Lokaskai is taking a short break
Lokaskai - Making Dreams a Reality
Let me first start with a bit of background on myself and why I do what I do. I've worked with my hands for as long as I can remember. I've dabbled in drawing, painting, graphics, various forms of art, sewing and costuming, crochet, carving, paper crafts, clay work, jewelry making, bead work, and leather working. I've also tried my hand at metal working, carpentry, wood burning and book binding.
Aside from creating things, I'm a bit of a (ok, a total) geek, and a gamer. I love languages, cultures, and mythology. I also have an affinity with dreams. I love anything to do with dreams, dream myth, and things inspired by the concept of dreams. I also have an affinity with the old Norse Ways*.
Out of all of my hobbies and talents, I always end up back at games and cosplay in some way or another. So the main focus of my shop is to take all the things I love and am good at, and offer them to others**. Share my dreams and spread the love, so to speak.
I'm more than glad to talk about commissions for small props, cosplay accessories, gamer gear, geeky things, cute stuff, jewelry, ball jointed doll accessories, and more. Don't be afraid to convo me and ask if I can make something! :)
Please be aware though that I work my crafts and online shop around a part time day job; this limits the time I can spend depending on my schedule any given week. If you want something extravagant made, please don't contact me weeks before you need it or I simply won't have the time to make it AND still get it to you. Please give me at least 2-3 months advance notice for any large or detailed requests, and 2-3 weeks for other custom requests of substantial size/work. For anything else, I can give you a time estimate if you need me to, so feel free to ask me on a per-order basis.
* Please be aware that when I say I associate with the Norse Ways, and yes I call myself a Heathen, I do so in the truest sense. I DO NOT support bigotry or racism of any kind!
** Everything (and I mean everything) I make and offer is personal in some way shape or form. I don't just make things because "I think they will sell". I Put my heart into it all. ♥
Owner, Designer, Photographer, Artist, Dreamer
I consider myself to be a rather creative, complex person... Though some may say I'm just flighty, or off in my own little world. Maybe I am. But that's the point, right? Life without imagination is far too dull. ;3
Many of my items are made-to-order. Sometimes I have a backstock of finished work I was able to get ready before orders, so wait times will vary. I finish orders in the order I receive them. Please check the listings for the made-to-order tag and standard wait times.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations
Returns and exchange details
If an item is undeliverable and returned to me, a refund may be offered for cost of the item and a possible 10% off of the original item cost may be deducted in some cases (this includes but is not limited to lack of communication if I request an address update beforehand). Shipping will NOT be refunded. To avoid any missent and returned packages please make sure that the address you provide on Etsy is correct and on file with USPS before you make any orders!
• I take measures to ensure the safety of packages from my end, and do my best to make sure that USPS will handle packages safely and accordingly. Therefore, I do not offer refunds for items lost or damaged by USPS.
• I will NOT give refunds for items that have been marked as delivered in tracking. If you didn't get your package, contact your local post office to file a claim. I am NOT responsible for USPS or international carriers.
• Please be aware that I will NOT give refunds because you failed to read a listing and ordered something without knowing the full details. "It's not what I expected" or "it's smaller than I thought" are not excuses. I list the sizes, materials I use, and any other needed information, so please know what you're ordering! Thank you.
• Vinyl decal sizes are measured from either the longest/tallest point or are the closest approximation; if you require exact size details, please contact me before ordering. Details will be gladly provided upon request! Decals will not be refunded or replaced because you ordered the wrong size for your needs without communication.
I do NOT accept money orders, money transfers, checks or mailed funds of any kind.
Payment must be up front and clear Etsy or Paypal before your order ships.
I will consider cancellations on a case by case basis when and if necessary.
* In areas where Paypal is still a payment method option.
I ship to the name and address on file with Etsy, so please make sure your information is up to date and correct! If you would like your order to be shipped to an address NOT on file with Paypal or Etsy, please provide the desired name and shipping address in the note to seller when you check out! I can also send things as a gift this way if you request it!
• As of August 22, 2020, I am aware that USPS is having severe delays which may continue due to increase in online buying and a shortage of manpower within USPS. If you select First Class shipping I can NOT guarantee your order getting to you in a timely manner. Once orders are shipped they are out of my hands. If you need your order at a specific time, please consider Priority shipping, as I can confirm Priority shipments are still being handled in a more timely manner.
Additional policies and FAQs
• • • Lokaskai DOES NOT sell works that include official art! All artwork featured on my buttons, bookmarks, acrylic charms and other print work, "inspired by" or not, are still drawn by myself, ie, fanart.
Lokaskai DOES NOT directly copy any official works or works by other artists.
All graphic work seen on buttons and bookmarks are drawn and printed by myself using a graphics tablet and home printer. These are NOT mass produced products.
I will accept any custom commission and made-to-order requests so long as it's something I'm capable of creating for you. Feel free to convo me and make a request!
I will NOT sell an item I make that I'm not satisfied with myself. If I feel the quality of something isn't good enough to sell, I won't sell it. If I feel it might break based on materials, I will not sell it. If I suspect an item MIGHT get damaged based on mishandling, I will state so in the listing for your information. I have high standards for my materials, but I'm also versatile for cost and effectiveness reasons. I DO test products for durability and functionality before ever listing them in my shop. If at a later date quality fails after initial testing I will recreate the product accordingly or stop selling it till I can ensure quality!
• Prices may be subject to change depending on the complexity and difficulty of the work, and supply & demand. I do my best to keep my prices fair for you and I both!
• • • Pets, Carpet & Fabrics • • •
• Products come from a pet friendly home (cats/dogs, NO bird, reptiles, etc), however I take necessary precautions to keep any products and supplies I use from coming into contact with fur and dander. Please be aware however if you have pet allergies, I cannot guarantee that these measures are always 100% certain.
• As anyone working in an area with carpet, or anyone working with fabric knows, particles are possible. I do my best to keep any particles out of my products! However, in the case of products with tape involved, such as decals, it IS possible you may find a particle or so due to static cling.
Particles include tiny fragments from carpet fiber, fabric threads and fiber, felt fiber "hairs", and so on.
I will NOT ship a decal if I feel any possible particles will interfere with the product or application!
• Thank you so much for understanding, and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me!
• • • Legal • • •
As I do a lot of fan art and fan inspired goods, I need to include this disclaimer:
Certain companies (ie Nintendo, Disney) allow for fanart that does NOT "step on their toes" as it were; ie, no resales or copies of their own merchandise. This is limited to unique style fanart and hand made goods NOT mass produced. My works fall under this clause, and the clause of fair use of symbolism.
Certain other items which appear to be inspired by other mediums are likely what they appear, however the companies involved cannot for legal reasons allow proper naming and terms to be used. I have however gotten the green light from these companies to continue my inspired works, as long as this rule is adhered to and exact naming and terms owned by the companies are omitted.
I respect the companies in which inspire some of my works, and their rights to their IP. Thank you for allowing my promotion of your ideas by making hand made goods to show my love for them. I will always support the companies behind my inspiration and I highly encourage my buyers to do so as well.