Announcement Modern and traditional script calligraphy for your home, gifts, weddings and events. Have a custom piece created to showcase your personal taste in your home.
Modern and traditional script calligraphy for your home, gifts, weddings and events. Have a custom piece created to showcase your personal taste in your home.
Blythe on May 20, 2014
Amy was absolutely wonderful to work with. I would not hesitate to use her again if I ever need a calligrapher. I had a very specific idea of what I wanted for our ketubah, and she was incredibly patient with me, despite the months-long process and my anxiety about ordering something sight-unseen. The ketubah itself was just exquisite, the lettering divine, on the most gorgeous thick and creamy paper with deckled edges. Many people told us at the wedding that it was the most beautiful ketubah they had ever seen. We are so thrilled with it and can't wait to have it framed - it's going to be a permanent fixture in our home, which we will proudly display. Thank you, Amy!
Jann Smith on Mar 23, 2014
Amy, I absolutely love the Wine tags!!!! Our wedding tables were gorgeous and our guests loved the personal touch. Thank you so much!
A flourishing creative outlet comes from a skill that so many think is tedious
Most people I talk to are quite curious that someone would be a professional calligrapher. It is, after all, the profession of Monks. However, the quiet repetition that is inherent in learning calligraphy gives me so much joy -- seeing the beauty of the words and images that flow from my pen.
As I've refined my skill over the years, I've learned that the more disciplined I am in my practice, the more freedom I have in creative expression. This is an apparent contradiction; however, I have to train my hand the way an athlete or a dancer would train their body so that I can be satisfied with my work.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might."
Around the web
Owner, Maker, Designer
Throughout her life, Amy has felt the need to create. This has meant helping her Papa build furniture as a teen, decorating wedding cakes while in college and creating calligraphy, which she's been doing for over ten years. Wife and mother of four.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
A small deposit is required to begin custom calligraphy work. If you need to cancel your custom order, please let me know as soon as possible, and you will only owe the value of work that has already been completed. Once the details of your custom order have been arranged, I will create an item in my shop for you to purchase. After the job is complete and I receive payment, I will mail you the order.
Refunds and Exchanges
Additional policies and FAQs
- My writing styles range in price from $.65 to $.80 per line for both the outer and inner envelope. So, the total cost for the typical envelope (3 lines on the outer and 1 line on the inner) would range from $2.60 to $3.20 each. For 100 envelopes, the total would be in the range of $260 to $320. However, please keep in mind that you'll probably have a few addresses that require four lines, or inner envelopes that require more than one line, which would cause the price to be a little higher.
Envelopes will be completed at approximately 50-70 per week. We should also allow about 5-7 days for shipping (just in case). For example, if you require 150 envelopes to be addressed, please allow for around 3-4 weeks from the date I receive them, to get them back to you.
Other things to keep in mind:
- There is an additional fee (10%) if your envelopes have a dark or heavy decorative liner. I use a light table to be able to see guidelines, and if there is a dark liner, I'll have to lightly draw (and then erase) guidelines onto the envelopes. If you are planning on this, you may want to ask your stationer to insert the liners after the envelopes have been addressed.
- The best way to get me the addresses is to email them to me. Then I can make sure that they are properly formatted before I begin to work on them. Once we begin your project, I will send you a more detailed list of tips for getting your address list together.
- Though black is standard, I can write in any color you'd like. I mix my own inks, so if you'd like something other than brown or black, please include a swatch of the color when you send the envelopes. Gold or silver inks are fine too, but would only be easily legible if your envelopes are a darker color.
- I can also add on an additional small flourish, illustration or monogram to either the envelope or place card. The cost for this would be in the range of 10-30 cents per piece. I can match a design element from your invitation, if you'd like. And, this can be a contrasting color to the lettering.
- I am also available to stuff and mail your invitations. Basic invitation stuffing/mailing is $0.25 per invitation. If your invitation set requires more assembly, such as wax seals or tying on ribbons, the price will increase appropriately.