KnotCouture is taking a short break
Kathryn on Jul 23, 20145 out of 5 stars
Nice quaility, made perfect to my size and arrived quickly even though it had a long way to come. Thanks! :)
athena on Apr 29, 20145 out of 5 stars
Very cute! Quick shipping as well
Andrea on Oct 24, 20135 out of 5 stars
Fast shipping and a really cute garter... thanks so much! Love it.
Anonymous on May 29, 20125 out of 5 stars
Gorgeous, thank you.
Anonymous on Mar 11, 20125 out of 5 stars
Can't wait to see the groomsmen wear them on our wedding day!
Accepted payment methods
Returns & exchanges
If you are purchasing an existing style with a few modifications in design, then payment is due up front. Modifications will be discussed upon receipt of your measurements.
If you are purchasing a custom design, payment plans are accepted. A 60% non-refundable deposit is required up front to start the design process, the remaining 40% balance is due prior to the finished product being shipped. Signed contract for custom pieces are due along with first payment. Deposits are non-refundable!
Additional policies and FAQs
How do I know if the dress will fit?
When you place your order, we will email you a measurement chart that has detailed instructions on how to take your measurements.
If you purchase a custom designed dress, part of your fee will include shipping you a muslin garment to try on to check for alterations. You are responsible for letting Knot Couture know what changes need to be made, and in a timely manner.
Do you offer accessories?
Yes! We can make all sorts of accessories to compliment your dress including jackets, hair pieces, veils, purses, flower girl dresses, matching ties, etc. The possibilities are endless!! Contact us with what you are looking for.
Can I try on your dresses in person?
Currently we are online only and completely custom. We will offer 2 free fittings and alterations for local clients ONLY.
How does my dress come?
All gowns will be shipped with a dress bag. Accessory shipping caries by the product. We ship with care, but you will need to steam or make arrangements to get your dress professionally pressed prior to the wedding.
When should I order my dress?
Most gowns take about 3 months to create (after measurements have been received and design and fabric have been confirmed), so make sure and place your order 4 months or more out to allow time for any possible alterations once the garment is received. Contact us for rush services.
Please note that it is your job to confirm your wedding date before you send payment, current lead time can change at any time.
Can I get a rush order?
We offer 2 rush options. If you need your dress in 2-3 months a fee of $150 is added to the total. If you need your dress in less then 2 months, rates will start at $250 and go up. If you wish to purchase a rush service please contact us prior to purchasing for confirm that the service is currently available. (Note: Please make sure you have an ample amount of time before your event date to allow for alterations if they are needed.)
What type of fabric are your dresses made of?
Each listing is remarked with the type of fabric. Most gowns are made of polyester, acetate, or other man made fabrics. We can offer more expensive options such as silk at a higher rate, if you are interested please contact us.
Can my dress be made shorter or longer?
Of course! This is the joy of custom garments, it will be made to your specifics! All these changes are made free of charge before the dress has been started - it is your responsibility to give us these measurements. Also, If you would like to add a train to a dress that doesn't already have one, this service will have an additional fee. If you want changes after receiving your dress that cost is up to you.
How do I measure?
We will provide you with a measurement chart. Please take your time taking these measurements, this is what we will go by to make your dress! Get a friend to help you and wear similar under garments that you plan on wearing under your dress. Small variations in all wedding gowns are to be expected. We will not alter the dress after you have received it, it is up to you to take care of all alterations.
I am not seeing exactly what I want, can you make me a custom design?
The designs in the shop can be slightly customized free of charge. Most of the dresses can be customized by color, length, straps, sleeves, etc. If you'd like to combine aspects of two different dresses or have your own design in mind let me know and we can discuss details! We also offer custom design services where you can choose every detail of your dress, contact for more details.
Can I purchase fabric samples?
Fabric samples can be sent at a fee of $5, they will be small scraps.
You must agree to the following before ordering:
* By submitting payment I agree to all shop policies.
* I understand that each dress is custom made by the measurements I provide
* The gowns are hand made, not mass produced, slight variations are expected.
* If I do not provide a signed copy of the contract, my payment is my formal agreement to the contract.
* If the contract is breached/canceled, I acknowledge and understand that I cannot receive a refund for my deposit as this money goes toward fabrics, supplies, materials and pattern making.
* I understand that no design or sketch services will be provided to me until my payment or initial deposit has been placed.
* For custom orders, I agree to have my full balance paid in full before my dress is shipped
* I understand that the average dress takes 4 months to produce after finalizing design and fabric options (unless a rush fee has been paid)
* I understand that there may be shade variations in color choices due to computer monitor differences
* I understand that my wedding gown is a custom creation and cannot be returned under any circumstances.
* I understand that all measurements must be provided within 1 week of order placement.
* I understand that my deposit secures my spot on the creation schedule and the date of completion is determined by Knot Couture and will be provided in writing
* I understand that sketch services will only be provided for custom design dresses ,but I am not entitled to sketches if I have requested minor changes to an already existing design.
* I understand and agree that I may need alterations to my dress in order to get the exact look/fit that I am wanting to achieve and that all alterations are MY responsibility.
* I understand that final photo’s are a privilege and not a requirement.
* I understand that I may need a petticoat added to my dress in order to achieve fullness if my dress is a very full dress
* I understand that I cannot change my measurements, design, or fabric once my pattern has been started without incurring a fee.
* I understand that I cannot change my design or fabric once deposit has been paid and design has been confirmed without a fee being incurred.
* I understand that if I cannot or will not pay my remaining balance within 1 week of completion that I forfeit my dress and deposit as the deposit has went toward cost of my materials.
* I understand that I must provide the following before my dress will be started: Correct Shipping Address, Wedding Date, Contact Number, and Measurements - all this info will be part of the contract packet.
* Any information requested in order to successfully complete my dress not provided in a timely manner reflects the timeline of my dress completion and is MY fault if not provided.
* I have a right to request references and contact information for references.