Anonymous on Sep 6, 2010
Delicious! Thank you :)
Anonymous on Sep 6, 2010
Thank you!! The most gorgeous smell hit me as soon as I opened the envelope!
Anonymous on Aug 27, 2010
thank you Verity, the very best tea! lovely :)
Anonymous on Aug 25, 2010
Super-sweet Etsy tea seller. Delicious looking and smelling tea - thank you!
Wherever possible I use organic, Australian-grown herbs and ingredients; where this isn’t possible I will always choose the highest quality available. You will find no artificial colours or flavours in joie de tea teas. Blends which include green or black tea contain caffeine.
Because of the variable weights of different teas, I measure my packages by the number of cups – in general each resealable bag contains enough for 30-60 delicious cups of tea, as specified in the listing. I include an approximate weight in the individual listings, for those who are interested!
If you would like a particular tea in a larger size than that listed, convo me and I'll put it up in a custom listing for you.
Accepted payment methods
- Other Method
Australian buyers - I am happy to send you a PayPal invoice in $AUD - just select 'other' as your payment option, leave a note in the message to seller, and I will send you a revised invoice!
Alternatively I am also happy to accept direct deposits from Australian buyers - again, select 'other' as the payment option and put a note in the message to seller.
Orders will only be shipped after payment has been cleared. Please note that in the case of payment by direct deposit the clearance process may take a little longer (a day or two).
Orders will be sent via Australia Post and should normally be received within 2-4 business days after postage, depending on your location. I generally use postpak tough or padded bags in order to keep shipping costs as low as possible while still protecting the precious contents.
** Please note that owing to potential customs issues with sending herbs to other countries, I ONLY ship my teas within Australia **
Refunds and Exchanges
If it turns out that I have miscalculated shipping and overcharged you, I will refund you the difference via your preferred method.
Additional policies and FAQs
A few general points to remember:
* Keep your tea sealed in its airtight packaging and store it in a cool, dry place out of the light.
* Use freshly drawn water from the cold tap, never the hot one. You might also want to filter your water to remove the taste of chlorine for best results.
* Always warm your pot and/or cup before brewing – just boil a little extra water, pour some into the pot/cup, swirl and discard before making the tea.
* Use a heaped teaspoon of tea per cup of water.
* Brew herbal, rooibos and black teas with water that’s just come off the boil. Green and white teas should generally be brewed at lower temperatures to avoid bitterness – boil the water then let it cool for a couple of minutes before adding the leaves.
* In general, brew herbal teas and rooibos for 5 minutes, black teas for 3-5 minutes (3 minutes for finely cut, small leaves, 4-5 for larger ones). Green teas have variable steeping times - 1-2 minutes is usually enough, but do experiment.
And most importantly -
* Drink from a cup that makes you happy to look at it. Breathe in deeply and enjoy the aroma. Take five minutes just to relax!