I knit for fun, I crochet for work & I weave to relax! :)
Hello and welcome to my “about” page! :D
I have been on Etsy for almost three years now, but I started knitting years before I joined. I first learnt knitting at the elementary school, but I didn’t take it seriously till after high school when I had extra time on my hand. I remember going to yarn shops, and just getting lost with how gorgeous the yarn was. The more I knitted, the more I loved it, which made me run out of space, and I considered making my hobby into a business. A friend invited me to a community sale when she knew I was thinking about the idea. It was a really fun day, and there I met another friend who encouraged me to start up an Etsy shop, so here I am! :D
I also learnt how to crochet, so my pieces are either knitted or crocheted.
I have a crafty room in my small flat to store all my supplies and creations, and it is my photography studio, too!
The process of creating my pieces is not easy because I go through few steps before a piece is completed:
1. Deciding “What should I make next?” is always a hard one.
2. Being inspired. For this I have to look at endless pictures of textures, colors, seasons, fashion trends, and many more things.
3. Finalizing an idea by sketching it, and adding measurements to it.
4. Picking the right yarn; right color, right fiber, & the right price.
5. Experimenting. At that stage, I will redo the same thing in few different ways because I don’t follow a set way or a pattern I make it all myself.
6. Making. For a medium crochet flower, I take 10 minutes without even adding a hairclip, and for a scarf I sometimes take up to three days of work, so it really varies, but it all takes a lot of time.
7. Photographing the item, and getting the light and shadow right to look as it does in real life.
My work is really important to me; I always try to learn new knitting and crochet techniques, and try to keep up with fashion trends to provide fresh and stylish products. I choose all my yarns carefully and I am trying to bring more recycled and natural yarns into my work.
Thank you for reading :)
Esra from Asoratti
Owner, Maker, Designer, Curator, Knitter, Crocheter, Weaver
Interior Designer, crocheter & knitter. Happy & Bubbly. Passionate about all sorts of design. Love to knit, crochet, weave, eat cakes, drink herbal teas, read romantic comedies, and watch movies :D
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Shipment takes place the NEXT business day!
>>>>>>For The UK (LOCAL) shipment<<<<<<<<<
Standard First Class, no tracking number. Takes up to three working days.
If you would like the second option let me know before ordering.
>>>>>>For EVERYWHERE Else (International) shipment<<<<<<<<<
Standard Airmail, no tracking number. Takes between 4 to 3 weeks.
>>>Please let me know if you want an express shipping BEFORE you order for an extra cost.
****Custom and duty free policies****
You are responsible for any charges that importing merchandise might incur.
Refunds and Exchanges
Additional policies and FAQs
Color & Photography:
I do my best to capture the exact reality of all my product, but some colors tend to lighten or darken with the flash or the lighting, so please be aware that the color of an item might be slightly different.
For Custom Orders:
1- please contact us before you order anything that you want to be customized, so I make sure I have enough of the right material in stock.
2- a payment is required before the making of the order.
We only hold reserved items for 2 weeks maximum, thank you for understanding.