Announcement Welcome! All pieces are vibrant, landscape-inspired abstract paintings and prints. To see the very newest paintings and news, sign up at LaurenAdamsArt.com.
Welcome! All pieces are vibrant, landscape-inspired abstract paintings and prints. To see the very newest paintings and news, sign up at LaurenAdamsArt.com.
- All 102
- Open Edition Prints, SML 30
- Ltd Edition Prints, LG 6
- ORIGINALS on paper- 8x10 13
- SM canvas ORIGINALS 15
- MD canvas ORIGINALS 15
- LG/XL canvas ORIGINALS 19
- black and white series 4
epihlaja on Jan 18, 2017
These prints are beautiful. They were packaged very well and came quickly! So excited to hang them up!
Kittykatcc on Nov 16, 2016
Beautiful work of art, exactly as described! The item was packaged well and ready to hang. Thanks so much!
Megan Crim on Jul 20, 2016
Absolutely love it. Even more stunning in person and found the perfect spot for it next to some of my favorite ceramic pieces. Thanks so much, Lauren!
Contemporary Abstract Paintings
I am an abstract artist that creates fluid, landscape-inspired paintings. My work arises from an awareness and reverence for the physical environment around me. The paintings are meditations on calmness and energy, permanence and transience witnessed in nature.
My work feels like an adventure -
a vibrant, joyous yet at times terrifying - adventure through paint.
I soak and stain my canvases, shifting the pigmented water around on the substrate. The process involves a balance of control and abandon, a play between the intentional and incidental.
Living with one of my pieces brings an exuberant and immersive presence to your space. A delicate vivacity and a buoyant energy to experience anew every day.
A Bit of History...
I am a graduate of Fairmont State University and West Virginia University, where I hold an Interdisciplinary BA in Studio Art/French and a BFA in Visual Art. While at FSU, I studied with acclaimed landscape painter Lynn Boggess and also met my future husband, Derek Overfield in drawing class! Trips to world-class museums in New York, London, and Paris (where that French concentration proved helpful!) further charged my love for art history and cemented our love of visiting museums together.
The time spent studying with Boggess instilled a deep appreciation for process and a strong work ethic, leading to several years of painting outdoors among the elements. That experience lends itself to the intensity and inspiration that I now draw on in the studio.
My work has been featured on blogs such as West Elm, HGTV, Elements of Style, and Kelly Market. I've collaborated with designers, created custom paintings for clients, and have works in both national and international private collections. My husband and I live in a 1930's house tucked into the hills of West Virginia. We partially renovated our home to fit in a studio for both of us to share, squeezed in with our two cats.
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Other Method
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Frequently asked questions
What is your shipping method?
* Originals on PAPER are shipped flat in a rigid mailer via USPS First Class
* PRINTS are shipped flat if 8x10" or smaller, rolled if larger via USPS First Class
* Originals on CANVAS are carefully packed and shipped via USPS Priority
* A tracking or customs number is assigned to ALL orders.
* Extra large originals on CANVAS (which are noted) will be shipped unstretched & in a puncture & moisture resistant Poly Mailer (rolled around a tube to prevent creasing). These pieces can be taken to a frame shop and restretched, typically for minimal cost - $75-$400 (depending on size).
* Contact me if you wish to have your extra large canvas shipped crated & stretched (minimum of $300 crated shipping, available for domestic orders via FEDEX
What is your Shipping Turnaround Time?
* Originals on CANVAS - 2-6 days (domestic) 2-6 weeks (international)
* Originals on PAPER - 2-6 days (domestic), 2-6 weeks (international)
* Prints - Some are print on demand, 3-12 days (domestic), 2-6 weeks (international)
* If your order contains a print (and is combined with an original), the shipping time defaults to the Print time-frame
* If you request crated shipping (in order to receive a large painting stretched), extra time will be needed to build the custom crate.
What about International Shipping?
* I gladly ship to international destinations through USPS via Priority International.
* Tracking cannot be guaranteed for international customers once the order leaves the United States, but a customs number will be provided to you.
* Please contact me if you do not reside in Europe. Certain large paintings may not be able to ship stretched.
The commission process starts by completing the questionnaire on my website: https://www.laurenadamsart.com/commissions.html
This helps me get a sense of what you like and if I think I can achieve your desired piece - I want you to be 100% happy. After that step is taken, I will be in touch via email to answer any questions and to provide a time frame for completion along with a cost estimate.
* PAYMENT: A 50% nonrefundable deposit is sent via Paypal to begin custom work. After the painting is completed and approved, a final invoice is sent. There is a $600 minimum order amount.
As a reminder, the computer screen may not display the exact original color of the painting. I keep the image as true as possible to the original piece, but slight variation in color may occur. If you have any questions about colors in a particular piece, please email me before purchasing.