My steel rings are 316L Stainless Steel. This is a high quality jewelry grade that does not require polishing or cleaning for normal wear. If it does get dirty, just wash it in regular soap & water, rinse well. Stainless steel is self polishing. The more it's worn the shinier it will become over time.
EARRING WIRES are silver plated surgical steel. These are lead and nickel free and clean as you would sterling to restore their shine.
Custom Requests - Oh YES You Can!
Love it but need just a little tweak here & there? My listed items may be further customized upon request for an additional fee(s) depending on the work needed done. I thrive on excellent customer service with open communication so please do not hesitate to contact me with your requests!
GMBC Fet Club