Anonymous on Mar 26, 2013
I'm still in awe of Twosie's portrait. He arrived home on Saturday and I was so happy. Leslie captured him perfectly. She worked from several photos and created a loving tribute to my Golden. This is something I will treasure forever. Thank you again Leslie--you have a very special talent! Jane
Anonymous on Aug 29, 2011
I love it! Great photo.
Leslie Thornton Fine Arts enriches your life
The natural world has always inspired me, whether I am hiking along a trail or walking around my neighborhood. Taking the time to observe and appreciate color, pattern, texture, light and shadow, while feeling warmth from the sun, cooling breeze blowing through trees and grass and garden adds grace to my life, grace I share with you.
Recently moving to New Mexico from California, I belong to the Plein Air Painters of New Mexico, and the New Mexico Art League. My work has appeared in many juried exhibits, winning awards for Photography and Plein Air Painting. I also explore Pet Portraits.
My style is a loose, impressionistic one, seeking to express the thoughts and feelings a camera does not always capture.
Do you have a custom request? I will work with you to bring it to life.
Owner, Fine Artist
My interest in the fine arts began in my father's basement darkroom. What magic when the images appeared! Formal education was at the University of Kansas, where I studied classical drawing & painting, fiber arts, art history.
My original artwork, drawing, painting, jewelry and fiber arts are not to be redistributed, copied, imitated or misappropriated in any way. All Rights Reserved. In general, I am an easy-going person, but when it comes to my art and handwork, I am very mindful--which works out well for you! You will always be assured you own a genuine, one-of-a-kind work.
* All items ship within 5 business days of receiving payment, barring custom work, or where otherwise noted.
* Some items can be "made to order," and will say so in the listing.
* If you have custom request, send me an e-mail and let me know what you desire.
* If you see an item that I have sold is no longer in the shop, e-mail me. I may be able to make it again.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
* Non-payment and non-contact after 24 hours may be considered forfeiture of any one-of-a-kind items you have purchased. I reserve the right to re-list items at my discretion after that point.
* Drawings will be shipped rolled in a mailing tube, protected from damage with plastic.
* Canvases will be shipped in custom boxes.
Refunds and Exchanges
* Please not that due to health code concerns, earrings cannot be returned.
* If you for some reason are dissatisfied with your purchase, please let me know. Your satisfaction is important to me, and I will look at any case individually.