HFXrocks is taking a short break
Shelley on Dec 11, 20165 out of 5 stars
Love this book, beautifully gift wrapped and packaged for safe delivery to USA. You are such a talented artist, I can't wait to start painting my rocks!
kimcole225 on Oct 1, 20165 out of 5 stars
Absolutely love my gorgeous galaxy swirly stone, great vibrant colours, thank you so much! ✨👍🏻✨
kimcole225 on Sep 29, 20165 out of 5 stars
Lovely informative book, great ideas & tips, may actually get round to painting a stone one of these days! 👍🏻
taffystaples on Aug 16, 20165 out of 5 stars
Perfect! Fast shipping! Great communication! Would definitly recommend purchasing from this store
sarahannteacher on Aug 3, 20165 out of 5 stars
The beautiful and intricate artistry is astounding, and the stone reminds us of a sunrise and of hope and happiness! The careful packaging protected the stone well! I love this shop!
Hand-Painted Stones ~ Made fresh! from Halifax, N.S.
Hi there, thanks for checking out HFXrocks!
My name is Katie and I live here on Canada's east coast in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
In 2015 I stumbled across mandala stone art online and I just had to have one. With the abundance of smooth stones on the shores of Nova Scotia beaches I was inspired to teach myself how to create those pretty little things.
After countless hours of practice I created the Instagram @HFXrocks to share my rock collection with the world. At the time, I was leaving my stones around the city as little treasures for people to find--the tag "#HFXrocks" was fitting. Although I did not start out with the intention of selling my stones, eventually I was persuaded to open up this shop. (I do still leave these treasures around for people to find!).
Soon after opening shop I was contacted for the opportunity to write an instructional how-to book as part of a fabulous Do-it-Yourself Rock painting kit published by Hinkler books. :)
Now, 2017 and I have a second book, "DIY NEON Painted Rocks" and a third book is in the works. Check out >> www.HINKLER.com << for my book/kit and other fun titles they offer!
Honestly, I still have a hard time calling myself an "artist/author" ..because really though, I'm just a girl who works nightshift and likes to paint rocks in her free time.
That being said, thank you to all who appreciate my little stones. YOUrock!
C'Mon over and follow my Instagram page @HFXrocks for the most up to date photos on my little life of sticks and stones. Other social media--Facebook, Pinterest and the HFXrocks website are less frequently updated due to time constraints, but you should still follow me and tell all your friends too!
WWW.HINKLER.COM This book is made possible in collaboration with wonderful publishers over at HinklerBooks.
If there are only a few items in my shop or I'm on "vacation", don't worry I will be back soon and restocking new art as it becomes available. Thanks for your patience and appreciation, and as always... Think happy dots :)
❤️ Katie @HFXrocks
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
If you have questions about an item, want another photo, or anything at all you are unsure of, please send me a conversation message or email at the time of purchase. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.
• I will provide partial refunds after item has been purchased/shipped if there is a significant over-payment ($5+) on the shipping fee. Typically this occurs when multiple items are purchased together or a cheaper rate is available to the destination address.
• There are no refunds/returns on custom orders once they have been shipped.
However, this is not 'set in stone' and all refunds are handled on a case by case basis.
• In the event that refund is agreed upon, I request the item be returned to me before I will issue the refund. Buyers are responsible for return postage.
At no time do I see your payment details, I simply receive a confirmation of purchase order with mailing information you provide.
If you need to cancel an order please contact me immediately. Refunds or returns are typically not accepted however these requests are handled individually.
• All stones are sent through Canada Post by regular mail and lowest rate available.
Shipping rates are determined by weight, dimensions, as well as destination.
• Tracking and up to $100 insurance is included for all Canadian and most U.S. orders. Delivery times to these countries does vary, but is generally between 5-10 business days.
•PLEASE NOTE: I am mailing from Canada. So for this reason the
**SHIPPING for INTERNATIONAL ORDERS can take several weeks depending on the country/destination and time of year. Please be patient during this time. I have encountered an almost 12 week wait on at least one occasion. Tracking information is not reliable beyond Canada's border; insurance is recommended, though I have not encountered any problems with my shipments to date.
• Insurance and expedited or express delivery can be arranged, do keep in mind this can be pricey-- often double or more. I charge you what Canada post charges me. If you would like these options please message me with the order and I will arrange it with you.
** I am not responsible for lost or damaged items if buyer does not purchase insurance; or if the item is held/refused at customs due to restrictions.
Please find out before ordering if your country accepts "painted stone decoration" as this is how I describe my package on the mail customs form. (Note: I have not had problems with this so far but please be aware that it could happen.)
• All extras are the responsibility of the buyer to contact me. I will do my best to give you an accurate estimate of all options and I will reserve the item for you during this time to arrange any special orders.
• For local HRM, please contact me for free pickup/delivery
• Stones are well wrapped when packaged. The packaging is small, tailored to the size of the stone. When available, stones are wrapped and contained in prefabricated cardboard boxes or tins with lids.
• I combine multiple orders to the same mailing box unless otherwise requested.
• SHIPPING OVER-PAYMENTS can occur when purchasing more than one stone. If this occurs I will issue a refund for the overage once the parcel has been posted.
** You can review Canada Post's policies and shipping rate information online at: WWW.CANADAPOST.CA
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or special requests!
Additional policies and FAQs
This does Not make them water"proof," and I do not recommend leaving them outside or exposed to water/moisture for any prolonged length of time. The finished stones are not recommended for small children, water/fish tanks, or high heat exposure (I.e. window sills with full sun).
DO touch them freely! they like to be held. Keep them with you, or leave them on display at home or office. The stones are quite friendly and often spark conversation whenever new friends are around. They are known to be good listeners and have a positive outlook on life. Despite their attention-seeking ways, they are content simply spending their time in the company of common house plants or other cherished possessions.
Frequently asked questions
Wipe with damp cloth. Otherwise keep dry.
Custom and personalized orders
At this time I am unable to take on custom orders due to time restrictions and health considerations.