lyricalletters' Shop Policies
Welcome to my Etsy shop! I am a stay at home mom who loves to create. My priorities are God first, Family Second, and business third. Please convo me if you have any questions about anything you see in my shop. If you are a Pinterest junkie like me, click on the Pin It button on any of my listings and share my creations with your friends. PLEASE read my shop announcement and store policies which will answer 98% of your questions about my product and will let you know my current wait times and pertinent information that you need to see.
I accept credit/deit card payments through Etsy direct checkout or Paypal payment only.
- I process my orders in the order in which they are PAID FOR so if you request a private listing/custom design, you will NOT be put on my order book until it is finalized and paid for. I do NOT offer rush delivery. Most of my items are made after you order them unless otherwise noted.
-I use Priority Mail or USPS First Class Mail for most of my shipments, however, since I live in SC, West Coast shipping is very expensive so I may use an alternate shipper such as FedEx which takes longer in some cases. I will NOT use parcel post due to past experiences with breakage and shipping issues.
- If you are ordering an item for a specific event, I STRONGLY recommend that you give yourself plenty of time to receive the item AND some extra time in case an item is damaged during shipment. I pack my items well and have a VERY good track record of no damage during shipment but things DO happen occasionally that are out of my control and if you wait until the last minute to order, I can not be held responsible if your item is damaged and the replacement does not arrive in time. ***CHECK YOUR WAIT TIME BEFORE ORDERING***
-I will always ship your item within 48 hours of the date listed on your final Etsy receipt unless you add to your order, change things after you've ordered, or do not respond to my Etsy convos asking you a question about the order. I will NOT issue a refund for a late shipment UNLESS I am at fault by not shipping the item within 48 hours of the date I gave you. I will not issue refunds for issues with the shipping such as invalid address given to me or items that can not be delivered due to community restrictions such as gated communities. If you think there is going to be a problem with the delivery, YOU are responsible for giving me the information that the driver/mailman will need to get your package to you. If you think there may be a problem I strongly recommend that you communicate that to me when you order. If you are going out of town at the time your item is scheduled to arrive, please let me know so that I can ship it once you return. Unclaimed items are returned to me and I will NOT reship it to you unless you pay another shipping fee.
-I will always provide a tracking number for you after your item is shipped IF one is provided to me. Please check for an email from Etsy with this information. If you do not see it, check your spam folder.
Refunds and Exchanges
I strive to always have happy customers and will always work with you to make sure your item meets your approval, but due to the nature of the vinyl itself, I do have a few policies in place regarding refunds or replacements. If you have any issues with your item, PLEASE let me know because I can't fix it if I don't know about it. I also ask that you not use the Etsy feedback/review system to complain about your item if you have not talked with me about it first. I can assure you, I will work with you to fix any situation that arises, but I can't do that if you do not tell me. I also can not do that if you do not follow my policies set forth here. ALL REQUESTS FOR REFUNDS OR REPLACEMENTS MUST BE MADE WITHIN 30 DAYS OF RECEIVING YOUR ORDER SO I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU UNPACK YOUR BOX UPON RECEIPT AND INSPECT FOR DAMAGES.
-On items where I apply the vinyl (tiles, etc.) I offer replacement (if possible) or refund (minus shipping charges), depending on the situation for any item that is found to be DEFECTIVE or damaged during shipment. ALL problems must be reported to me within 30 days of receiving the item and I do require that you send me a PHOTO of the damaged item which clearly shows the defect/damage. That is NOT optional because I need the photo for insurance purposes. I only use the highest quality vinyl and your items should hold up well as long as they are cared for properly.
-I do NOT under any circumstances offer refunds on personalized/custom items that are delivered in good condition and you change your mind and decide you do not want it for some reason. These items can not be resold as they are made custom for you so I can not offer you a refund solely because you changed your mind about the order. If the item is NOT personalized, I will offer you a refund MINUS SHIPPING only after the item is returned to me in it's ORIGINAL condition at YOUR expense.
-On decals where YOU apply the vinyl I will offer a one-time replacement for any PART of the decal that does not stick (for example, single letters that do not stick or that are damaged during installation). I will replace the decal ONE time only. I STRONGLY recommend that you THOROUGHLY read the instructions that come with your decal and follow them to the letter for best results. Vinyl does NOT stick to dirty surfaces and should NEVER be left in a hot/cold car before application. Follow the enclosed instructions and your decal should work perfectly for you. I will NOT offer a refund for any decal that is not applied by me unless you ship the used item back to me at your expense. Vinyl will not stick to silicone based items and is very difficult (although not impossible) to stick to powder coated metal. Please be aware of this before ordering. Vinyl will also NOT stick to environmentally friendly, "Low VOC", or "Green" paint so please note this BEFORE ordering. Please allow freshly painted walls to cure for AT LEAST 2 weeks before applying any decal to them.
- If an item is damaged during shipment, I will offer a replacement if possible. If replacement is not possible, then I will refund your money (minus shipping charges) AFTER you send me a picture of the damaged item.
- If you are ordering an item for a specific event, I STRONGLY recommend that you give yourself plenty of time to receive the item AND some extra time in case an item is damaged during shipment. I have a VERY good track record of no damage during shipment but things DO happen occasionally that are out of my control and if you wait until the last minute to order, I will not be held responsible if your item is damaged and the replacement does not arrive in time.
--I will always ship your item within 48 hours of the date stated on your Etsy receipt, unless you add to your order or change things after you've ordered. I will NOT issue a refund for a late shipment UNLESS I am at fault by not shipping the item within 48 hours of the date stated. I will not issue refunds for issues with the shipping such as invalid address given to me or items that can not be delivered due to community restrictions. If you think there is going to be a problem with the delivery, YOU are responsible for giving me the information that the driver/mailman will need to get your package to you. If you think there will be a problem, I strongly recommend that you communicate that to me when you order.
-I will not, under ANY circumstances refund money because you do not like the color. All computer monitors are different and the colors you see on your screen may not match the vinyl color exactly. I ALWAYS offer free samples, so if you would like to see the color, please let me know before you order and I will be glad to send you a sample of the color.
Additional Policies and FAQs
************************CUSTOM DESIGN ORDERS********************************
Due to the MUCH increased occurrence of people asking me to create a design for them and then not purchasing the item after it is listed, I will no longer do any FREE design work. If you would like a custom designed decal, the procedure is as follows...
1) Send me a convo with your request with as much detail as possible regarding colors, design, wording, etc. and if it is something I can do, we can proceed with the order.
2) I will set up a custom design fee listing for you that must be purchased before ANY design work is done on my end. This fee will be $5 and is NON-REFUNDABLE.
3) After the design work is done (may take up to 7 days) I will send you a proof of your custom design. I will make up to THREE free revisions on the proof before finalizing.
4) Once proof is approved and finalized, I will set up a listing for your item and it will be done according to my usual production times noted above.
I do not put profanity on my designs. I apologize if this is a problem for you but I try to lead my children by example and if I won't say it then I also won't sell it..
-All of my items are created using outdoor or indoor vinyl and embellishments. I do NOT use paint or other mediums for personalization.
-Outdoor vinyl is rated to last up to 6 years in outside conditions. It is removable with the heat of a hair dryer but NOT repositionable. When applying outside it adheres best in temps. 70 degrees or above.
-Indoor vinyl will remove cleanly from walls for at least 3 years. It is easily removable but NOT repositionable. It has a matte finish which looks very similar to paint when applied.
-All do it yourself decals come covered with transfer paper and with detailed instructions for application.
-If you are ordering a large number of items for a wedding or other event, I will work with you on the shipment of the items to make sure you get them before your event but it MAY be longer than my current wait time. Please allow enough time for replacements to be sent in case of damage during shipment when ordering for an event. Check my current wait time before ordering.
Last Updated January 28, 2015