LittlePencilDesign is taking a short break
The home of cute & punny stationery & planner goodies!
* How did it start *
Over the last nine years I have worked on and off for design agencies and as a freelance designer whilst also undertaking my postgraduate degree. Working in the commercial design world and the stress of trying to fit too much in, I had an epiphany. I realised what I really wanted was to make things that I would want to buy. I love undertaking different crafts, but paper has always been my passion. Soon our reasonably already full study became packed with cards, cupcake toppers and planner stickers.
Little Pencil Design is run out of our home office/studio where each design is hand crafted, made, printed, packaged and sent to you. My husband helps with the admin side of the business whilst I focus on creating more designs inspired by everything from daily life and strange conversations to films and music.
* How is it made and where *
Everything sold is hand designed and made by myself whilst overlooking the Herefordshire countryside. The best ideas for designs come to me when I am driving and are sketched out on whatever piece of paper is closest to hand. These are then developed into digital artwork, before applying them to the items to see in the store.
We love to show the personal touch in our products and packaging, if there are any designs to wish to see, customisations you want to make or suggestions you have, please do feel free to drop be a message :).
*What makes us unique?*
We offer cute hand drawn designs mixed with brutal honesty. Life is hard enough so we aim to make your life a little easier, and bring you a smile along the way.
Whilst other sticker shops enable beautiful decoration, our goal is the aid mental wellbeing and time management whilst also enabling visual thinking. While the stickers are decorative and fun, they also serve to alleviate stress, all with the help of our resident cutie pie Flump!
I try to think about what I look for in a shop, so our turnaround times are quick, customisation is available and the items are shipped safely to you in high quality packaging.
* Story behind the name *
Little Pencil, has been a longstanding nickname of mine, coming from being creative and constantly doodling, and in my husband’s eyes a small human in comparison to him. Little Pencil, or Little P for short, one day came to life in his cute form and since then I have loved bringing his little adventures to life.
Hi, thanks for popping by to find out more. I started up as a freelance graphic designer in 2013 after working in design agencies, however I loved designing cute characters and always wanted to create things that would bring smiles to people.
Flump, Curator, Assistant
Little Flump joined the LPD fam back in May 2019 and he has made himself at home very quickly. He enjoys doodling, orders caffeinated drinks bigger than him and loves making new friends! Our resident cutie pie oversees all his products!
Assistant, Curator, Designer
Little Pencil was with us when we first started and had only one printer & one cutter. He oversees all the happenings in our designated studio, from photography, product design through to packaging & more! He works super hard & always inspiring me
The lovely Sara from Aunt Jabiskas has hand made these masks to be suitable to current guidelines. The pattern and technique is all her own, once made I transfer the Flump designs onto these.
The wonderful Bet at CreativeStationeryUK has taken our design and made it into these gorgeous planner clips! Check out her shop at https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Creativestationeryuk
I Love Buttons By Emma
Beautifully handmade crocheted and sewn toys.
Ink Paper Sparkle
The lovely Amy prints and makes up our designs in house and we work together to come up with the best product possible for the desired effect. Another UK female run small business we are SUPER proud to work with.
England, United Kingdom
Small business sublimation printer based in the UK - Jenny offers design work and her own illustrations too.
Planning Lids and I have joined together to celebrate the holidays with our character. Paco (from Planning Lids) and Flump (Little Pencil Design) are celebrating inclusivity. Each shop owner has drawn their own characters for each scenes and then we have work together to pull our designs as one.
The man behind the machine, Tom takes my designs and laser cuts and etches them into the material.
Cuts and produces the vinyl designs for me.
Accepted payment methods
Returns & exchanges
Items will be processed and shipped within 1-2 weeks of ordering. Items are sent via Royal Mail 1st Class in the U.K. and Royal Mail International Standard Shipping everywhere else.
Delivery estimates are 2-7 business days within the U.K. and 5-30 business days everywhere else (estimates from Royal Mail website).
*Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. We are not responsible for delays due to customs.
Additional policies and FAQs
All items are handmade by Nikki, unless otherwise stated. Photos and designs copyright of Little Pencil Design, 2021, unless otherwise stated.
• • • • Information We Collect • • • •
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to us), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
• • • • Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It • • • •
We only collect, use, and share your information for legal reasons, including:
• as needed to provide our services, such your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• • • • Information Sharing and Disclosure • • • •
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
• • • • Data Retention • • • •
• • • • Your Rights • • • •
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) the processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about the use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
• • • How to Contact Me • • •
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Nikki Vaughan, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at littlepencildesign [!at] gmail.com.