Life changing moments are elusive—those touch points where you can see your path shifting right before you in slow motion. It's a thrilling and powerful experience being able to control and affect that kind of change in yourself. I have several that come directly to mind, like the day my car turned itself around and decided that my girlfriend may indeed become my wife someday; the day I found out we were having a little boy; and the weekend in 2002 when I built a screen printing studio in my mom’s basement.
More than ten years later it is weird to think back and see how a print studio could have changed my life, but the evidence is there. It’s in the early work that landed me a steady design job. It’s in the friendships that were forged at countless shows, art events and on the big ol’ internet. Yep, my print shop pretty much made it possible to move in with my girlfriend, get engaged, married, have a family, and now move on to a new phase in life. Teaching.
I began screen printing because it was the medium that gave me the maximum amount of creative freedom for the minimum expense. I was lured in by the meticulous but forgiving nature of the process. It took some years to figure out that it was a more complex medium than I first thought.
What I learned was that screen printing is a completely authentic experience, one that is never exactly the way you envision, that is actually improved by the doing. I fell in love with those lush color overlays and the building of texture that comes along with layer over layer of ink. Happy accidents and beguiling mistakes play together over and over in my mind. I see these prints and in them I can see the love and attention and that produced them.
These prints represent what I love in the world, and in them I can see the things that inspire me always to do more, to do better. The evidence is always there. The proof. At the end of the day, I’ve made a beautiful thing, with my two hands.
Owner, Maker, Designer
I take a lot of pride in the quality of my work and that goes for my customer service as well. I will do my best to get you your order safely and as quickly as possible. If you need something special, drop me a line and I'll try and accommodate you as best as I can. Thanks again for taking the time to view my work and consider a purchase.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
• I now accept credit cards and Etsy gift cards! If you pay via PayPal eCheck, I will wait to ship until after the eCheck clears, which is usually 3-5 business days.
• If after 3 days payment is not received and no communication is received regarding your order and/or payment, I will cancel the sale to recoup my fees. Thanks for your understanding and prompt payments!
* PACKAGING: I ship in sturdy shipping tubes so that your prints arrive safe and sound, with delivery confirmation included for all domestic US orders. If you order 10 prints or posters, then I'll probably pack them flat and well protected.
- If you would like a gift note of some sort placed in your order, include a message for me during checkout or drop a line and I'll take care of it for you.
* SHIPPING ADDRESSES: Yo! Double check your listed mailing address! If your address in your Etsy OR your PayPal profile is incorrect, let me know ASAP and I will make sure that your order is shipped to your best & most recent address. If your PayPal and Etsy address do not match, I will ship your purchases to your ETSY invoice address as the default, provided at the time of purchase, unless you let me know otherwise.
* I ship most orders via USPS Priority. Delivery Confirmation is included for all US orders. I will send you an email with a Delivery Confirmation number when I've shipped your order. I ship within 5 business days, but I'll probably get it out in 1-3. I do my bestest to get your snazzy art to your door as quick as I can.
• I ship pretty much anywhere in the world! I've sent posters to five continents and completely random places like Guam, Hungary and Thailand. I'm huge in Denmark.
• International orders are shipped via First Class International (USPS) which at this time, offers no tracking. I cannot be held responsible for pacakges that are lost once they leave the US (this means you too, french postal agency!). If you would like an upgrade to Priority or Global International please feel free to inquire about the costs. Note: those costs are crazy expensive.
• One last thing you guys: International customers are responsible for any and/or all Customs fees, taxes, and duties associated with shipping & purchasing to their respective countries, should they be assessed. Most country's Customs agencies open and/or assess fees to a random selection of packages. Any customs fees, taxes, tariffs, duties, etc. that may be incurred at the time of delivery would be at the discretion of your country's tax regulations. I have no way of calculating how much these fees would be, should they occur, and I am not responsible for those charges. For any additional information please refer to your local customs agency.
Refunds and Exchanges
1) Returns and/or exchanges are processed on a case-by-case-basis and are available for goods which *arrive* damaged only.
- If your print(s) arrives damaged, I will ask you to take a photograph and return it to me in the original packing if at all possible. Exchanges must be returned in their original, mint condition and in their original packaging within 7 days of arrival. Exchanges that are returned in damaged condition will not be honored.
2) Returns will not be accepted due to customs taxes, fees or duties. See shipping policies above.
3) All return shipping fees and postage costs are the responsibility of the customer.
4) Items *must* be returned in the exact condition received and when possible, in mint & re-sellable condition. If an item is returned and expected to be returned in re-sellable condition (via communication between myself and the customer) but is received damaged, not in mint condition and no longer sellable, I 'm sorry, but I cannot honor a refund.
Additional policies and FAQs
Wanna stock my prints in your brick n mortar store?
Wholesale pricing for some items is available.